New Hotfix Version - 11-21-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

Posting the hotfix version here for visibility.

SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE

Fixes:
  • Performance improvements
  • Bugfixes for UI
  • CTD fixes, especially late game
  • Github cleanup for posted issues (thanks, loyal and true bug reporters!)
  • Fix for happiness population scaler (prepare yourselves, big city boys and girls)
  • AI fixes for a few tactical elements

There are no balance changes in this version - that version will probably come early next week.

Link: https://mega.nz/#F!DMsxkDYI!zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

Cheers,
Gazebo

Has the bug with AI managing to declare war on vassals been fixed yet?

Also on the subject of vassals, when sanctioned I can sent trade routes to them but not trade with them via diplomacy. Seems mighty inconsistent.

There seems to be a problem with calculation of "distress" in this version. After update, with a current savegame everything looked alright at first sight.
But you can see 70 unhappiness from "distress" already, which must have been only 10 before.

1.jpg 2.jpg

After opening a cityscreen happiness went down. "Needs" are increased a lot.

3.jpg 4.jpg

EDIT: Global Average (Need) Modifiers in vp-11-21-3 are >500%. They were <100% (previous version reinstalled)

old.jpg

Last edited:
I believe the cities have to re-adjust itself(re-assigning new citizens) and Distress are then reduced.

This was a happiness bugfix essentially.

There seems to be a problem with calculation of "distress" in this version. After update, with a current savegame everything looked alright at first sight.
But you can see 70 unhappiness from "distress" already, which must have been only 10 before.

View attachment 510639 View attachment 510640

After opening a cityscreen happiness went down. "Needs" are increased a lot.

View attachment 510641 View attachment 510642

EDIT: Global Average (Need) Modifiers in vp-11-21-3 are >500%. They were <100% (previous version reinstalled)

View attachment 510649

Point 4, bud:
  • Fix for happiness population scaler (prepare yourselves, big city boys and girls)
If you see that there's a negative sign next to Distress on growth, that's because the staticized system is adjusting itself. It'll rebalance.

G

Well, given that I'm playing on Marathon, the cities don't exactly grow fast. I think I'll stick with the old version until my next game.

Edit: Actually is there a way to force an update on happiness or to turn off the update on growth only feature?

Last edited:
There is a definite bug in Resdesigned Colors and Icons -- Meaningful Colors -- One Color Civs (MODs that affect Atlas.xml, Colors.xml, PlayerColors.xml, PlayerIcons.xml). With MOD enabled, you cannot improve particular resources, i.e. cannot build plantation or use fishing nets.

Last edited:
There is a definite bug in Resdesigned Colors and Icons -- Meaningful Colors -- One Color Civs (MODs that affect Atlas.xml, Colors.xml, PlayerColors.xml, PlayerIcons.xml). With MOD enabled, you cannot improve particular resources, i.e. cannot build plantation or use fishing nets. This has resulted in what I believe to be false reports on github for bug in VP that are actually a result of existing bug in these color mods that people are using. I see this when using it as DLC.

This is NOT the fault of VP, something in Civ5 engine as reported from different people in RCI thread and other threads.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/redesigned-colors-and-icons-rci.549830/page-3

use the old version (1.3 beta) to just replace files in civ 5 folder to avoid the problem.

use the old version (1.3 beta) to just replace files in civ 5 folder to avoid the problem.
But than you get the issue of vanilla colors replacing the modified ones with reloading. There doesn't seem to be a perfect solution to the color mods. I just wanted to post to ensure people don't create github reports for it.

Well, given that I'm playing on Marathon, the cities don't exactly grow fast. I think I'll stick with the old version until my next game.

Edit: Actually is there a way to force an update on happiness or to turn off the update on growth only feature?

That'd be sweet, is there a way to force instant happiness checks? It'd fix the problem.

But than you get the issue of vanilla colors replacing the modified ones with reloading. There doesn't seem to be a perfect solution to the color mods. I just wanted to post to ensure people don't create github reports for it.

I never had that issue myself I think. It always keeps the old colour. At least I've never noticed.

If you have the firetuner you could make the city grow and then reduce the pop.

Consider it a brief revolutionary wave!

G

I let all my cities grow so the bugged distress goes away, and my impressions are very negative. At first it was balanced, but now the unhappiness is simply nuts. Even after I let every city grow to undistress, every city started turning into a problem as I teched. I focus production/food buildings as well as barracks line + chancery (tons of allies) everywhere, and my happiness is plummeting. Distress is unreasonable, and so is Poverty. I instantly changed the happiness file to be less strict (675 per pop to 475 per pop), but it only changed from unplayable to being at -10+ most of the time now. Logs show AIs losing cities to unhappiness left and right even after they've grown to undo the 1 pop = 1 distress bug. Building the right buildings doesn't solve the problem and I see if I don't stop growth everywhere, a pop will cost 1-4 happiness in each city. I have logs, but only with 475 starting, so much more lenient for big cities than the base version, so I don't know if I should uplaod.

I'm just thinking the hotfix isn't exactly save-game compatible because I'm in the Renaissance Era right now with roughly 20-30 Happiness.

I think the AI just aren't prepared for the bugfix and then they are trying to fix themselves, but it is too late based on the choices they made.

I let all my cities grow so the bugged distress goes away, and my impressions are very negative. At first it was balanced, but now the unhappiness is simply nuts. Even after I let every city grow to undistress, every city started turning into a problem as I teched. I focus production/food buildings as well as barracks line + chancery (tons of allies) everywhere, and my happiness is plummeting. Distress is unreasonable, and so is Poverty. I instantly changed the happiness file to be less strict (675 per pop to 475 per pop), but it only changed from unplayable to being at -10+ most of the time now. Logs show AIs losing cities to unhappiness left and right even after they've grown to undo the 1 pop = 1 distress bug. Building the right buildings doesn't solve the problem and I see if I don't stop growth everywhere, a pop will cost 1-4 happiness in each city. I have logs, but only with 475 starting, so much more lenient for big cities than the base version, so I don't know if I should uplaod.

Drop it to 250. I’ll push a hotfix hotfix. The tests I ran saw about 25 turns of bad unhappiness then it resolved, but it’s possible I just didn’t have enough sampling.

G

@G: You are just too fast. Still updating my translation to 11-21 :lol:

Drop it to 250. I’ll push a hotfix hotfix. The tests I ran saw about 25 turns of bad unhappiness then it resolved, but it’s possible I just didn’t have enough sampling.

G

We have to be careful though of using existing games. I know it’s save game compatible, but at the same time the player and AIs are building there infrastructure based on a certain happy model, and then suddenly are dealing with a new one.

This is opposed to dealing with more unhappiness since the start of the game and adapting to it more gradually.

We have to be careful though of using existing games. I know it’s save game compatible, but at the same time the player and AIs are building there infrastructure based on a certain happy model, and then suddenly are dealing with a new one.

This is opposed to dealing with more unhappiness since the start of the game and adapting to it more gradually.

I know - I tested on both (I would never say it was savegame compatible without testing on savegames). But every game is different re: happiness.

Hotfix inbound. Will update main link.

Edit: Done-zo.

G

Last edited:
The hotfixing (down to 250) did pretty much nothing. My happiness didn't change, it remained what it was, and hovering over cities just made me notice the unhappiness will still grow significantly - just less so in some cases. For instance I noticed the cities stopped saying the unhappiness would grow by 4 if the city grows, instead saying +1.

After I built Armories everywhere, my happiness barely changed. I don't know what to do. A city with Barracks + Forge + Arena + Armoury in mid medieval is wailing in despair from Distress, 3-5. Take in mind I took Diligence, have filled Authority and also a Chancery boosted by 4 allies for +8 Production. Afterwards, I also took Ascetism after enhancing just to see if it would change anything. It's 1 Food per pop, so maybe it should influence it positively. It did just as little, too. -12, about to only get worse. If anything is let grow, it'll get worse and if it won't, I'll still be in the red. I have pictures to show what would happen if I let some cities grow.
4 Armories being simultaneously constructed (all rushed) made it go from -16 to -10. Any growth and it plummets, so what am I meant to do? I don't have more reduction buildings available and pure yields, as evidenced by Diligence + Chancery + Barracks + Ascetism failing so hard, do nothing. I can build that Aqueduct, but it doesn't work.

While restarting removed my old logs, cityrevolutions is alive. Apparently checking that not-met AIs are at most at 9 cities and anything more equals huge problems is no coincidence. Inca has now 8 cities (late medieval for me), and they've lost 3 to revolutions (at 470, but change from 475 to 250 did nothing of value in my experience). Russia had 10 at it's most, and lost 2 despite me simultaneously borrowing a few. Sweden lost one, has 6. I have 17 cities and I cannot do anything. I could raze several puppets (at 1 unhappiness for 4 they're absolutely worthless before imperialism), but that will be even worse. I'll still have the increased science/culture without them providing anything because razing doesn't reduce your costs.

There's a big connection between city number being high (or average, 6-11 is not really big) and the situation turning horrible for civs involved.

The hotfixing (down to 250) did pretty much nothing. My happiness didn't change, it remained what it was, and hovering over cities just made me notice the unhappiness will still grow significantly - just less so in some cases. For instance I noticed the cities stopped saying the unhappiness would grow by 4 if the city grows, instead saying +1.

After I built Armories everywhere, my happiness barely changed. I don't know what to do. A city with Barracks + Forge + Arena + Armoury in mid medieval is wailing in despair from Distress, 3-5. Take in mind I took Diligence, have filled Authority and also a Chancery boosted by 4 allies for +8 Production. Afterwards, I also took Ascetism after enhancing just to see if it would change anything. It's 1 Food per pop, so maybe it should influence it positively. It did just as little, too. -12, about to only get worse. If anything is let grow, it'll get worse and if it won't, I'll still be in the red. I have pictures to show what would happen if I let some cities grow.
4 Armories being simultaneously constructed (all rushed) made it go from -16 to -10. Any growth and it plummets, so what am I meant to do? I don't have more reduction buildings available and pure yields, as evidenced by Diligence + Chancery + Barracks + Ascetism failing so hard, do nothing. I can build that Aqueduct, but it doesn't work.

While restarting removed my old logs, cityrevolutions is alive. Apparently checking that not-met AIs are at most at 9 cities and anything more equals huge problems is no coincidence. Inca has now 8 cities (late medieval for me), and they've lost 3 to revolutions (at 470, but change from 475 to 250 did nothing of value in my experience). Russia had 10 at it's most, and lost 2 despite me simultaneously borrowing a few. Sweden lost one, has 6. I have 17 cities and I cannot do anything. I could raze several puppets (at 1 unhappiness for 4 they're absolutely worthless before imperialism), but that will be even worse. I'll still have the increased science/culture without them providing anything because razing doesn't reduce your costs.

There's a big connection between city number being high (or average, 6-11 is not really big) and the situation turning horrible for civs involved.

I can't help but think something's up with your game, as this is not reflected in my testing at all. Case in point, the AI had a total of 44 turns (all civs combined) of negative happiness in a test savegame I ran from turn 75 to turn 428.

G

I can't help but think something's up with your game, as this is not reflected in my testing at all. Case in point, the AI had a total of 44 turns (all civs combined) of negative happiness in a test savegame I ran from turn 75 to turn 428.

G

I will start a new one after I decide to do so I guess, but how many cities did they have? Was there anyone of decent size, with like 15-20 cities? It seems to me like the penalty from the number of cities is too big, so if the AIs in your sample weren't sizeable, that is not what is meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom