New IGN info (May 23, 2007)

Byzantium is interesting... Not greek, not roman, unique in its culture and history. But we're gonna miss two of these ones because of its fault:
Brazil
Israel
Hatti
Sumer
Austria
Assyria
Ethiopia
Venezuela
Transvaal Republic
South Africa
And a few more

I bet the remaining civs are those from Civ3 .

- Summarians
- Byzantines
- Hitties
- Maya
- Dutch
- Portugese

Poland will be the new one !! I would really like to see some ancient civs !!!

The new info on corporations is great! Are they using real corporate names? I know General Mills exists, so does that constitute brand placement? I can't wait to do some "hostile takeovers".

Poland will be the new one !! I would really like to see some ancient civs !!!

Isn't ironic that an expansion focused on Modern times has so many ancient leaders?

I think all the units placed in the pics, the elephant and warriors and stuff are uu's because the new scenarios are renaissance and later, and secondly even if you say that they can fit into a renaissance scenario those units would be way to esoteric to fit in one.

RE: the corportation names, somebody also mentioned McDonalds in an article.

RE: Byzantium, Justinian is confirmed in, so this all but ensures Byzantium is in.

RE: the corportation names, somebody also mentioned McDonalds in an article.

it seemed to me a metaphor, we already know that some of the corporations name are fancy.The article was written also by someone which hadn't played civ4 considering that he says Tokugawa as a new leader.

Very true. It says "on the scale of McDonalds and Microsoft." But then, they could still be in. :D

McDonalds Corp. Founded when you discover Drive-Thru Burgers.
Function: -10 health in all cities, +25% lawsuits ("You burned us with hot coffee!")

Very true. It says "on the scale of McDonalds and Microsoft." But then, they could still be in. :D

McDonalds Corp. Founded when you discover Drive-Thru Burgers.
Function: -10 health in all cities, +25% lawsuits ("You burned us with hot coffee!")

Hmmm i would add a +1 happy faces if you have cow and +100% war weariness "Why go to war if we can have Mcmenu" while decreasing health modifier to -3

The guy with the gun that looks like Douglas MacArthur is, in fact, a modern era warlord. In Civ 3 it looked like Patton... now it's MacArthur... go figure.

Hail Call to Power. Definitely the trade routes were a lot of fun although trying to find where your route was broken was often a challenge.
Other superior (IMHO) facets of CTP were space battles, true satellites, ocean tunnels, true interception in air battles (if your bomber crossed over a site where an AA unit had range it fired on your plane).

Actually now that I talk about it I need to find that disc!

I'm not very happy with Byzantines being confirmed but i'm just gonna have to live with it.

So Austria, Ethiopia and Poland are the only major ones left.

(Siam is likely to be in as the elephants were SE Asian).

And i think the ME is to crowded and adding Hittites and Sumeria would be stupid. Babylon was a major one, So there in for a reason.

I have never understood why people would be opposed to having more civs in (unless they're some kind of minor tribe somewhere, which would not qualify as a civilized society). Personally, I think the more choices the better. I can understand people being mad at civs left out (see signature of above poster), but at being included? I never quite got it. Let 'em put in 47 civs if necessary. Variety can be fun.

Civilizations require leaderheads, UUs, UBs and balancing. All of that takes time, and what takes time takes money. Thats money which could be spent on real game features, like corporation, espionage, ect... What I don't understand is why people care so much about which civs are in? I always spend the first few games playing with civs that I like the history of, but then I grow sinical and look at the traits, UUs and UBs. I might be fascinated by Rome and think that Boudiccae was a pest living in a back water province on the edge of the world, but you bet I'm going to be playing with her, specialy in MP.

The new info on corporations is great! Are they using real corporate names? I know General Mills exists, so does that constitute brand placement?.

That's a good question--is it brand placement, use-by-permission, or violation of intellectual property?

Top Bottom