New Mafia Game - finished 11/11/19 (MAFIA flawless victory)

Hmm, Synsensa was on my radar from a few days ago, and my initial thought here is he feels threatened by my mentioning of him ... to me that feels like guilt. He seems to be heavily involved in a lot of the bandwagoning, he's very enthusiastic to vote, and he's already gleefully lynched an innocent.

I'm so sorry, I hate doing this, but vote: Synsensa

We are all guilty, Sister Mary. One cannot merely repent in such a lawless realm...

What realm is this anyway? I'd like to register a complaint to our beloved GM on the distinct lack of themeing of this game. I'd like a hat to put on before I start lynching people.

I have never understood these votes. What's more suspicious is when an inactive shows up right before they are eliminated. That's what's shifty to me. Or when they get replaced fast.

I return. My stupid notification did not notify me.

:lol:

There you go, I wanted him to show up, that's as simple as that.

Unvote : LordArgon, Vote: Timsup2nothin. I also found his back up of Montmo (who had just voted him) at best cheap, at worse synchronised.

What realm is this anyway? I'd like to register a complaint to our beloved GM on the distinct lack of themeing of this game. I'd like a hat to put on before I start lynching people.

I like this post.

Tak, I would like a cane, because reading Montmorency made me feel so :old:

:lol:

There you go, I wanted him to show up, that's as simple as that.

Unvote : LordArgon, Vote: Timsup2nothin. I also found his back up of Montmo (who had just voted him) at best cheap, at worse synchronised.

Syn-chronised, you say?

Oh dear, so two innocent people already dead ...

Okay, so I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, but please let me know if my thoughts are totally off base - this is my first time playing, so I don't have experience with nuances of these conversations.

Rakkoon voted for classical_hero, and both were innocent. I didn't see Rakoon annoying anyone else, so could his murder just be random? Tim, Topsecret (who voted for Rakkoon), and Snerk all made jokes about killing and eating Rakkoon, so were they already targeting him?

JohannaK voted for me (twice!) If he's mafia and wants me dead, couldn't he have used his night murder to dispatch me? I feel confident he's innocent.

Tim and Synsensa each voted for each other, and kept switching votes ... I don't know, but changing your vote a lot seems suspicious to me, like you're trying to sow confusion. Tim especially was pushing hard against Monty, but then later backed off to help murder an innocent. Might he know who the villains are? He also seems to be sort of overcompensating, talking about how innocent he is ... I sort of get a vibe of that kid in the classroom who says "It wasn't me!" when the principal walks in, right?

Csargo wants to vote for support - could this be his way of hoping to protect his fellow mafia? He also told me the fun of the game is killing innocents, but he and Tim really had a dispute about Monty. Csargo says "Monty's the most townie person here", but he thinks killing innocents is the fun of the game? Hmm, I don't know, but I just sort of have this feeling that Tim, Monty, and Csargo were almost overdoing it with trying to make it very publicly known that they're not together.

Right now, my gut feeling is that Tim, Csargo, and Montmorency are the villains. I don't at all feel confident in this, so I'm not ready to lynch any of them.

Vote: Abstain

I'll change my vote later if more evidence shows up.

Me saying killing innocents is the fun of the game was a tongue in cheek statement. Thought it was fairly obvious it was said in jest. You're basically always going to lynch innocents, it is inevitable.

Me saying killing innocents is the fun of the game was a tongue in cheek statement. Thought it was fairly obvious it was said in jest. You're basically always going to lynch innocents, it is inevitable.
Okay thank you, lol I'm still figuring some things out here :)

I still feel that Tim-Monty-You triangle thing yesterday looks suspicious :shifty:

Rakkoon has accepted to stay on as a possible replacement so please do not share information with him.

*also hands cane to RRRaskolnikov*

*is pleased by deserved praise and munches on cookie benevolently before Snerk can snatch it out of his hand, and then hopes, like all GMs, that people will post more but not enough so that tallying the votes will be a hassle*

I shall vote for Timsup2nothin since I doubt that he lives up to his name.

Alrighty, if we are gonna survive and win this game as a town, we gotta get discussing. And moving.

Basically, we need some magic AND lunch. ;) (Tak, my vote is at the bottom of this "mega" post.)

Let's see where we are at with different players, at least as far as I feel. (You all want my opinion, right?) Time for a short read list early in the game.

Players:

INNOCENT
topsecret

Duh. I'm innocent. :p Can I really trust anyone else? :scared:

LEAN TOWN
I lean town on these people, but I've been known to be wrong... yeah, pretty much every time.

NinjaCow64
Being involved. Nothing seems to be making me feel suspicious. I feel like if Ninja were mafia, other mafia would come along to push the Synsensa vote. My two cents.

Snerk
Feels involved. That can be a bad sign, but my feelings don't say it is. So base your trust in this read based on how much you trust my feelings. :lol:

NO CLUE
No real opinion yet. Need some more insights or others' insight. This list is from least suspected to slightly suspected.

choxorn
Chox being chox. :dunno: Do you have any insights?

JohannaK
Been quiet so far on Day 2. What's up, JohannaK? We know you don't want Synsensa to vote for you. Any other ideas?

Montmorency
When I was a baddie last game, Mont was my partner. To be honest, he feels like he is playing different. I can't really tell. You could refer to last game's thread if you were resolved to compare meta.

MaryKB
Been acting innocent. Will probably turn out to either kill us all as mafia or have a super-power role for the town. I really have no clue how to read her. :p

Timsup2nothin
He's said a lot. I can't really tell one way or the other. I usually get my perceptions about people by seeing who they want to take out. (In mafia, but also otherwise in life. :D) What do you think Tim? Who should we lynch?

Synsensa
A player, who has done things, and generally promoted magic. Any ideas on what's going on, Synsensa? Who's looking guilty?

RRRaskolnikov
I feel like you were uninvolved, then really involved recently. Can't tell. What do you think of others besides Tim and inactives?

LEAN MAFIA
These are leans, not solid evidence. Yet I am willing to suspect all of you. You're shifty. :shifty:

Csargo
You give me a bad feeling. That's pretty much it. No evidence... you just feel shaky. This is the invert of my Snerk-read, I suppose.

LordArgon
Lazy vote. Shows up late. Generally inactive. This vote's trying to push toward a Tim lynch. Don't like the vote. I ain't 100%, but I will put my money where my mouth is:

vote: LordArgon

That's all I got for now. Will be hanging around to ask more questions, etc.

How does mafia work? Can both (?) pick someone to kill at night? If Argon was called out for inactivity by the GM, can he really be mafia, since the mafia killed someone during night phase?

I've only played large-group Town of Salem games a couple times. In those, mafia actions were done by a boss, and the other mafiosos were reserves to take over. I think? If my memory is right?

Counting on people to have a sense of humor may be an error. I seem to have stirred up suspicion by commenting on TopSecret's lunch typo, which I thought was hilarious.

Synsensa's "gee, how do the inner workings of the mafia go?" is about ten times more suspicious than my asking if dead townies get to boast about a townie victory.

It seems a valid Q when there's nothing in the OP about roles. Like is there a medic? A detective? Special, unique roles? I just know there's an undetermined number of mafia and they can do some murder at night.

It seems a valid Q when there's nothing in the OP about roles. Like is there a medic? A detective? Special, unique roles? I just know there's an undetermined number of mafia and they can do some murder at night.

The experienced players are tossing around trios of names as if three is a given, I'm guessing based on game size. No mention of these roles seems a likely indication that there aren't any.

Right now, my gut feeling is that Tim, Csargo, and Montmorency are the villains. I don't at all feel confident in this, so I'm not ready to lynch any of them.

Vote: Abstain

I'll change my vote later if more evidence shows up.

This seems legit.

He also seems to be sort of overcompensating, talking about how innocent he is ... I sort of get a vibe of that kid in the classroom who says "It wasn't me!" when the principal walks in, right?

This is known as "Wine in Front of Me."

I just sort of have this feeling that Tim, Monty, and Csargo were almost overdoing it with trying to make it very publicly known that they're not together.

This is known as distancing.

As general points:

JohannaK voted for me (twice!) If he's mafia and wants me dead, couldn't he have used his night murder to dispatch me? I feel confident he's innocent.

Remember there's only one kill per night in this game. Can't kill everyone at once.

I don't know, but changing your vote a lot seems suspicious to me, like you're trying to sow confusion.

Not necessarily. Under different conditions people could change their votes 10 or 20 times in a round. Since a couple of switches are not disproportionate for the player base and activity level here, focus on the associations.

Tak, I would like a cane, because reading Montmorency made me feel so :old:

Why?

I feel like to say I'm scum every game we play together. So not a confession, but a joyous exclamation of you continuing that tradition.

Haven't I been right on you most of the time? Just not in the 2018 Org minis (I checked).

It's troubling also that you would say I'm the towniest player, yet it doesn't matter to you whether I die.

Vote: Csargo

I'm pretty sure this is standard vanilla.

Top Bottom