New Game Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
A known issue that we do plan to work on sooner or later. Barbarians role in C2C has been neglected for many years now due to other priorities.
Barb Leader trait could get a global +1 culture and there you go, Bob's your uncle.

Hehe, that's what we said before I added +1 :culture: and +100% :culture: to the barbarian native culture building. ^^
Doesn't help the Neanderthal though. I suppose the other solution would also need to be individually applied to the neander leader - though I think the Neander Leader still has the same trait as the barb one.

Barb Leader trait could get a global +1 culture and there you go, Bob's your uncle.
Except in games where you play with no traits or no starting traits and developing leaders.

Why not just have an autobuild building "Barbarian Balance" that barbarians and neanderthals get.

If we start finetuning, then balancing Noble/Standard/Normal setting would be good start - they all have production/research modifier of 100.
This means only globals and eras have influence on balance.
For Eras iconstruct and iresearch aren't aligned:
Iconstruct goes from 70 to 200 by +10 step per era, iResearch goes from 100 to 110 in second era, and then in +5 steps to 170 in last era.

On first era there is 70/100 ratio and on last one there is 200/170 ratio.
Iconstruct shouldn't outpace iresearch - there are extensive building chains in later eras.
Construction cost inflation is 200/70 = 2.86x and tech cost inflation is 170/100 = 1.7x

Last edited:
I started a new game yesterday and today I reached Sedentary Lifestyle. The game is on Immortal difficulty, Marathon game speed, Huge map size. SVN version is 9946. My leader is Alfonso I, he doesn't have positive or negative scientific traits but his Populist trait gives -5%:hammers: in every city. Tech diffusion and Win for Losing is on but I turned on the No Tech Handicaps for Humans too. I turned off the Teleport Hunting Awards option, and I turned on the Raging Barbarians, the Brabarian World and the Start as minor civs options on in the hope of some extra Fun.

I researched Sedentary Lifestyle in turn 546. The first civilization did it in turn 529. I researched 97 techs so I averaged 5.6 turns/tech. I am the second most advanced empire. I have 4 cities. I have met 2 other civilizations. One have 1 city the other have 2 that I know about. It can be more, he is on the edge of the unexplored territories. My starting place is quite good, I have a tile with bamboo forest which gave me 3 :hammers: from the start. I also have nice resources around my capital.

Tribal Villages didn't help much I was able to explore 4, one gave research two gave money and the last one was hostile. I lost my early units quite fast. I started to hunt with Stone Throwers from the start and I tried to hunt as much as possible all the time. It was very hard at the start, I lost a lot of units for wildelife and for the occasional barbarian, but I forced the issue. Building that much units slowed down the improvement of my capital. It got better after I got my first Master Tracker. It cleaned the area around my empire from the dangerous animals. From this point on hunting helped me a lot and I started to emerge from the bottom.

At the end of the Prehistoric Era I was able to get some Tribal Village islands around the continent. They gave me some techs and some research breakthroughs.

Turning off the Teleport Hunting Awards option did the trick. It slowed me down significantly. I wasn't able to explore as fast as in my previous game, I still didn't explore my whole continent. The unit maintenance expenses for the subdued animals didn't allow me to build as much cities as earlier. It's a pain in the arse but it works.

I want to play this game for a while, I will tell about it on the end of the next era.

Start as minor civs options on in the hope of some extra Fun.
Not sure if the Start as Minors Option ever got fixed. It had problems that hindered the AI. So for sometime it's not been recommended, That I know of.

Notice:
I am going to ask the Moderators to close this Thread.

Toffer90 can make a new Game Speed thread if he so desires.

Moderator Action: Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom