1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Info about SDK release (Jan 25 2017)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by DrDraker, Jan 25, 2017.

1. DrDraker

DrDraker Chieftain

Hi everyone.

As many of you i was getting tired of waiting for the SDK. So i created a support ticked at 2K.

Here is the conversation:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi.
      Im a HUGE fan ov the Civ series and firaxis and 2k in general. But now you are close to making a big misstake. RELEASE the SDK before all modders move on to other games. Ive been scanning the forums (2k, CivFanatics, etc etc) and EVERYONE says the same thing. If the SDK wont get released soon (and by soon i dont mean a month, i mean this or next week. We want to be able to mod. And you promised that this was the most moddable Civ yet. Please dont destroy this wonderful game. Yours truly DrDraker.

• Chris. Today at 11:12
      Hello DrDraker.

Thank you for taking the time to contact 2K Support, and for your interest in the newest installment of the popular Sid Meier's franchise; Civilization VI! We always appreciate hearing from our dedicated fans from all our titles.

I understand that you wish for content sooner. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a direct date nor confirmation for your request. Please be patient until the official released is published. As soon as that information will be available, our players will be the first to know. I suggest that you keep an eye on our @2K and @2KSupport Twitter pages for any updates.

Furthermore, to ensure your voice is properly heard though, might I suggest you pay a visit over to either our Official 2K Forums or the ever informative community over at Civ Fanatics. Feel free to share your hype there!

These sites help connect the community together and provide a superior platform for fan suggestions and feedback regarding Civ VI as well as the rest of Sid's beloved titles.

That being said, should you ever have additional questions or concerns related to any of our 2K titles, please do not hesitate to contact us at any point and an agent would be more than happy to assist!

Always remember; Just...one...more...turn....

Best regards,

Chris.
      2K Support
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So please players and modders have patience and dont give up.

Yours truly

DrDraker

2. chillbaka1

chillbaka1 Chieftain

lol, here's what "Chris" actually typed out himself.

Then he put it in the same generic email that they send everyone. To be honest, the whole thing sounds like its probably an automated reply sent whenever the keyword "SDK release" is found. But thanks for trying.

Usama84 likes this.
  3. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

This is what I thought too. If you keep replying however, you'll get a full original answer after a few times.

4. Lynnes

Lynnes King

me reading the topic: :woohoo:

me clicking on it: :bowdown:

me reading the first post: :twitch:

5. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

I think you mis-spelled the word "NO" as "NEW" in the thread title. ;)

I think everyone is getting a bit over-excited about modders leaving and not returning. As and when working tools are released plenty of modders will be wanting to use them even if some have been doing other things for a bit. That said, it would be nice to see them soon.

Usama84, ww2commander and Shiggs713 like this.
  6. Mackinz

Mackinz Chieftain

7. DrDraker

DrDraker Chieftain

interessting...

8. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Their answer is like the "soon" you use with young children when they
    ask you when you will be taking them to see Star Wars.

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

In fact they've been very careful to avoid the word "soon" since release.

So I still have no clue if it will take weeks, months or years to get the SDK, there is nothing news I'm afraid.

10. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

It's funny... now every time that I hear or see that word, I hear it in Pedro Pony's voice. Parents would understand!!!

Anyway, I have been chopping at the bit for the mod tools and world builder. I can't stand the default map scripts and the secret world builder is too much of a pain to work with. I really hope that they have an external world builder like they did with Civ V. I still haven't even completed a game of Civ yet. The closest that I came, I reached the information age, but then they released the Fall patch. I also need to add more (better) city-states... like Troy! That is assuming that they are easy to do like they were in Civ V.

Oh well, Spring semester starts tomorrow, so I will be busy over the next few months as it is.

11. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

You can also use Seven05's Detalied Worlds map scripts. Great improvements imo.