New Game Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SO. That just about lines up with my current Marathon test game. Small sample size between us, but looks like what I expected for the 1st series of GS Commits.

Research overall is a bit bit fast.

Next commit will slow it down some more.

I also see that you have had to adjust your research levels and they are not staying at 100%. Good.

JosEPh

Ok here is some of what u wanted, i think??

1. Ai to sed
2. me to sed
3. some options

Those pics are a perfect feedback sample for assisting with calibrating tech research times. Getting samples like that coming in would be very helpful to Joe I imagine. Get the first era right and the rest gets easier from there.

Those pics are a perfect feedback sample for assisting with calibrating tech research times. Getting samples like that coming in would be very helpful to Joe I imagine. Get the first era right and the rest gets easier from there.

Exactly so.

With more of these type responses I can find the median or avg research times from more samples than my own limited batch. I can then cull the extremes on either end of the range and adjust research modifier accordingly. Different play styles as well as player abilities are also factors to be weighed in the process.

And SO's inclusion of When the 1st AI made Sed. Life is Very valuable info.

If I can get more responses in the form of StrategyOnly's info/screenshots, then adjustments can be made much more quickly.

Thanks SO you nailed what I needed. :D

JosEPh

2nd adjustment to research rates for all GS. All slowed down.

JosEPh

With newly adjusted research rates committed yesterday, today's Epic GS test game hit Sed. Life at 5956BC, on Target. 1 bulls eye with 5 more to achieve.

JosEPh

U aren't re-doing the modular buildings and stuff right, because that is crap, needs to be thrown out, IMPO ..

Nope not me.

Just Game Speed rebalancing which includes the Set Up Option Upscaled Unit and Building Costs, emphasis on Costs. Both of these share the same xml file, CIV4GameSpeedInfos

JosEPh

Nope not me.

Just Game Speed rebalancing which includes the Set Up Option Upscaled Unit and Building Costs, emphasis on Costs. Both of these share the same xml file, CIV4GameSpeedInfos

JosEPh

OK great thx, just askin':p

U aren't re-doing the modular buildings and stuff right, because that is crap, needs to be thrown out, IMPO ..

What modular buildings are you referring to?

From the discussion we had these were the agreed upon ranges. And we are not trying to be historically "correct" from any world view. This is a game play decision. And this is the feedback range I'm asking for.

JosEPh

I'm completely flabbergasted by this post.

:huh: :dunno:

JosEPh

While you're at it Joe, I wod suggest renaming the speeds. It's odd that 'normal' be on or near the fastest speed.

Yeah, well when SO removed Quick and Blitz that would've been the ideal time. But after I'm done with the rebalancing I'll see how many files are dependent upon the GS Names. There are a bunch that I know of right now. Plus all the Pedia work.

On the GS, I have made an a further adjustment to Normal that I will be soon committing.

Really need some Snail feedback for when Sed Life is reached (Turn and Game date when achieved).

JosEPh

Epic game speed, Monarch difficulty. Sped up by selected leader traits (Scientific, creative, foreign) that net to about 1 beaker per turn per city (say about +300 overall). Slowed by researching optional technologies (all except Druidism and Shamanism).

Gold income seemed slightly higher than before: +19 gold/turn at 7100 BC and 100% science. May be impacted by Culture trait, expanding to resources sooner. No trade yet.

Attachments

• Sedentary lifestyle reached 7100BC0000.JPG
    Sedentary lifestyle reached 7100BC0000.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Settings page 10000.JPG
    Settings page 10000.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 108
  • demographics at sedentary lifestyle0000.JPG
    demographics at sedentary lifestyle0000.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 94
Thanks SirJohnEh! :)

JosEPh

Do I have any Eon or Eternity players that have reached Sed Life recently?

JosEPh

Same set-up and SVN level as previous Epic test above.Again Sped up by selected leader traits (Scientific, creative, foreign) that net to about 1 beaker per turn per city (say about +550 overall at this speed). Slowed by researching optional technologies (all except Druidism and Shamanism).

Gold income slower at start than Epic speed, but a bit higher at end (+26gold/turn at 100% science). May be impacted by Culture trait, expanding to resources sooner. Minimal trade at end.

Seems a bit off to me versus Epic spped finding - JosEPh, would you like another test run at Snail speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom