1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Leader Heads!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Vietcong, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Vietcong

Vietcong Deity

well i whold like to see this.. a male and female leader head for every civ. like in civ 2 u whold chose a male or female ruler for every civ..

thay allso need to replace or atleast have an opetion {like i said} to chang rulers.. get rid of cathrean!! i whold like to see ether thes to ppl as ruler of russia.. Lenin the great or Stalin the mercifull{ the ppl must make sacrifices as i say} ;D ...... im not kidineg y did thay change him from civ 1!!!!!!!!!! Y!!!!

2. Novaya Havoc

Novaya Havoc Hollerback for Catherine

Uh, because Catherine basically set the standard for Russian euro-culture and art? Because institutions founded by Catherine are some of the most valued tourist attractions that Russia has (the Hermitage)? Becayse Catherine is one of the world's best-known female rulers, and they wanted Civ3 to have some female rulers besides Elizabeth I of England?

Take your pick. At any rate, the Russian monarchy is far more appealing than Russian communism. Communism lasted for less than 100 years; the Romanov dynasty (excluding the other monarch-like princes and lords of the Rus principalities) over 300.

-Ben

3. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator Supporter

And if you *really* want to have other leaders/leaderheads, just have a look in the Creation & Customization forums. They have plenty to choose from! ;)

4. ivory

ivory What 's the big picture?

No doubt everybody would like to be able to choose from "a male and female leader head for every civ", or two, or five. But considering the quality standard that Firaxis have set themselves for animated leaderheads, it would probably mean an increase in the cost of the product, which I am not eager to pay for what is in the end purely cosmetic.
    Good point Novaya, but did you see Vietcong's sig?

5. Vietcong

Vietcong Deity

"the Russian monarchy is far more appealing than Russian communism."

Monarchy is evil!!! just like all that beleve in monarchy!!

Moderator Action: Somehow I get the feeling you are angling into Real World politics here. Do NOT pursue this line. If you want political discussion, visit the Off-Topic forum. --Padma
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

6. Mercenary Gen.

Mercenary Gen. Chieftain

7. nalves

nalves sailing in a NAU

Moderator Action: Leave it alone. Like I told VC above, see the Off-Topic forum for Real World political talk. --Padma
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

8. joycem10

joycem10 Deity

Not challanging her accompishements, but Catherine wasnt even Russian.

She was a German of aristocratic heritage who was married to a highly unpopular tsar (cant remember his name). She instigated a palace coup against him and took the throne for herself.

9. Junkyard_Pope

Junkyard_Pope Chieftain

Wasn't Catherine married to Ivan the Terrible?

Peter the Great should be the ruler of Russia. He got Russia on the path to westernization and achieved a warm water port for St Petersburg. He also reigned in the power of the aristocratic land owners. And he was about 2.1 meters tall, truly "great".

10. joycem10

joycem10 Deity

i believe she was married to Tsar Peter III. Ivan the Terrible was a good couple of centuries prior to Catherine.

Ivan had a good number of wives, the first of whom was named Anastasia.

11. Tiger_Nation

Tiger_Nation Warlord

Communism has not only been going for 100 years Plato was the first communist as far as I know (I have not read Plato's Republic but I am assured that it is effectivlly communist).