New Hands-On Gameplay Preview (Morocco/Indonesia, Tech Tree, & more)

Very cool preview! I'm bored at work so i will proceed to see it again pausing frame by frame for the next 3 hours.

Indonesia and Morocco both look very cool.

And finally! Mi Buenos Aires querido as a city-state!

I know, the Lightning warfare tenant is really cool. That said, it doesn't appear social policy costs were reduced much/enough. The player seemed to be playing at a fairly low difficulty level as was too

Indonesia UA looks like a super mercantile city-state :p

At first I thought it was only one unique luxury for each of your first two cities on a different continent from your capital, but listening to it again, it looks like it's two for each! I wonder what types these will be (off to Google Indonesian stuff). I'm also curious whether or not this is Indonesia's full ability or part of it. :D

So much new stuff, so much awesome... Excellent to see Indonesia and Morocco finally confirmed, they make fine additions.

Ideology List(not perfect)

Very interesting system.
We should choice same ideology of others for diplomacy, but it will make conflict tenets.

Attachments

• Ideology1.jpg
    Ideology1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 542
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 508
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 426
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 405
Looking at the tech tree...Axeman seems to be a barbarian UU!

I'm also a bit puzzled about Skyscraper tenet in Order ideology tree, this tenet would be more fit in Freedom ideology tree in my opinion.

thanks for the vid, very well done

It looks like Bazooka comes at Fission, not Fusion. And the Kasbah unlocks at Chivalry.

One thing that puzzles me. Did anyone see Gunboat diplomacy on the list of Autocracy tenets. Was an interesting concept and I am sad that it looks like it got dropped.

edit. And there it is I am a blind person indeed. Spotted it 5 seconds after posting.

I loved how over time the amount of extra votes you get based on city states decrease. This ensue's that someone like Morocco in the game won't dominate throughout the ages.

Did anyone get the name of the Indonesian UA by any chance?

There is a light green city state there from what I can tell, but that would be Lhasa.

In the video it pans over Lhasa at one point too, its the same green color it appears to me

I will lose my if the Kievan Rus are revealed to be the last European civ at this point. It's unlikely, but now that Venice's chances are getting slimmer, I don't know many other alternatives besides Hungary.

Hungary has next to 0 chance because of the alphabetical list of civs that we were released. Plus we have Bratislava as a city state (making Hungary and Slovakia severely unlikely)

I noticed that the Temple of Artemis was touted as a "new wonder" - and then realised that I obtained that in the wonders DLC, so it must have been added to the expansion. Is it one of the eight - or are there eight new wonders plus this?

I wonder if it's a mistake and they're not in the expansion (just the DLC was already incorporated so it showed up). It's also possible they're added on top of everything else, since the Mausoleum is included in the poster, which might have been a hint that they were incorporated into the game (no what does that say about Motte and Baileys ;) ).

Berber Cavalry looks to be the 34 strength new UU.
Gets bonus in desert and Maroc territory.

Btw, Morocco + desert folklore + Petra + Kasbah.... Oh my... :crazyeye:

I'm surprised they went with Berber Cavalry. I would have thought Black Guard would be a shoe-in. That being said, I appreciate the explicit incorporation of the Berbers into their civilization, so I'm fine with it. The problem is the usefulness of the Q&A is rapidly diminishing because all the hints are being taken.

The Kasbah seems crazy powerful. It's almost a free Petra + defensive bonus to begin with (I suppose you can't irrigate the tiles, though). With Petra, they are the supreme desert civ now.

Yowser. After almost a month of having to over-analyze every last tid-bit of information, we suddenly have what feels like an information *overload*. Awesome work on the vid mate :)!

Aussie.

Top Bottom