1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Leader missing civilization traits

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Imnimo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Imnimo

Imnimo Chieftain

I'm trying to add a new leader for an existing Civ, and I'm having trouble setting up the existing traits. Following the tutorial here:

I'm working on editing the Players table, and have this line:

Code:
    INSERT INTO Players   
            (CivilizationType,                        Portrait,                                PortraitBackground,                            LeaderType,                        LeaderName,                                    LeaderIcon,                                LeaderAbilityName,                                LeaderAbilityDescription,                                    LeaderAbilityIcon,                        CivilizationName,                            CivilizationIcon,                        CivilizationAbilityName,                        CivilizationAbilityDescription,                                CivilizationAbilityIcon)
    VALUES    ('CIVILIZATION_GERMANY',            'LEADER_LEADER_CUSTOM_NEUTRAL.dds',        'LEADER_JOHN_CURTIN_BACKGROUND',        'LEADER_NEM_FERDINAND_II',        'LOC_LEADER_NEM_FERDINAND_II',        'ICON_LEADER_NEM_FERDINAND_II',        'LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_NEM_EDICT_OF_RESTITUTION',    'LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_NEM_EDICT_OF_RESTITUION_DESCRIPTION',        'ICON_LEADER_NEM_FERDINAND_II',        'LOC_CIVILIZATION_GERMANY_NAME',        'ICON_CIVILIZATION_GERMANY',        'LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_IMPERIAL_FREE_CITIES_NAME',        'LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_IMPERIAL_FREE_CITIES_DESCRIPTION',                'ICON_CIVILIZATION_GERMANY');

When I load up a game as this leader, I only have the one trait, Imperial Free Cities. It's not clear to me how to also add the other default German traits, U-Boats and Hansas. Following the example I saw in some other mods, I tried adding them via the PlayerItems table:

Code:
    INSERT INTO PlayerItems   
            (CivilizationType,                    LeaderType,                    Type,                            Icon,                                Name,                                          Description,                                    SortIndex)
    VALUES    ('CIVILIZATION_GERMANY,        'LEADER_NEM_FERDINAND_II',    'UNIT_GERMAN_UBOAT',                'ICON_UNIT_GERMAN_UBOAT',        'LOC_UNIT_GERMAN_UBOAT_NAME',            'LOC_UNIT_GERMAN_UBOAT_DESCRIPTION',            30);

INSERT INTO PlayerItems   
            (CivilizationType,                    LeaderType,                    Type,                            Icon,                                Name,                                          Description,                                    SortIndex)
    VALUES    ('CIVILIZATION_GERMANY,        'LEADER_NEM_FERDINAND_II',    'DISTRICT_HANSA',                'ICON_DISTRICT_HANSA',        'LOC_DISTRICT_HANSA_NAME',            'LOC_DISTRICT_HANSA_DESCRIPTION',            30);

But this didn't seem to work. How do I go about setting up a new leader which keeps all of the base Civ's traits?

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Tables 'Players' and 'PlayerItems' are only for the game set-up screens, must be loaded in an action that is activated in the <FrontEndActions>, and have no actual effect on gameplay.

JFD has a couple of extra leaders for russia. You may want to download his Elizabeth of Russia mod and look in file RussiaElisabeth_GameDefines.sql for defining the in-game data for adding a new leader for an existing civilization. Where he is doing this to assign new leader-traits to his additional leaders you may need instead to simply give your leader the same traits as LEADER_BARBAROSSA is given in the game's Leaders.xml file in addition to anything extra you want to give the new leader.
    Code:
    INSERT INTO LeaderTraits	
    	(LeaderType,			TraitType)
    VALUES	('LEADER_JFD_ELISABETH',	'TRAIT_LEADER_JFD_COURT_MASQUERADES'),
    	('LEADER_JFD_ELISABETH',	'TRAIT_LEADER_BUILDING_JFD_ART_INSTITUTE'),	
    	('LEADER_PETER_GREAT',		'TRAIT_LEADER_UNIT_JFD_PREOBRAZHENSKY');

Imnimo likes this.
  3. Imnimo

Imnimo Chieftain

The only trait that Barbarossa has in Leaders.xml is:

Code:
            <Row LeaderType="LEADER_BARBAROSSA" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_HOLY_ROMAN_EMPEROR"/>

However, in Civilizations.xml, Germany has the traits I'm missing:

Code:
            <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_GERMANY" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_IMPERIAL_FREE_CITIES"/>
            <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_GERMANY" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_DISTRICT_HANSA"/>
            <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_GERMANY" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_UNIT_GERMAN_UBOAT"/>

I tried adding the traits to both my leader and to Germany, and now I see the traits when I'm at the loading screen, but I don't see the traits on the leader selection screen. Do you know if there's a special place I have to reference the traits to get them to show up when you're selecting a leader? Maybe something in FrontEnd?