New frigate skin - more gunports

CdGGambit

Warlord
The original frigate skin appeared to me to be more of a corvette (16 gun ports with 2 or 4 theoretical guns on the quarterdeck). The new skin now boasts 26 gun ports. Combined with a theoretical 6 guns on the quarterdeck, the frigate now belongs to a true frigate class, rather than corvette.

Goes into your Mod(or root)/Assests/Art/Units/frigate folder

Attachments

• frigate-SS.jpg
    frigate-SS.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 4,133
  • frigate.zip
    38.7 KB · Views: 599
If you wanted to, sure. You'd have to add it in as a new unit through XML and wutnot though.

Nice job, Cd. It indeed looks more mean now :).

Someone has GOT to model a crew for that ship

it would be so awesome to see people climbing, cleaning the decks, captain stearing the wheel, someone walking the plank.

And especially when it attacks, you could mod the people jumping ship, and when the ship sinks, you see your (or their) people floating and drowning in the ocean.

How's that for emotional attachment? :D

All men on deck!! :goodjob:

Snoopy said:
Someone has GOT to model a crew for that ship

it would be so awesome to see people climbing, cleaning the decks, captain stearing the wheel, someone walking the plank.

And especially when it attacks, you could mod the people jumping ship, and when the ship sinks, you see your (or their) people floating and drowning in the ocean.

How's that for emotional attachment? :D

And with that detail level on units you would have what computer specs to run the game ? ;)

poleti... i saw that with the lost units mod there is already includded a ship of the line.... so maybe the old frigate skin could just get turned into a corvette or a mercantmant/tradefrigate??... im quite new to the game so dont really know how to do it myself, but i think that it could be an idea.

Is it possible to scale the model so the corvette wouldnt be the same size as the frigate??

Snoopy said:

Actually, if you really want to see that... try Sid Meier's Pirates!

Not to get too off topic, but... you know that little bit of music that plays when a city completes a Theatre? I knew it sounded familiar... then I suddenly, for some inexplicable reason, had a memory of dancing with a governor's daughter...

Oh, nice skin by the way!

Steelsmith said:

Not to get too off topic, but... you know that little bit of music that plays when a city completes a Theatre? I knew it sounded familiar... then I suddenly, for some inexplicable reason, had a memory of dancing with a governor's daughter...

I've noticed as well the many similarities (the galleon, some music) ... sid must have had fun doing that

really doubt that Sid programs (much) any more.
The products would be of dramatically higher quality.
Project leader/advisor possibly, but not programmer.

Music familiar . . . the nature of copyrights . . . of course they re-use music.

Steelsmith said:

YES! I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE! I AM NOT INSANE!

Ahem.

I think they took pretty much everything they could from Pirates!. In fact, I betcha they even used a slightly higher poly-count version of the units somewhere.

Hi, I had downloaded this, and was playing around with the skin (as I cannot find the originals anywhere) and made a two decker, or at least two levels of guns.

since I got the original skin from you, CdGGambit, I thought I should mention it here, is that ok?

Top Bottom