New info coming Monday 9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely a developer update since both of the previous developer updates came out on Mondays. Looking forward to it!

What, about two weeks before release of the next DLC?

They should at least hint to the new civs before the first looks though. Of course I won't mind if they announce them right away either.

So much new stuff coming! Although the new leader artwork is inconsistent. Did they fire the previous modeler/animator/art director? The new leader icons have more of a matte finish and different lightning compared to the vanilla ones. Same with the new Diplomatic Quarter icon in the civic tree. Anyone noticed? I'm not a big fan of inconsistent graphics

I will gladly sit through another vid of Anton attempting humour if the reward is the names of the two September Update Civs.

If not, plz skip forward to Tuesday for the first look pl0x..x

So much new stuff coming! Although the new leader artwork is inconsistent. Did they fire the previous modeler/animator/art director? The new leader icons have more of a matte finish and different lightning compared to the vanilla ones. Same with the new Diplomatic Quarter icon in the civic tree. Anyone noticed? I'm not a big fan of inconsistent graphics
Agreed. They look like something a modder put up on the workshop.

Yeah, I hope they throw us a bone and at least announce the names of the two civs. They don't even have to explain the abilities or who the leaders are; they can save that for the first looks. But at least give us the names so we can have fun discussing and speculating what they will be like.

Yeah, I hope they throw us a bone and at least announce the names of the two civs. They don't even have to explain the abilities or who the leaders are; they can save that for the first looks. But at least give us the names so we can have fun discussing and speculating what they will be like.
I'd rather they give a few hints and let the speculation continue a few days longer based on the new info. I love to see how the fanatics can turn one little thing into a hundred posts in no time. :p

I'd rather they give a few hints and let the speculation continue a few days longer based on the new info. I love to see how the fanatics can turn one little thing into a hundred posts in no time. :p
Even if they only announce the names of the civs the speculation here will definitely continue. :p

I’m sure the new content will be good, but I’m really struggling to get all that excited.

The new Civs are bound to be excellent. So far, I think NFP has added some of the most interesting Civs / Leaders the game has had. The new Wonders will be good too, probably no more than 2 or 3 as @Eagle Pursuit has said elsewhere. But that’s plenty.

But the Game Mode is likely to be fairly slight / shallow, just like the others have been, and it’s unlikely there will be much of a patch (and the patch changes so far have been in the right direction but pretty conservative / light touch). So, I doubt this DLC is going to really change things up much.

One thing I am sure of:
one of the leaders will be female.

So Theodora, Zenobia or Semiramis.

Any hope for ideologies and/or corporations? Late game really needs some flesh on the bones.

The upcoming game mode needs either of the two main expansions to be playable. That means it will likely affect governors/loyalty like the secret societies game mode (same requirements). It is also the only upcoming game mode with this requirement.

As the secret societies already look like a prototype implementation of ideologies (global governors giving benefits, diplomatic bonus/penalty for same societies, boost to alliance level growth for same societies, interface to show other civ's society, etc), my guess is that the upcoming mode is an ideology mode, where you unlock a selection of mutually exclusive special governor promotion trees upon researching the ideology civic.

My guess is that the new wonders are related to the tier 3 governments as well.

My guess is that the new wonders are related to the tier 3 governments as well.
I hope that's not case. I'm not sure what a Fascist or Communist wonder would even be? :shifty:

I'm hoping something along the lines of Statue of Zeus or Notre Dame if it is indeed a Europe-centered DLC.

Hey we might get The Motherland Calls wonder that got cut from Civ V for Communism

No we won't. It's copyrighted (and I'm dead serious). It's also probably why we won't see Louvre (at least the glass pyramid) this time around either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom