New LEGO set: Great Pyramid of Giza

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
lego_pyramid.png

Relevant for all of us wonder builders: LEGO will release a new set in their architecture line - The Great Pyramid of Giza on June 1.
This set contains 1476 pieces, is aimed at an adult audience, and costs 139.99€.
Link: https://www.lego.com/product/great-pyramid-of-giza-21058

There are 3 more relevant LEGO sets already available: The Taj Mahal (2022 pieces, 119.00€), the Statue of Liberty (1685 pieces, 99.99€), and one of the biggest LEGO sets out there, the Colloseum (9036 pieces, 499.99€).

Let's now combine them with the LEGO brickheadz, and we'll have a very civ-style LEGO landscape :D.

View attachment 627560

Relevant for all of us wonder builders: LEGO will release a new set in their architecture line - The Great Pyramid of Giza on June 1.
This set contains 1476 pieces, is aimed at an adult audience, and costs 139.99€.
Link: https://www.lego.com/product/great-pyramid-of-giza-21058

There are 3 more relevant LEGO sets already available: The Taj Mahal (2022 pieces, 119.00€), the Statue of Liberty (1685 pieces, 99.99€), and one of the biggest LEGO sets out there, the Colloseum (9036 pieces, 499.99€).

Let's now combine them with the LEGO brickheadz, and we'll have a very civ-style LEGO landscape :D.

Honest question because outside "This is also in Civ V" I don't see the relevance. Can we quote any news about anything that involves anything that is found in Civ as well? Or is this somehow more Civ VI related than I understand? Hope I don't come across as salty, because I'm just genuinely curious.

Love the brickhead creations shared on this forum btw, wish there was a manual on how to make them because I wouldn't mind having one in my home. Love how this set looks too, but I think it's much too expensive for my taste. Also, agree with wanting to see it on a Hex tile : D

Honest question because outside "This is also in Civ V" I don't see the relevance. Can we quote any news about anything that involves anything that is found in Civ as well? Or is this somehow more Civ VI related than I understand? Hope I don't come across as salty, because I'm just genuinely curious.

TBH: Didn't know where to put it.
I saw it, and thought that probably most civ-fans will be somewhat interested in this combination of world wonders and playing material (not necessarily specifically to LEGO). So I put it on our main page, but then had to decide where to put it in the forum.
We don't have a general civ-related forum (because it probably wouldn't get enough traffic), and then we normally just put stuff in the "general discussion" forum of the latest Civ iteration. Similar to e.g. news articles about the series in general.
Other suggestions are welcome, but I'd really not have a better idea.

TBH: Didn't know where to put it.
I saw it, and thought that probably most civ-fans will be somewhat interested in this combination of world wonders and playing material (not necessarily specifically to LEGO). So I put it on our main page, but then had to decide where to put it in the forum.
We don't have a general civ-related forum (because it probably wouldn't get enough traffic), and then we normally just put stuff in the "general discussion" forum of the latest Civ iteration. Similar to e.g. news articles about the series in general.
Other suggestions are welcome, but I'd really not have a better idea.

Nah, I think your reasoning is sound. If we have to specifically cut everything up we wouldn't indeed get a lot of traffic and these things might be missed.

Top Bottom