1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Grudge Match

Discussion in 'Strategy Forum' started by Hubay, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hubay

Hubay Chieftain

Hey everyone! I didn't participate in the last grudge match because I'd never gotten around to buying the inca/spain dlc. But I liked the idea, and I think we should do another one, maybe with less dlc required.

I also think it might be interesting to do a 1-city challenge Gotm. What do you guys think?

Anyways, I thought a good way to start would be to have anyone interested post the dlc's they don't have, so whoever makes the map (it doesn't have to be me) knows what civs are fair game.

I don't have: spain, inca, babylon, though I've been debating buying one of those two sets.

2. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Sounds good to me, no matter what DLC (if any) you choose.

3. lindanealmck

lindanealmck Chieftain

That works for me. I think at this point, most of us that are still playing have all of the DLC, but if you want to make one with the DLC you have, that would work as well.

4. Hubay

Hubay Chieftain

Ok, cool. I'm thinking suliemon might work the best for OOC because of his UA. Not having a UB is less handy, and I know he skews a little more towards warmongering but having a decent defense force through the rennaissance always helps. Ramses is also pretty strong, but I feel like he's almost a little OP for culture victories.

Any other takers?

5. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Ottomans are an interesting, not-so-easy choice.

6. Hubay

Hubay Chieftain

Okay, so at the moment I'm throwing together an OCC, Ottoman, emperor-difficulty (don't want it too difficult so it's still accessible) standard-length game. If anyone thinks that's silly lemme know, otherwise I should have a map ready tomorrow!

7. Txurce

Txurce Deity

I would only add to wait for the release of v130 of VEM.