New Hotfix Version - April 24th (4/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New hotfix inbound (4-20-5). Starting a new thread for visibility. Let's see if we can get this one right.

• Fix for CTD due to team member allocation bug (note: if you were running a game with multiple players on the same team, this hotfix is not for you...stay away! also why?)
  • Fix for happiness tech algorithm, and an adjustment to the tech model top-end (will reduce unhappiness from needs about 30%, estimated)
  • UI fixes from Infixo, including a tooltip timer for forced worker duration (any duration promotion, really).

Savegame compatible, but again, if you had a multi-player-same-team game going, the hotfix won't work and any saves after a CS is created will not work. Sorry! The price of doing business.

Ilteroi working on the fortification stuff, will have a beta for you once he's happy with it.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!XREyiawA!2U-7w5NTQspKqDbd4RYsbu0-_fptROQoRowsyQL6OZM

Cheers and beers,

G

Hey all,

New hotfix inbound (4-20-5). Starting a new thread for visibility. Let's see if we can get this one right.

Savegame compatible, but again, if you had a multi-player-same-team game going, the hotfix won't work and any saves after a CS is created will not work. Sorry! The price of doing business.

Ilteroi working on the fortification stuff, will have a beta for you once he's happy with it.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!XREyiawA!2U-7w5NTQspKqDbd4RYsbu0-_fptROQoRowsyQL6OZM

Cheers and beers,

G
I'll pop open an IPA for that one.

Curious to see what your unhappiness becomes after hotfix. Hoping it resolves what you all are seeing (or at least gets it started).

G

Load worked despite a CS being there. 33 Happiness rather than -2, so seems like it's going to be good for me at least. What's weird is Luxuries say they give me 1 happiness (which might be true), I have 317 pop, and it says if I want more from a luxury, I need 315 pop.

Load worked despite a CS being there. 33 Happiness rather than -2, so seems like it's going to be good for me at least. What's weird is Luxuries say they give me 1 happiness (which might be true), I have 317 pop, and it says if I want more from a luxury, I need 315 pop.

that's weird. toss me a save.

Hey all,

I assume this means 'created by revolt,' yeah?

UI fixes from Infixo, including a tooltip timer for forced worker duration (any duration promotion, really).

Well now, that's some quick turnaround. Ask and ye shall receive, eh? Y'all are awesome as always, @Gazebo and @Infixo.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows though, but maybe those AIs just dun goofed. France has -11 (I took a city, but 20 turns ago, then one revolted - I didn't cripple them, not really), Japan -17 despite being seemingly healthy otherwise, Siam 6 (recalled to life so who cares), Russia with a few wonders who's a potential primary competitor 11. I regret giving her those 5 resources now, she'd be less comfortable. Current logs if you wish to take a look, they are of only 2 turns because it's late. It's way better than what it used to be, however.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    203.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
It's not all sunshine and rainbows though, but maybe those AIs just dun goofed. France has -11 (I took a city, but 20 turns ago, then one revolted - I didn't cripple them, not really), Japan -17 despite being seemingly healthy otherwise, Siam 6 (recalled to life so who cares), Russia with a few wonders who's a potential primary competitor 11. I regret giving her those 5 resources now, she'd be less comfortable. Current logs if you wish to take a look, they are of only 2 turns because it's late. It's way better than what it used to be, however.

If they were already in the hole it can be hard to dig out sometimes. A few revolts will sort things.

Curious to see what your unhappiness becomes after hotfix. Hoping it resolves what you all are seeing (or at least gets it started).

G
I'm in the classical period in my game and happiness seems OK so far. (oval-huge-king-epic)

Only played early game hard to tell yet.

I had one early science snowball AI, at 20 techs when others (me included) were on like 12-14 civ but thats maybe to be expected of:
babylon
with progress
and godess of wisdom
possibly caravan fed from neighbour marocco.

(he went a weird direction in tech not going for literacy so he missed glib, will try to stomp as hard as I can before he have knights)

Only played early game hard to tell yet.

I had one early science snowball AI, at 20 techs when others (me included) were on like 12-14 civ but thats maybe to be expected of:
babylon
with progress
and godess of wisdom
possibly caravan fed from neighbour marocco.

(he went a weird direction in tech not going for literacy so he missed glib, will try to stomp as hard as I can before he have knights)

Yeah, he's always really ahead early on, but I'm always able to catch him up. If you can get any trade routes to him, it'll be like a turbo boost.

Hotfix for unhappiness aside, In my current game I have so much balance between civs and it's legit. Other than Rome at the bottom (partially because he's had 3 cities revolt pre-hotfix), everyone basically has the same amount of techs and policies give or take 1 or 2, regardless of the gap in scores. Even England, my vassal who is second last in score, is almost on par with the rest of the field.

The Wikipedia for civ 5 should be updated and have a link to this forum. It does specify "community patch" already but is missing the reference URL. Just a thought I had since we're approaching final version.

• UI fixes from Infixo, including a tooltip timer for forced worker duration (any duration promotion, really).
Oo that sounds snazzy. Will it know about promotions from events which have expiration timers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom