New LOTR Unit: Mounted Rohirrim (November 21, 2004)

utahjazz7

Deity
Here's a unit I made to add to Lord of the Mods. I had sort of wanted to make one for a while, but mounted units are such a pain and take so much longer to render than normal foot units. Anyway, when I saw how popular the mod was in Kinboat's lottery, I figured I'd go ahead and make it now. It might not be the most needed unit for the mod, but it should add some flavor. It's been in the works for almost the last month, and now it's ready to ride!

The animated preview seems to run a little fast. I think the unit looks better in FLICster. Also, there are no sounds in the .ini file. Some people in another thread said that they prefer assigning their own sounds. Perhaps someone would even concider creating some custom sounds for the unit. Who knows? Finally, thanks to Kinboat for supplying his mongolian model, which I used for the base figure, and the the LOTM team for their suggestions and advice. Enjoy, everyone.

Download.

AWESOME!!!!

Great unit indeed! Makes me want to see the LOTM mod finished with a plethora of such units!

Beautiful unit. It will make a nice Norse-flavored mounted raider as well. It has a nice, solid, iimposing presence. Ever considered doing mounted versions of the main characters, Gandalf, Theoden, etc?

Wow... However did you get that out of my Mogolians :D Excellent as always.

Great work Utah, thank you very much for making this unit, it is very much appreciated :)!
:goodjob:

WOW! Great work utah, congrats. I am SO using this for my epic mod...

Top Bottom