[R&F] New Leaks (new civ Cree, new alt leader Chandragupta Maurya of India)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the location of the cree city I am guessing some kind of forest advantage?

I totally didn't see a new leader for India coming. RIP alternative Roman Emperor.

After a glance at Chandragupta Maurya's wikipedia, I think he will get a loyalty related UA. The UA definitely will interact with one of the new systems, both to showcase the mechanic and because make sense to give something related to the expansion to an alternative leader.

As for the Cree, it's yet another people that I never heard of but now I'm aware of them because of Civ. Thanks Civ.

I agree that this is probably the final nail in the coffin for Canada. The Frontenac was just a red herring. DLC makes more sense financially anyway.

Scenario inclusion is a possibility, as others have said.

They are not a poor choice for the game nor are they preposterous. Keep the hate fires burning, though. It’ll keep you warm throughout the winter.

Have never been a regional power, let alone a world power. Aren't significant religiously or culturally (yes - Canadian culture is known...but it is again dwafed by that country to the south), or scientifically. Fought in WWII. Then everyone fought in WWII.
Don't get me wrong - I don't mind Canada being included once other more significant and impactful nations have been...but there's quite a few of them to go.

Now this may be the juicy leak we got instead of the wonder video :lol:

I dunno, after the gorgeous Taj video, I was hoping for a great Amundsen vid at night with the Aurora lights and penguins... :(

Have never been a regional power, let alone a world power. Aren't significant religiously or culturally (yes - Canadian culture is known...but it is again dwafed by that country to the south), or scientifically. Fought in WWII. Then everyone fought in WWII.
Don't get me wrong - I don't mind Canada being included once other more significant and impactful nations have been...but there's quite a few of them to go.

We're the Nubia of modern North America. Interesting in our own right, but truly dwarfed in legacy by our neighbour.

It seems a shame to me that I won't get to see a bonus tied to our most important invention, the paint roller.

Is there somewhere where I can look at larger versions of the images? The ones on page 1 of this thread are tiny.

Wow, Isabella isn't coming this expansion then, so yes indeed India is getting a second leader as expected. Also never heard of the Cree before and I'm looking foward to the Cree and the new Alt leader for india.

Pretty hyped actually, I hope we eventually get 1-2 more Native American civs in North America, the Mayans, and the Inca. India and China are the two main civs I felt like really deserved alternate leaders, so that is good.

Well I have to say I never expected this! It's definitely a pleasant surprise that they're finally adding a Native American tribe to the game - long overdue. I can't say I'm terribly bothered about an alternate leader for India, as I haven't got around to even playing as Gandhi yet, but if he has interesting uniques I'm sure I'll give him a go.

In the other thread I confidently stated that I was sure Canada would be added given the presence of Chateau Frontenac but the Cree makes that extremely unlikely now. I guess the Chateau was, as others have said, simply part of the cover art that they hadn't got around to removing. It may yet suggest though that there might be scope for Canada to appear as DLC (assuming they do any, post-expac DLC being somewhat of a thorny issue for compatibility reasons), perhaps as a pack with the Chateau as a wonder and maybe a scenario or map as well. Or there's always the next expac...

I'm pretty surprised so many haven't heard of the Cree, I always thought they were one of the most well known native tribes. Then again we do have a high number of non-north American users so perhaps Westerns aren't as popular overseas :D

Last edited:
All this talk of a Canada civ gives me the thought that at least we have a Canada-related civ that's older than Canada.

Yes, I think the Cree are to Canada what the Aztecs are to Mexico, and (likely) the Inca are to Peru. Rather than depict a country outright, Firaxis showcases the indigenous cultures that significantly contribute to the country's cultural tapestry as a whole.

I'm pretty surprised so many haven't heard of the Cree, I always thought they were one of the most well known native tribes. Then again we do have a high number of non-north American users so perhaps Westerners aren't as popular overseas :D

Same here.

Yes, I think the Cree are to Canada what the Aztecs are to Mexico, and (likely) the Inca are to Peru. Rather than depict a country outright, Firaxis showcases the indigenous cultures that significantly contribute to the country's cultural tapestry as a whole.

That isn't quite true. We know of them and are taught about them in school, but a lot of their culture has been destroyed. Pretty much none of their legacy still survives (save Canadian province/street/city/park names).

The Aztecs left much more behind.

I've heard the word Cree several times before, but I admit I know next to nothing about them. That comes from living in the U.S. and getting a focus on American Native tribes. Especially if you watch miniseries like the West, I don't think the Cree were ever mentioned in that miniseries.

And very happy about the Indian leader. I mainly want this for the integrity of the game. The Gandhi joke is getting a bit old, and he's not a legitimate leader anyways. So I do prefer a more legitimate leader of India. I would be happy if they left Gandhi out of Civ7 all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom