New game and load times very slow

adajaga

Chieftain
Hey all,

Since launch my machine has taken a really long time to begin game and to load them. I would have just thought the game is slow, but when I play the game on my laptop (with worse specs) it is much much faster. Anybody had similar issues? Here are specs:

Desktop PC (Slow):
Processor: 2.9 Ghz quadcore AMD
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 970

Laptop (Faster):
Processor: 2.7GHz dual core Intel i5
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: Intel Iris 6100, 1536MB

------------
I saw on steam forums that some people had problem with Windows defender, but it is completely disabled.

Both machines are using SSDs, but the Desktop has the OS on one SSD and Steam and Civ on another one, don't know if they would make any difference.

Let me know if you have any ideas! The game itself plays fine once loaded, and the several minutes of load times keep me from save scumming for minor things, but it is still a big pain in the ass. Loading this on my laptop made me realize it doesn't have to be this way.

I have a same problem. It has been always very slow, but now when i created a new game, it takes several minutes to load. Earlier it took like 3 min. to load the game, now it takes 6 minutes.
8 gig memory, PCI-E SSD. Intel i5-750. Should be ok comp still. Little old, but the game cant be that heavy.
And yes, im not using Windows defender. I even tried to enable it and tried to fix the issue that way, but its not the problem.

DEVELOPERS?!!

Please keep in mind that CivFanatics is a fan site, not an official support site for 2K or Firaxis. If anyone in the CivFanatics community has any insights to offer, they will do so. If you want a response from 2K (or Firaxis), the only mechanism that I am aware of is to open a trouble ticket with 2K on their official support site: http://support.2k.com

Please keep in mind that CivFanatics is a fan site, not an official support site for 2K or Firaxis. If anyone in the CivFanatics community has any insights to offer, they will do so. If you want a response from 2K (or Firaxis), the only mechanism that I am aware of is to open a trouble ticket with 2K on their official support site: http://support.2k.com
Oh, thank you. This was the only Civilization support forum i did find. I have to look for them then. Sorry.

Top Bottom