1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New IGN info (May 23, 2007)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mrbee, May 23, 2007.

1. bds

bds Warlord

Im guessing it was just a demonstration of the new modding capabilities, as in being able to have different looking units for different civs without them actually being any different.

2. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

Well, the Babylonian Bowman looks like it was lifted directly from Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, so there's a good chance they're all new. You could be right about the others, though.

3. mrbee

mrbee IGN

Yeah, those are definitely Cataphracts.

4. mice

mice Moose

In the leader graphic of the possible Willen van Oranje the light coming in the window from the left, and the map on the wall are IMO a homage or reference to Vermeer ( dutch painter), and that is a nice touch I think.

Apart from that , visible trade routes :eek: , and blockading I'm sure. It means if you want to have big big trade route income , and war, you will have to spend a lot of hammers on a navy. It will be a hammers for commerce decision at the time.

5. winddbourne

winddbourne Prince

Looking good. I'm really waiting to hear a LOT more about this espionage system though. To be worth a loss in science rate it's gotta be pretty fantastic and have a lot more options than they have listed here.

6. Lucky The Fox

Lucky The Fox Prince

Visible trade routes? Colonies declaring independence? How many more amazing features can they still reveal before the release?

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Deity

It might not matter whether it's worth it for you; the AIs may choose it and it may be very effective for them (and annoying for you).

8. bds

bds Warlord

It would be worthwhile for any warmonger... or any small civs, i find that i can usually expand out till my science is running at 50%, the espionage system sounds like it would give small civs a chance at effecting larger civs.

9. Olleus

Olleus Deity

10. bds

bds Warlord

No, i think its pretty obvious their not. The mech looks to be the upgrade for mech infantry and the mobile fortress looks to be the upgrade for modern armor.

11. LAnkou

LAnkou Breizh A Tao

i think the "cataphract" is the new Cuirassier Unit... there's another screenshot with this unit but with some changes (black instead of green)

black cuirassier

12. Lucky The Fox

Lucky The Fox Prince

They look too medieval to be cuirassiers though.

13. Doomed_UK

Doomed_UK Warlord

Arrrgh!

Not futeristic units in the standard game!

Please?

14. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

The new units look cool but I think the parachute texture is too low res. Btw is that "dirt" terrain in the spy picture new?

15. bds

bds Warlord

Down with the haters :mad::lol:

16. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

17. icemanjsg

icemanjsg Warlord

You haven't played the game yet, Seems a little presumptuous. I remember comments like this with Warlords. Lets just look at the expansion if you can even call it that! Folks are already acting like this expansion is the best thing since slice bread when they haven't even played it yet!

18. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

Believe me, I never said it with Warlords and I didn't buy Warlords until several months after its release - and only then because I saw it going cheap on Direct2Drive! But BtS sounds to be totally awesome. In another thread I raised the point about Civ3 Conquests and how Firaxis left it buggy and unfinished to go and work on Civ4 instead. I said that I hope the same thing doesn't happen this time round. I'm sure it won't ;)

19. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Posted wrong link, I meant this picture.

20. bds

bds Warlord

I was refering to the same picture, i am hoping its a future era, not just scenario... if not then i'll simply mod it in myself.