New IGN info (May 23, 2007)

mrbee

IGN
Hey kids,

We just posted another feature from Alex. In this one he discusses the big changes to the core game. There are some new shots of the units, scenarios, and leaders. The leaders are Oranje and Suleiman.

IGN Civ4:BTS Feature

Enjoy!

yeah finally more information, does anyone know what civ Oranje will be a leader for? other than that it looks awesome

:drool:

looks good!

i found this section in the article... "There are colonies splitting from their motherland to form new civilizations. "

this might mean civil wars and revolutions!

woohoo!!!

I see arablast elephants!! I think that means there is a South asian civ.

I see arablast elephants!! I think that means there is a South asian civ.

are you... wow, i didn't think of that!!! if there is... if there is a southeast asian civ, it would either be Thailand, the Khmer, or... hehe... my homeland and good ol' 'Nam!

Looks like some of the new informations are:
- There are on-map ocean trade routes that enhance the importance of your navy.
- There are colonies splitting from their motherland to form new civilizations.
- Spies can also influence foreign affairs by spreading their civilization's culture into their target city
- [about spies] coercing their target leader to switch civics or state religions!
- the Apostolic Palace. This is a Wonder tied to the state religion of the player who built it. Depending on the influence of the palace's religion on their civilization, players get votes to cast on decrees like holy wars, trade embargos, or peace enforcement

@cybrxkhan
Hehe... Actually that's just because I was reading this wiki on elephant tatics the other day,
"The archery evolved into more advanced weapons, and several Khmer and Indian kings have utilized giant crossbow platforms (similar to the Ballista) to fire long armor piercing shafts to kill other enemy War Elephants and chariots/cavalry. The late 1500s also saw the use of culverin on elephants, but the onset of gunpowder made the large and relatively slow war elephants obsolete." from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_elephant .

And I was thinking what a great civ unit that would make. I guess the civ team was thinking the same thing!

@Bakuel

we viets aren't as well known for using elephants... and i'm not even sure if we used the canon-mounted elephants or huge ballista mounted elephants, but i'm pretty sure we owned those little mongol riders with our elephants...

but that, i must agree, is the most awesome unit i've seen...

also, judging from the other screenshots of the units, i see a Babylonian Bowman, a Sumerian (Enkidu?) Warrior, possibly a Byzantine Cataphract/Katapractoi... so if my assumptions are correct, we can assume that Sumer, Byzantium, and some southeast asian civ are in the game!

I'm intrigued at the mention of sea trade-routes that must be protected. That could make a navy serve a valuable purpose.

What language (or, to quote a Dutch friend quoting a famous countryman, disease of the throat) has a word like "Oranje"? Of course it's the Netherlands.

Wow this X-pack is looking very good.

From the screenshot, looks like we can drop in paratrooper to take a city. This is pretty awesome, we can now bomb the city with bombers, attack and kill all defending units with helicopter, and then drop in paratrooper to take the city. This will speed up my conquest quite a bit, as right now I usually kill defending units with helicopter but have to wait for tanks to take over the city.

Hey kids,

We just posted another feature from Alex. In this one he discusses the big changes to the core game. There are some new shots of the units, scenarios, and leaders. The leaders are Oranje and Suleiman.

IGN Civ4:BTS Feature

Enjoy!

Sorry man for being a dick but.......... Why would you say "Hey kids"?
Maybe you should of said......hey dudes or bros or something like that. What us civ players are little children?:mad: j/k

Hey mrbee,

I'm not sure if you are allowed to answer any questions or not yet, but would it be possible to tell us if Sitting Bull is the leader of the Sioux, or of a generic Native American?

If you can't divulge info yet I understand, but I feel many people would appreciate a clarification with this situation. Thanks.

Really, Titus, I think mrbee is well aware that there are 70- and 80-year-olds who play Civ. ;) It's just an affectionate greeting.

Suleiman must be an extra leader for the Ottoman which leaves just three more extra leaders of existing Civs.

Lincoln was always a given but I never really expected the Celts and the Ottoman to get new leaders.

I wonder what Suleiman's traits will be? I already consider the Ottomans under Mehmed to be one of the best Civs in the game.

Top Bottom