New IGN feature (July 5, 2007)

Algan

Insert witty phrase here
IGN

IGN has posted a new feature about the new historical scenarios. New screenshots are also included.

Also IGN had this to say:
We'll be back in the coming weeks to take a closer look at the remaining scenarios, which feature either a futuristic or fantasy setting.

There's been quite a hubbub over the inclusion of Charlemagne as leader of the Holy Roman Empire in the standard game, but this scenario makes things a little more understandable.

I'm assuming some people from IGN lurk here. :lol:

Interesting information all in all.

I like the bits about needing specific buildings to build specific units.

EDIT : Link is poorly typed. Here's the fixed link : http://pc.ign.com/articles/801/801206p1.html

Thanks.

I'm looking forward to the WWII scenario. In general the scenarios look more interesting than the warlords. Civ defense doesn't looks a bit boring and it seems that crossroads is only their to display corporations instead of a grand war scenario.:sad: The raiders in crossroads reminds me very much of the viking scenario in warlords.

IGN said:
interestingly, you will need specific factories to produce specific types of units so you'll need to plan your infrastructure carefully.

What's even cooler is that you can actually order air strikes specifically against these production buildings.

This sounds great! :)

Crossroads unfortunately sounds like it will have a very limited lifespan. A bit one dimensional, and Gods of Old too. I hope Broken star has a bit more depth, but I'm not so optimistic about these scenarios now.

WWII on the other hand sounds better and better.

I was initially supportive of the WWII scenario regarding the nazi content at first, but I'm really not satisfied with this solution... I'd rather that they just abstracted the whole thing and just used country names rather than leaders with flags as leaderhead graphics... I'm sure that at least some of the leaderheads will be flags since they won't have leaderhead graphics for all players, which is annoying if you have some with actual leaderheads and some not. I don't like the prospect of such inconsistency which I see they're already using in the Charlemagne scenario. I'd rather that they just made a portrait of Charlemagne and left out his animated head altogether in the scenario if the others aren't going to have animated leaderheads.

I mean, over all the scenarios sound interesting. At the end of the day, how it plays is what should really matter... but since I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, I can't really say anythiing about that. But what I see gives me pause.

I was initially supportive of the WWII scenario regarding the nazi content at first, but I'm really not satisfied with this solution... I'd rather that they just abstracted the whole thing and just used country names rather than leaders with flags as leaderhead graphics... I'm sure that at least some of the leaderheads will be flags since they won't have leaderhead graphics for all players, which is annoying if you have some with actual leaderheads and some not. I don't like the prospect of such inconsistency which I see they're already using in the Charlemagne scenario. I'd rather that they just made a portrait of Charlemagne and left out his animated head altogether in the scenario if the others aren't going to have animated leaderheads.

I mean, over all the scenarios sound interesting. At the end of the day, how it plays is what should really matter... but since I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet, I can't really say anythiing about that. But what I see gives me pause.

All leaderheads in RtW are animated. There's no static or flags.

Top Bottom