New LOTR Unit: Rohan Royal Guard

utahjazz7

Deity
This is a unit for Rohan, made specifically for the LOTR mod; therefore, there are no civ-specific markings. If you wish to use the unit outside of the LOTR mod, I suggest giving it to a civilization that has dark green or maroon as its civ-specific color . . . the Celts, perhaps.

Download.

YAY!!! This goes straight into the FE mod :D

TUBULAR

wow i sound like a dork (get out of the 80s Dictator!)

This one looks very good :)

Holy cow your fast utah! :worship: I hope someday I can do that as well.

:)

Great unit !:goodjob:

Continue to offer us great unit like this one, utahjazz ! Doesn't matter if they are not civizilation color specific !

:D

He's more than excellent for use with the Celts, or whoever you make green!

Beautiful job utah )

Sounds like a good idea Kindred, let me know if you need a project to work on, I could use some "people-units" help (was that a subtle request or what :D )

Could somebody else do a civ-coloured conversion of this unit? It is too beautiful, sweet, great, kick-@$$ to only allow one single green-colour civ to use it! :D Without a question, it will be in every Middle-Earth mod yet to be made, but it is perfect for a whole range of other real-life applications -- thence my desperate plea for a civ-coloured version! (That is, if utah will allow it to be so altered... :cry:!!!)

I have to say, its a lot easier making a non civ coloured version from a civ coloured version than the other way around.

Anyhow, heres the animations for a civ coloured version of the rohan royal guard. I think it would also make a good unit for the celts, gauls, franks, goths, visigoths etc.. as would the tower guard, though I've tried and found it so far imposible to make a civ coloured version of him.

files; Civ colour

Have fun, and all credit goes to utahjaz for actualy making such a fantastic unit.

Heres a little preview, I think he looks good in red, could even be a cathagian or phonecian unit;

Attachments

• civrohan.gif
    civrohan.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 3,497
I keep thinking of Beowulf when I look at this unit, and Tolkien did borrow a lot from Anglosaxon and Norse cultures when he created the Rohirrim. I think that is plainly visible in this unit, and that he looks very much like a noble from the 6-7th Century England or Scandinavia (Sutton Hoo and the Swedish Vendel age).

Top Bottom