New IGN info (May 23, 2007)

Sorry. I meant to say, "I wonder what those OTHER units are for, though," i.e. the mounted units in the lower right. They look like sort of Middle Ages or late Ancient armored knights, even cataphracts... which makes me wonder if this is from a scenario.
Im guessing it was just a demonstration of the new modding capabilities, as in being able to have different looking units for different civs without them actually being any different.

Well, the Babylonian Bowman looks like it was lifted directly from Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, so there's a good chance they're all new. You could be right about the others, though.

In the leader graphic of the possible Willen van Oranje the light coming in the window from the left, and the map on the wall are IMO a homage or reference to Vermeer ( dutch painter), and that is a nice touch I think.

Apart from that , visible trade routes :eek: , and blockading I'm sure. It means if you want to have big big trade route income , and war, you will have to spend a lot of hammers on a navy. It will be a hammers for commerce decision at the time.

Looking good. I'm really waiting to hear a LOT more about this espionage system though. To be worth a loss in science rate it's gotta be pretty fantastic and have a lot more options than they have listed here.

Looking good. I'm really waiting to hear a LOT more about this espionage system though. To be worth a loss in science rate it's gotta be pretty fantastic and have a lot more options than they have listed here.

It might not matter whether it's worth it for you; the AIs may choose it and it may be very effective for them (and annoying for you).

It might not matter whether it's worth it for you; the AIs may choose it and it may be very effective for them (and annoying for you).
It would be worthwhile for any warmonger... or any small civs, i find that i can usually expand out till my science is running at 50%, the espionage system sounds like it would give small civs a chance at effecting larger civs.

Firaxis have really taken on board almost all of the concerns of the Civ community. It is really quite unprecedented. I almost feel part of the Civ-making process, Firaxis have taken to heart so many of all our demands for the series.

Civ has become a true labour of love for thousands of people.

This is great news.

:)

You haven't played the game yet, Seems a little presumptuous. I remember comments like this with Warlords. Lets just look at the expansion if you can even call it that! Folks are already acting like this expansion is the best thing since slice bread when they haven't even played it yet!

You haven't played the game yet, Seems a little presumptuous. I remember comments like this with Warlords. Lets just look at the expansion if you can even call it that! Folks are already acting like this expansion is the best thing since slice bread when they haven't even played it yet!

Believe me, I never said it with Warlords and I didn't buy Warlords until several months after its release - and only then because I saw it going cheap on Direct2Drive! But BtS sounds to be totally awesome. In another thread I raised the point about Civ3 Conquests and how Firaxis left it buggy and unfinished to go and work on Civ4 instead. I said that I hope the same thing doesn't happen this time round. I'm sure it won't ;)

No, i think its pretty obvious their not. The mech looks to be the upgrade for mech infantry and the mobile fortress looks to be the upgrade for modern armor.

Posted wrong link, I meant this picture.

Top Bottom