New Game-play Idea: Barbarian Germany Domination! ...and story behind its discovery

All of the menus are available through the UI but there's not much you can do in any of them. the advisor screen was the best - everyone said let's establish a city so we can do something but the best comment was - "I need somewhere to put my stuff; my arms are tired." :crazyeye:

Ah, the science advisor, funny guy. There definitely won't be much for a science advisor to do in a barbarian horde. :mischief:

OK Diety is tough.

Barbs are much harder to kill and with raging barbs, the camps pop new barbs very quickly. On lower levels, you can ignore the wandering barbs until you get the honour opening. On diety, you can't. There's so many of them you won't survive unless you mop every one of the little buggers up. This means you spend much more time healing and a lot less time finding ruins or camps.

Ruins are not as kind; only found a few and all but 2 of them were maps or camp locations.

I tried 2 games on diety: the first one I found Alex very quickly with my grand army of 2 warriors - game over.

The second one I lasted longer. It was easy to kill anything that came your way if you could hold formation but taking cities was tough - didn't get one.

Bismark is supposed to have a 0.67 probability of recruiting a barb from a camp. I counted in the second game - got 8 from 16. Whilst this is not too far outside expectations an extra 3 or 4 units would have helped immensely. I only got 1 recruit from the first 5 camps - the random number gods were not smiling.

I quit the second game once my warrior/archer/battleaxe army was fighting pike/sword/CB's.

I'll give it another try later.

Top Bottom