New Hotfix Up (july, 12th)

Kevin J

Hewer of Wood
New patch out on Steam. Here's the notes. Just some bug squashing.

[HOT-FIX]

- Hot-Seat: Refresh resource icons for each player so that you cannot see another players resource icons above the fog. This also allowed you to see the location of a natural wonder discovered by another player as well. Both have been addressed with this fix.
- Hot-Seat: Fix auto-save issue that was causing “Next Turn” hangs on re-load when players had no AI in the match.
- Policies: Fix an issue that was causing policy finishers to count against the cost of the next policy (should be free).
- UI: Map Options panel now works correctly for both multi-player and single player.
- Modding: Fix problem that caused errors when starting WorldBuilder.
- Modding: Fix problem causing WorldBuilder maps loaded as scenarios to always load the first leader slot instead of the selected leader.
- Exploit: Close exploit that allowed a user to “sell” a free building for gold each turn without losing the building.
- Multiplayer: Because of a hot-seat change, the chat window would end your turn every time a user hit “enter” after typing something in chat. This is now corrected.

That's all they fixed for Hotseat? *insert me rolling my eyes*

New patch out on Steam. Here's the notes. Just some bug squashing.

[HOT-FIX]

- Policies: Fix an issue that was causing policy finishers to count against the cost of the next policy (should be free).

I did not know this or had seen this bug, unless it happened to me and I didn't see it. My next game will be interesting, and I'll be checking. If this was happening, I wonder now if this was what was causing cultural wins to slow down????????

And the much requested modding fixes.
Just check how long the threads about the WB issues and scenario problems are ;).
That fix was really needed.

And thanks for posting, will be on the main page in a second.

Ah yes, the hotfix is nice fixing the other problems. I guess the next large patch will address some of the Hotseat issues.

@guy above me

Must've been slowing them down big time. It probably really started to add up once you got through the third tree since by then, the game must've thought you had nearly four trees researched instead of just three.

The fix of the finishers is a big deal to me! Thanks for fixing that, I have been holding off me gaming because of it. Wonder if I can use my last saved game, though. I had already filled in one finisher in that game. Will it somehow compute correctly and give me points back? I must check...

thats nice, but there are still plenty of bugs in hotseat besides what was fixed =/ thankfully none of them are major (at least that I know of)

Bugs:
The unit icon in the lower left corner shows the colors of player one, regardless of whose turn it is.

techs show player one's UU and UB. for example I'm playing a hotseat game as America that tells me I will get the musketeer when I research gunpowder because player 1 is French :rolleyes: (note that it is correct in the tech tree, only displays incorrectly when choosing which tech to research next)

I'm not positive on this one, but it really seems like declarations of friendship don't last anywhere near 30 turns. unless the AI is just asking to declare friendship before the previous declaration has worn off.

Im sure there are plenty of bugs I don't know about too =/

I love the policy change, even if it might have me restarting my current game. <.< Wonder if they rebalanced the policy costs since the change will slash a good 20-40 turns off any cultural victory if they didn't.

That's all they fixed for Hotseat? *insert me rolling my eyes*

They have been fairly active on forums about squashing bugs with the Hotseat (even on this forum <.<) if you still have problems with it, I'd post specifics, not that it's terrible.

They have been fairly active on forums about squashing bugs with the Hotseat (even on this forum <.<) if you still have problems with it, I'd post specifics, not that it's terrible.

Step 1.) Reread my post.

Step 2.) Highlight every time I said "terrible" in that post.

Step 3.) ???

Step 4.) Profit?

:rolleyes:

Moderator Action: Please don't troll your fellow posters.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Step 1.) Reread my post.

Step 2.) Highlight every time I said "terrible" in that post.

Step 3.) ???

Step 4.) Profit?

:rolleyes:

Well you're insinuating that because there's is only a short list of Hot Seat fixes and rolling your eyes that you think there are a lot more problems with the Hot Seat. If a feature like hotseat had a lot of bugs in it I'd think it was pretty bad, quite possibly terrible.

So you didn't say it was terrible, you can have your +1 internetz point, but you're still saying in not as many words that Hot Seat has a lot of problems with it. I'm just saying that you should post specifics since they are actively hunting the problems. There's a thread in this forum where a guy was ranting about Hot Seat crashes and a Firaxis guy came in requesting more specifics since the build they have running was doing just fine.

- Multiplayer: Because of a hot-seat change, the chat window would end your turn every time a user hit “enter” after typing something in chat. This is now corrected.

So very much happy to see these fixes. The multiplayer bug was quite annoying.

Well, it looks like I'll have to re-do my G-Minor attempt now that the policy finisher bug isn't in place anymore. It makes closing out Piety A.S.A.P. much more effective.

- Marty Lund

Good news! Finally.

Know the revealed resource bug was big in hotseat, so it's good that's fixed. Personally haven't/won't use hotseat, so can't comment on what state it's in now, but at least they fixed the most serious bug it had. Also glad they fixed the policy cost bug and the GW free building selling bug. Overall, a good start, and I'm guessing we might have another small patch in the future to clean up any additional problems since I'm assuming some DLC is coming relatively soon (meaning they'll need a patch for it). Glad they got this out relatively quickly.

Nice. Especially the active participation of the developers on this forum is encouraging to see the support they continue to give.

Nice to see this has came out so soon! Glad about SP fixes.

Now... A-Bomb intercept plz?

Thank you firaxis, i can finally use some early finishers! :) Without gimping my early policy gains.

Top Bottom