1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Mafia Game - finished 11/11/19 (MAFIA flawless victory)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Takhisis, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Alas, poor Rakkoon, I knew him we...

Erm.

Actually didn't know him at all. My loss.

So, who had reason to kill off Rakkoon?

And why is this bloodthirsty Syns always so hot to lynch someone before the day even gets started?

2. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Someone's gotta start the magic.

3. Timsup2nothin

Magic? Like in wave the vote wand and turn you into a swinging corpse?

4. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

Okay what? You were near the top of my suspicion list for weird behaviour, your buddying up to Tim and being part of the last minute push against Monty in favour of Classical_Hero, who turned out to be completely innocent. But this continued bizarre behaviour of randomly voting for someone even though there are lots of suspicious people in the thread has shot you up to the top of my list of suspects. Vote: Synsensa this just stinks of scum trying to deflect suspicion from one of the more obvious suspects.

I’ll review Rakkoon’s posts later, see if it gives me any insight to who might have wanted him dead. Might change my vote then.

5. Timsup2nothin

I have to say, for the benefit of you regulars here in the mafia world who might not be regulars over in OT, weird behavior is pretty much normal for me so it maybe shouldn't make me an obvious suspect.

Syns voted for me, so I voted for him. That's really normal for me.

TopSecret posted a hilarious typo and I turned it into a vampire joke and switched my vote as a joke. Also really normal for me.

I did think about things though, and the only thing I could come up with that really differentiated among people on the first day was their participation or lack of it.

Monty comes along and suggests my thinking is flawed (which it may have been) and that it makes me a suspect. Anyone who is familiar with me could have predicted how that would turn out. Switch vote to Monty and launch full scale assault. Even if he was innocent I wouldn't have felt terribly bad at seeing him swing.

But my thinking apparently wasn't too badly flawed, because a general acceptance of it lead to, in the end, hanging the guy who had nothing to say, with another guy who had nothing to say a close second...with me spouting off pretty much constantly. Which again is normal for me.

Monty kept playing all the way to the final bell, and even though I still think he's a good suspect I respect that so I switched to CH. Out of the two people who hadn't said anything he, honestly, is someone I've not gotten along with well in the past so hanging him appealed more than hanging the other silent bob did. Really, bottom line, I have little patience for silent bobs in any game, including this one, so it was a given that I'd vote to hang one of them instead of an active player.

So, a series of just me being me events. Admittedly, I'd still just be me being me if I were part of the hit squad, but there's nothing I can really do about that. The quietly lurking in the corner watching to see who slips up is just not my style. That's why I was wondering if dead townies still win if the townies win. I know I'm always going to draw fire, so I have no expectation of survival, but hopefully the manner of my loudmouthed death will reveal the killers when I die and I am clearly established as a townie.

6. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

So defensive. Not even a vote on you yet! Twitchy. Some might say suspicious. I'm watching you. :scan:

Why? :(

7. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

:popcorn: You are really doing a great job Tim... for now you are just allowing scumbags to hide behind your background noise...

Someone has seen Vote : LordArgon? He has been active on the forums but is remaining worryingly silent...

8. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Vote: Topsecret

LordArgon is a no-show and will hopefully be replaced by Arakhor soon.

Care to elaborate on this? Seems weird.

9. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I'll unvote him as soon as the annoucement is made...

What about you Snerk? What's the reasonning behind your vote? (apart from the obvious "I want him lunched" :yumyum:)

10. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I dunno, gut feeling, reminds me a little of his last game where he was scummy (IIRC). Might change though. Tim is looking a little sweaty.

11. Montmorency

Montmorency Prince

Well, first things first. Is that a confession.

12. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

Oh dear, so two innocent people already dead ...

Okay, so I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, but please let me know if my thoughts are totally off base - this is my first time playing, so I don't have experience with nuances of these conversations.

Rakkoon voted for classical_hero, and both were innocent. I didn't see Rakoon annoying anyone else, so could his murder just be random? Tim, Topsecret (who voted for Rakkoon), and Snerk all made jokes about killing and eating Rakkoon, so were they already targeting him?

JohannaK voted for me (twice!) If he's mafia and wants me dead, couldn't he have used his night murder to dispatch me? I feel confident he's innocent.

Tim and Synsensa each voted for each other, and kept switching votes ... I don't know, but changing your vote a lot seems suspicious to me, like you're trying to sow confusion. Tim especially was pushing hard against Monty, but then later backed off to help murder an innocent. Might he know who the villains are? He also seems to be sort of overcompensating, talking about how innocent he is ... I sort of get a vibe of that kid in the classroom who says "It wasn't me!" when the principal walks in, right?

Csargo wants to vote for support - could this be his way of hoping to protect his fellow mafia? He also told me the fun of the game is killing innocents, but he and Tim really had a dispute about Monty. Csargo says "Monty's the most townie person here", but he thinks killing innocents is the fun of the game? Hmm, I don't know, but I just sort of have this feeling that Tim, Monty, and Csargo were almost overdoing it with trying to make it very publicly known that they're not together.

Right now, my gut feeling is that Tim, Csargo, and Montmorency are the villains. I don't at all feel confident in this, so I'm not ready to lynch any of them.

Vote: Abstain

I'll change my vote later if more evidence shows up.

13. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

I'm starting to second guess my Abstaining at this point ... if mafia can murder people at night, then an innocent dies every day anyway, right? Might be better to at least try to get one of the bad guys, or they'll just slowly pick everyone off.

I'm going to change my vote later, I just don't know to who yet ... I'll need to see what transpires :)

14. topsecret

topsecret Spymaster

Mary, I would use underline or italics. We typically use bold only for votes. It makes counting them easier. :)

Good deduction on not abstaining. It won't get us anywhere. I'd rather you vote for me than no one, because then at least you are voting!

Meh. It's not me. That's my entire defense. :p

Not sure on Tim. I don't see any reason for a vote. At least he used paragraphs on that textwall.

I have never understood these votes. What's more suspicious is when an inactive shows up right before they are eliminated. That's what's shifty to me. Or when they get replaced fast.

I would like to know the reason behind Synsensa's vote, besides magic and/or lunch.

15. LordArgon

LordArgon Warlord

I return. My stupid notification did not notify me.

16. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Someone's got to start the magic. :lol: My immediate vote set off a spirited debate. Now things are interesting.

Speaking of interesting: Unvote: JohannaK.

Vote: MaryKB. I see through the lies of the Jedi the innocent act!

17. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

Thank you TopSecret, I'll make sure not to bold in the future :)

18. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I dunno at least she posted some reads, that's more than most players. But yeah, less bloatin' more votin'!
    And?

19. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

Hmm, Synsensa was on my radar from a few days ago, and my initial thought here is he feels threatened by my mentioning of him ... to me that feels like guilt. He seems to be heavily involved in a lot of the bandwagoning, he's very enthusiastic to vote, and he's already gleefully lynched an innocent.

I'm so sorry, I hate doing this, but vote: Synsensa

20. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

1000% mafia lock on TS for this post. Airtight. No townsman has ever made such a post.

OK so maybe I'm wrong.