NEW GAME 2022!! Realism Invictus Mod

Nighthawk419

Deity
Hello everyone who is left in the Civ 4 PBEM community! After a very, very long hiatus, I am back to playing PBEM civ games. I'm in the https://www.playyourdamnturn.com/ community playing Civ 6, but Civ 4 always is my favorite. The PBEM games here are some of my fondest memories. So I'm attempting to get a new game started! This won't be something ultra complicated, just a basic game for those who are interested.

We will be using the Realism Invictus mod - the download is here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/realism-invictus (v3.57)

Players: Whoever we can get, but will probably launch once we get 4-5 people interested. If there is more interest, we will add more, but if we wait more than a couple weeks and only have a few, then we will launch regardless.

Other settings:
Map Size: TBD based on players
AI: TBD, probably the same as number of players
Map: Totestra
Speed: Normal
City Flipping from Culture
Normal barbs
No tech trading/brokering
Random AI personalities
AI plays to win
All victory conditions except Time

If you are interested please put your name down in this thread along with your timezone and PM me with your email. And if you have any requests or thoughts about settings, let's all discuss!

Players:
Nighthawk419 - UTC -4
bluecivdoom - UTC +5 - Hannibal of Carthage
fdelbene - UTC +2 - Ceasar of Rome
Temae - UTC +2 - Tiridates of Armenia
Michkov - UTC +2 - Random Leader
Phylhom - UTC -3 - Roosevelt of America

PBEM Game Tracker:
How the system works:

The player send the file (attached ones) to the e-mail account: nighthawk.ri.pbem@outlook.com, so the system automatically send the file to next player.

The players can track the files on the link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvLw0ShUHbYTavPsZ_vWf4BBMvs?e=twy8fN.

Last edited:
Yes! I'm also still in!

As for the map, I'd put my vote down for the Totestra map script which is included in Invictus (I think). It simulates tectonics and usually looks quite good!

You both are in! Phylom and Michkov, please PM me your email and time zones. Also, good to see you again Michkov!

Oh also: If you want to make leader selections, go for it. There's so many, its so hard to choose... haha

Ok, I've now installed the mod and looked at the leaders. I think I'll go with Armenia for their highland pastures. And... Tiridates I. Or did you mean choose leader only?

By the way, there are a bunch of parameters for the Totestra script, but I guess you can just randomize them where it makes sense?

Hi, I'm interested but I never played a PBEM so I have a few questions:
  1. How many turns are expected for day ?
  2. What happens if I have IRL problems and cannot play anymore? Can my civ be taken over by AI?
  3. Which version of the mod? Stable or SVN?
Thank you

1) Depends on the player count, but playing your turn as fast a possible is appreciated to keep the game moving.
2) Best you tell the admin, Nighthawk in this case, beforehand so we can get a replacement for your slot. Worst case your civ can be given to the AI, but IIRC that isn't reversible, so it's more of a last resort.
3) Good question, Nighthawk?

Ok, I've now installed the mod and looked at the leaders. I think I'll go with Armenia for their highland pastures. And... Tiridates I. Or did you mean choose leader only?

By the way, there are a bunch of parameters for the Totestra script, but I guess you can just randomize them where it makes sense?
Sorry - Leader and Civ combo if you'd like to choose. Any combo is fine.

Yes, for the map script it will be mostly random wherever we can randomize and whatever the default/standard setting is otherwise.

Hi, I'm interested but I never played a PBEM so I have a few questions:
  1. How many turns are expected for day ?
  2. What happens if I have IRL problems and cannot play anymore? Can my civ be taken over by AI?
  3. Which version of the mod? Stable or SVN?
Thank you

1 - If you join there will be 5 of us. I will try to set the rotation to align with the earths rotation. I would expect 1 turn per day on most days. Maybe 2 on good days, maybe some days with 0 depending on people's schedules.

2 - We would try to find a replacement ideally. retiring to the AI is last choice as we can't reverse that. Don't feel bad if you can't commit to 10 years for a game! Let's just start and see where it goes. A few will make it to the end!

3 - I downloaded v3.55 apparently, from the link in the OP. It appears stable?

We'd love to have you, even if you end up retiring to the AI. (starting with 5 and going to 4 is better than just starting with 4) Please join us! And send over your email and time zone and any leader selection to my PM.

I'll plan to launch by the end of this week, likely Friday. Maybe sooner if we get a definitive answer from fdelbene!

OK, I'm in.

The latest stable is 3.57:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/realism-invictus-full-version-2021-12-06.28119/

I suggest this version, as the SVN version is described in this way: "Note that since it is a dev build, some features can be incomplete, some content missing or behave itself in unintended ways etc. Also remember that unless specifically instructed otherwise, you should NEVER update SVN in the middle of an ongoing game. New revision = new game. If you disregard this, your game will behave absolutely unpredictably; please DON'T report any bugs if they happened to a game that you updated - those most likely have nothing to do with RI."

Ok, I've downloaded v3.57 of Realism Invictus, I'd suggest the same for you all!

fdelbene is in! We will launch either tomorrow or Friday!

Michkov can you let me know your time zone? I also need a leader or Random from Phylom.

Thanks all.

Ok, no problem. I'd rather get more! What's one more day for a game that will take years. Let us know if you can get your friend in.

Phylom, do you want a leader?

Hello, I've been searching for a multiplayer experience on realism Invictus, can I still join, or is it too late/

Top Bottom