New Hands-On Gameplay Preview (Morocco/Indonesia, Tech Tree, & more)

zacminor

Chieftain
Hey folks! I've got a brand new hands-on gameplay preview up on Rev3Games:

Link to video.

There's a ton to talk about - we got to play a short game as Morocco, and met another new civ: Gajah Mada of Indonesia. In addition, we got an extended look at the culture game, played with the World Congress, explored archaeology, and finally saw how the ideology system works.

Since we're a video outlet, there's only so much I could include in my preview, but there's a bunch of extra info if you freeze frame at certain points ;)

In addition, I've attached a full screenshot of a cobbled together tech tree - you'll spot a number of new units, wonders, and buildings.

Spoiler :

If you guys have any questions, please let me know! I'm going to play a few more games in this build, and I'll try to answer whatever questions I can.

Thanks!
Zac

Attachments

• bnw-techtree.jpg
    bnw-techtree.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 2,668
Youtube said:
This video does not exist.

Sorry about that.

... Damn!... :sad: I got really excited too!
You sure the link is right?

EDIT: It works now!!! :D SOOO gonna see it!

That was awesome. So many things flashed across the screen. We could spend a month picking apart just this video.

Oh crap there is so much new info in this vid and so much curve balls about stuff we have been guessing wrong (like the resource thing).

Also, bye-bye Italy.

I can see Cahokia, so that means that they aren't going to be in any new Civilization.

What was the Indonesian UA? I caught something about resources and unrazable cities.

Ok, this was freaking cool!!! :D Mada looks skinnier on the hint, by the way! :lol:

Really quick, Pedro II says "Deveremos prosperar atravez do comercio?" which means "Should we prosper through commerce?"

Also, here are Morocco's uniques!

Buenos Aires is there, so no Argentina.

They are also minor_light_purple and cultured, which is a new colour-type combination, so it looks like they are simply a new addition.

I can see Lhasa, so no Tibet this time.

There's also Milan, so no Italy this time, although Indonesia already confirmed that.

So Indonesia gets the unique resource for cities built on other land masses.

poor indonesia, i can see how everyone would like to capture their first cities to get those unique luxuries :mischief:

Hmmm... so it looks like we'll get Venice as the final European Civilization.

I'm also elated to finally see Indonesia in.

Top Bottom