1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] New Leaks (new civ Cree, new alt leader Chandragupta Maurya of India)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by xxhe, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eso12por8

eso12por8 Warlord

Should this be true I would be very thrilled!!

2. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

The Maya's had the bad luck of severe climate change (fertile land became dry for several centuries)
    A devastating volcanic eruption in 535-536 did hit them (I think it was Lake Ilopango in El Salvador), and it's one of the largest, if not the largest, volcanic eruption in at least the last 2000 years, and it brought severe atmospheric disturbations with it. The Maya's really had bad luck, and comparable to the many "falls" of the Egyptian Empire. Of course, they were in a vulnerable location (Egypt is too, cause sooner or later, the Nile will cease flowing once again, just like it did in the past, until the wet Sahara phase returns though man-made climate change will most likely make the Sahara a lot wetter again).

Also, they should have been included. I still want the Inca's, the Mayans and the Muisca. The latter one however is pretty unlikely unfortunately. :( (the only advantage is the TSL map), and i really want a civ for northwest southern america. (South America should have 3-4 civs, Argentina, Brazil, Muisca and Inca (and maybe Tupi/Mapuche/Moche or Colombia but i'd prefer Muisca ofc.)

Guatenadian likes this.
  3. Xefjord

Xefjord Prince

Oh man, I think what I am really hyped for is to hear some atomic era native american jams, what do you all think the cree music will sound like?

nzcamel, Thormodr and earlc like this.
  4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I'm curious as to how they settled on Chandragupta as the alternate. Way back in the run up to the initial release, there was plenty of discussion of who should lead India. I set up this poll: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/who-should-be-leader-of-india.570647/

Ashoka was by far the most popular, with Akbar and Chandragupta Maurya second and third, just ahead of Gandhi.

While he wasn't much ahead of Gandhi in the poll, I suspect his selection will be much less controversial among Civ fans.

5. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I'm curious-- where will Chandragupta's capital be? Will he have a separate city list from Gandhi? Unlike the Greek leaders, the Indian culture and span of history between Chandra and Gandhi's time are so vast that they really are two different civs living on top of the same soil. It will be interesting to see how they treat city names/capitals/etc. with another multiple leader civ.

6. xxhe

xxhe Prince

According to the text in the leaked cover page, the base bonuses of India remain the same.

7. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Well, I assume they skipped Akbar because they didn't want a Mughal leader (perhaps they're considering making the Mughals their own civ) and Ashoka was probably passed over due to his prior appearance in IV.

WillowBrook likes this.
  8. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

Thank god we're finally getting tribes. The new leader for India is pretty cool. I know people have been asking for this for years. But personally, I don't care as much about alternate leaders.

9. ITcore

ITcore Warlord

Woh woh woh. Let's back up a second.

nzcamel, Inawordyes, BenZL43 and 8 others like this.
  10. Phrozen

Phrozen King

Well, the soil the Mayans worked was also pretty poor unlike Egypt which got renewed with rich silt as the Nile flooded. There is a reason why slash and burn agriculture is predominate in jungle areas. It is pretty much the only way to get nutrients into the soil. The things that normally would restore nutrients to the soil either never hit the jungle floor or are consumed before decomposition can restore nutrients.

11. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

America that was more in need of an alternate leader than India.

Ugh :crazyeye:

India has
    1) more history (at least 3000 years long (Indus Valley, Maurya and Mughal to name a few). 300 years ago the USA even didn't exist, and were part of the British empire)
    2) has a lot of interesting leaders (shah jahah, chandragupta maurya, ashoka, akbar and nur jahan) that would offer variety
    3) was one of the weakest civ so they could actually use an indirect buff

I also think that Victoria, Trajan and Theodore Roosevelt were very good choices. I only agree with France, but France, Egypt and India were the most requested civs for alternate leaders.

Thormodr and Guatenadian like this.
  12. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

I would disagree, though it took to 1967 to bring the constitution home, Canada was a de facto independent state in 1931 when the Canadian Supreme Court replaced the British Privy Counsel as the highest legal recourse of the land. And even then I would still say Canada as a state existed in 1867.

CS

13. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Maurya's capital is probably Pataliputra, but I would expect that otherwise the city name list will be the same.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  14. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

Well if that is the case they will have to add Pataliputra to India's City List because it is not there atm

15. Guatenadian

Guatenadian Prince

I assume it would be like the Greek City List, where Pataliputra would just take the spot of Delhi.
    Also Patna which is on the City list is the modern name for Pataliputra.

16. Rup

Rup Warlord

OMG!!!
    As an Indian it made be super happy...at last a good leader for India.And not just a joke.

evanaurora, WillowBrook and Haig like this.
  17. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Very glad it's not Canada. They should have done the same with Australia.

18. luigilime

luigilime Prince

are we sure they are the cree? i can see little tents that say they are a native north american tribe but where is it written they are the cree? they could be anything

19. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

See here:

克里族 = Cree

luigilime likes this.
  20. chronoturner

chronoturner Chieftain

I think Chandragupta Maurya would be an interesting character. He strikes me very much a Cincinattus, and I like that very much. It'd be fun playing as him and seeing his personality.

I think Big Bear would make a good Cree leader, as he resisted against Treaty 6 and in general tried to prevent the fall of the Civilization, as well as apparently being popular, according to Wikipedia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.