New LOTR Unit: Harad Sworsdman (September 11, 2005)

utahjazz7

Deity
Here's a unit requested by egroen for use in the Lord of the Mods. I guess it could be used as an Arab-type unit as well, even though the shield probably isn't accurate. Oh well. Enjoy it, if you want to.

Download.

Good, good, good, everything looks good (but what else is new)
Seriously, great job.

Wow, what a pleasant suprise! I forgot egroen had suggested this. We were too busy fighting about the rest of the Haradrim unit graphics, I guess! :lol:

Nnnnnnnice!!
Like how he adjusts his belt in the fidget. Death and fortify animations are real good too. Excellent work.
Do you think you could trim his beard and swap the shield you used for the Qin warband and just rerender the animations? You know, to get an Asian swordsman?

Bungus said:
Nnnnnnnice!!
Like how he adjusts his belt in the fidget. Death and fortify animations are real good too. Excellent work.
Do you think you could trim his beard and swap the shield you used for the Qin warband and just rerender the animations? You know, to get an Asian swordsman?

Adjusts his belt? Oh. He's supposed to be stretching his back a little bit. Oh well, to each his own.

No, I won't be adjusting this model to make an Asian Sworsdman. ShiroKobbure already sent me a pm asking about this. I adjusted this model tonight to see how it would translate to the Asia Swordsman. I just didn't like the way it looked though. Sorry.

Good job. Nice to see there are still units being made for LotM.

Now, you guys are missing the most obvious 'flavor' use for this unit. . . give him over to the Hittites. The shield looks about right, his head gear kinda sorta looks Parthian-ish, and the sword is good.

I would use him as a Hittite Medieval Infantry or Footman.

Other than that, an excellent Haradrim unit, Utah :goodjob:

Utah, you have really been a big help with LotM.... thank you so much!

Just because I am always interested in seeing what units are based off of, I'll list my source for this unit:

There has been some confusion over who was an easterling and who was a southron which the movies essentially perpetuated. According to Tolkien, this unit is essentially your perfect 3rd age southron... swarthy, with golden and bronze brazen armor. A curved sword and dark red robes (civ color for Harad).

As for the easterlings, they were also swarthy but more squat and barbarian-like with big beards. In other words, just like the most recent easterling Utahjazz created for us.

utahjazz7 said:
Adjusts his belt? Oh. He's supposed to be stretching his back a little bit. Oh well, to each his own.

No, I won't be adjusting this model to make an Asian Sworsdman. ShiroKobbure already sent me a pm asking about this. I adjusted this model tonight to see how it would translate to the Asia Swordsman. I just didn't like the way it looked though. Sorry.
Damn. Well it still makes a fine ottoman or persian, and anybody who points out otherwise can go to hell.

Thanks, it look awesome! :)

Top Bottom