1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Hotfix Version - April 21st (4-21)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Unhappinesss from tech stuff scales on a player by player basis. Global averages scale globally.

G

2. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

As the system is designed, there will always be unhappiness. If, say, you develop your military infrastructure you may have boredom, while if you develop your culture you may have crime instead. This is something you have to count on.
    When you advance in techs your happiness is more difficult to maintain, but you have more buildings to achieve that. Even more, advancing right to the next era makes buildings from old eras to build faster. And if your empire is too spread out, you can always control pop size (focus on production or check the no growth button). Your unhappiness gets out of control when your population grows fast.

3. peterw1987

peterw1987 Chieftain

G, has something tweaked about trade value for luxuries? In recent version, even in clasiccal era, AI is valueing my luxury 500-700(almost all AI, even hiawatha which rarely value luxuries high in previous version). Even my hostile neighbor persia is valuing my luxury 500++.

Ethiophia at one point value my luxury 1000 in medieval era(but he has no gold or anything to trade with thou..)

4. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

I've noticed some of this, and also a more frequent over-evaluation of their own luxuries as well. I wrote that off to attitude... but it wouldn't apply to over-valuing mine.

5. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Warlord

I too have seen some funky stuff happening both with luxury and strategic resources values, like others have said.

Ilteroi, I'm yet to play over the first 100 turns, so I can't report yet on the AI.

6. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

What makes the trade evaluations look like an error is that the same civ will over-value both his and mine -- attitude isn't a factor. In the game I just finished it increased to the point where every trade was at an astronomical level. Interestingly, it all pretty much balanced out.

7. Gamewizard

Gamewizard Chieftain

In my current game Alexander offered 2 luxuries and 11 gpt for 2 horses in the classical era. He is at war with Siam so I assumed he just really desired a couple mounted units.

8. peterw1987

peterw1987 Chieftain

Well, player might think that both high trade in and out value will balance thing out. But actually, it changed how the game goes.
    If you dont want to trade luxury for luxury, you can trade it for huge amount of gold to spend of other things (which is not the case in previous version).
    And you can easily have huge positive modifier from AI by giving them 1 luxury which value to 500++, while in previous version, giving luxury to other civ for free almost have no real impact to diplomacy modifier.

I am not really complaining, just pointing some changes not stated in changelog. If this is intended, I am fine with it.

9. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

No, I don't think I've touched luxury valuation. I did fix a flavor issue with them but that only affect luxuries from mods outside VP.

G

10. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

Without getting into qualitative evaluations, something's very different. Trades went from being surprisingly low value to all-time highs. Something changed somewhere!

11. zeofig

zeofig Chieftain

I've also noticed some weird stuff with resource trading. For instance, Alexander was willing to trade me over 70 gpt for 5 horses in the classical era on immortal. That was the most extreme example, but I've generally noticed the AI offering me a lot more gold than before for whatever resources I have, since the last patch.

12. Funak

Funak Chieftain

That's not really overly extreme. civs starved for strategic resources does sometimes offer you 15 to 20 gpt for a piece of iron, which is sorta understandable. You need cannons to can.

dilophosaur likes this.
  13. dpshw

dpshw Chieftain

installed 4.21 patch and found my interface going full funky mode. cleared cache a few times, deleted & re-installed the game and cleaned various leftover civ5 folders before installing civ again. visual bugs seem to be REALLY resistant to my tries to fix them. any idea what might have gone wrong?

Attached Files:

14. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Bad install. Check you don't installed EUI manually, or have any mods subscribed. Don't run any other mod, at least for the first test.
    Remove cache and any old Vox Populi folder.

Did the mod work for you before this installation?

15. Misaka

Misaka Chieftain

I have this issue, i try to reinstall al civ 5 and mode, and this persist, i send the img, in the map dont have any lexuries, resources or strategir resources. i play with brasil and i make my brasillwood and in the img this appear,

Civ5Screen0016.png Civ5Screen0017.png

16. Funak

Funak Chieftain

I remember someone having this issue ages ago, but I can't remember what they did wrong or how it was eventually resolved.

17. dpshw

dpshw Chieftain

I think I got some 2000+ hours on this mod :)

The issue likely goes back to accidently activating Yaemp mod, which loads a scenario, which apparently in return messes things up. Did not try to reproduce because I didn't want to reinstall a 3rd time that day, but no other mod was reproducible either...

18. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Did the mod work for you before or is it first try?

Then clear cache folders, I believe there is a map folder with cached maps too. If nothing works, save your savegames and make a fresh install.

19. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

This is typically happening when your Civ5 is not up to date. The latest version ends with .279 You can see it at the bottom of the very first screen after you launch the game.

One more thing to note is that in VP resources appear after you research certain techs - you can see which in the tech tree. But I suppose you know this and you have played a little so the resources would have appeared by now already ...

20. bigcat88

bigcat88 Chieftain

Guys, defensive packs works nice? Cause in my current game something strange happens, looks like they are broken....