New Let's Plays

Karl0413

Prince
Yeah, the embargo is lifted. There are some 'regular' articles too.

Yep, do like how the IGN article describes Supremacy:

Over here in Camp Supremacy, we've got your cyborgs, your Terminator-esque death robots, and your networked, brain-uploading, supercomputer hive mind. We also have by far the coolest space helmets.

As I gained more progress toward Supremacy's ultimate goal of sending a personalized Skynet army back to earth to “liberate” the unenlightened meatbags (the culmination of which was, sadly, outside the scope of this demo), it became more and more apparent that I was becoming something very different from my AI neighbors. Utilitarian habitations that looked like they came out of a NASA-themed LEGO set were bulldozed in favor of soaring, geometric towers sculpted from black titanium, radiating a wolf's eye yellow glow that evoked the trillions of interconnected processors within.

My scrappy space marines cast aside the more troublesome elements of their biology to become ominously-monikered Preservers and Overseers. Clad in dark armor with sterile, striking silhouettes, my growing cyborg legions massed on the borders of my increasingly nervous African Union neighbors. In time, they were joined by the wholly-mechanical CNDR walkers, and I took my hands off the keyboard to survey what was soon to be less of a battle and more of a slaughter. I could almost feel the sense of dread surrounding my foe's lower-tech, unevolved, human soldiers.

I had become the bad guy in a sci-fi movie. And it felt awesome.

I had a chance to play 250 turns demo yesterday. But it was limited to about an hour and an half, I was only able to play to 100 turn. I actually tried to win and chose easiest difficulty and quick speed but meh. Maybe I should've just read civilopedia(or what it is called) for whole time lol.
I played localized version and not sure about some terms, so I'll use civ 5 terms instead for them.

Something I noticed

You can't attack other faction's outpost w/o war. I tried moving explorer to outpost then DOW confirmation window came up.
City connections by sea doesn't require tech. But it's continuously interrupted by sea dragons.
You need DOF to trade science. AI offered little sum of energy(1 digit) and 2 energy per turn for 1 science per turn. You actually lose science for this.
Kill a Siege Worm quest reward: 30 science, 135 energy (quick speed)
There's additional bonus for high health. With 10+ health, I got -50 enemy intrigue in my cities and a bonus that I forgot. According to civilopedia, there are 6 levels of health.
There's indeed no 'avoid growth' button in city management.
You cannot build trade units while (not launched)orbital unit is in your city. Quite annoying.
Occupational Hazard - Exterminate reward: I got +12 xp, +1 pop and some food for capital, rather than +25 purity xp.
Network building quest - no maintenance or +1 culture
Recycler- +10% worker rate or +1 food
Another building quest I forgot - +1 expedition for explorers or (a bonus I forgot) - OMG, this is not so helpful... At least I think all those building belongs to T1 stem techs.

I can't say anything about alien aggression.(easiest difficulty) They didn't attack a single time even though I moved my explorer next to alien nest, and cleared it.

I saw Adept Blue station in my game too. It was too far from me and disappeared for other AIs didn't traded with them. (again, easiest difficulty)

Edit: Things that I forgot to write.
AIs were pleased about that I didn't attacked aliens. (besides city bombardment)
Chopping forest takes longer than previous civ games.
AIs were quite good at expanding, even in lowest difficulty.

I had a chance to play 250 turns demo yesterday. But it was limited to about an hour and an half, I was only able to play to 100 turn. I actually tried to win and chose easiest difficulty and quick speed but meh. Maybe I should've just read civilopedia(or what it is called) for whole time lol.
I played localized version and not sure about some terms, so I'll use civ 5 terms instead for them.

Something I noticed

You can't attack other faction's outpost w/o war. I tried moving explorer to outpost then DOW confirmation window came up.
City connections by sea doesn't require tech. But it's continuously interrupted by sea dragons.
You need DOF to trade science. AI offered little sum of energy(1 digit) and 2 energy per turn for 1 science per turn. You actually lose science for this.
Kill a Siege Worm quest reward: 30 science, 135 energy (quick speed)
There's additional bonus for high health. With 10+ health, I got -50 enemy intrigue in my cities and a bonus that I forgot. According to civilopedia, there are 6 levels of health.
There's indeed no 'avoid growth' button in city management.
You cannot build trade units while (not launched)orbital unit is in your city. Quite annoying.
Occupational Hazard - Exterminate reward: I got +12 xp, +1 pop and some food for capital, rather than +25 purity xp.
Network building quest - no maintenance or +1 culture
A building quest I forgot - +10% worker rate or +1 food
Another building quest I forgot - +1 expedition for explorers or (a bonus I forgot) - OMG, this is not so helpful... At least I think all those building belongs to T1 stem techs.

I can't say anything about alien aggression.(easiest difficulty) They didn't attack a single time even though I moved my explorer next to alien nest, and cleared it.

I saw Adept Blue station in my game too. It was too far from me and disappeared for other AIs didn't traded with them. (again, easiest difficulty)

Drat, I thought attacking outposts didn't cause a declaration of war. Either they changed it or the earlier reviewer was confused by outposts and stations.

Drat, I thought attacking outposts didn't cause a declaration of war. Either they changed it or the earlier reviewer was confused by outposts and stations.
Yeah, that's why I tested that. But well, it makes more sense this way. I don't want my outposts to be attacked too.

I like very much that science trading is zero sum.

And free water city connections make planetary survey + continenetal surveyor useful... assuming you need vision for it to count. If you start exploring the water, you get more and more possible city connection routes so it gets harder to block them (unless the sea dragons are right next to the city/exert a zone of blockage)

Yeah, I'd been mislead or misread that too, but either way it makes more sense that Outposts are property of a faction and thus not like Stations. I expect a lot of things will be cleared up before this weekend is over as well.

Yeah, I'd been mislead or misread that too, but either way it makes more sense that Outposts are property of a faction and thus not like Stations. I expect a lot of things will be cleared up before this weekend is over as well.

I agree. The outpost is basically one of your cities (just in an early stage of settlement) with your citizens living in it. It would not make sense that you could attack it without a DoW. Stations are different since they are independent "nations" that simply have a trade relationship with you. So, if someone attacks a station, they are attacking your trading partner but not actually attacking your citizens.

Found an honest-to-goodness three hour long LP on high difficulty by an actual civ fan!

Link to video.
EDIT: Fair warning - don't expect high-level strategy.;)

I had a chance to play 250 turns demo yesterday.

You lucky dog!

But it was limited to about an hour and an half, I was only able to play to 100 turn.

You poor soul!

Thanks for all the tests, ggmoyang! One more question: was it fun?

Argh, all these previews and demos, I feel alternately elated and jealous. :D

Argh, all these previews and demos, I feel alternately elated and jealous. :D

27 days, 13 hours and 3 minutes, than our time will come! :mwaha:

Which overlaps with Maddjin's Livestream :(

Tell me about it, but Maddjin takes priority! :D

Besides, I am sure Gamespot will have a recording up soon after it ends.

This is a lot of information... that 3-hour high-difficulty playthrough... I don't know if I should... :sad:

Well, that's a bit disappointing, but what they originaly intended was probably too easy to abuse by human.

That's awesome ! I was hoping -but honestly not really expecting- there will be some benefit for high health without golden ages.

Thanks for the info :goodjob:.

Top Bottom