1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Mafia Game - finished 11/11/19 (MAFIA flawless victory)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Takhisis, Sep 21, 2019.

1. MaryKB

MaryKB Crazy Spider Lady Supporter

I have no idea who I should vote for
    I'm still suspicious of you two being a team ... first you pretend to vote for each other, then you both change your votes late to eliminate classical_hero, and then you both try to lynch poor Csargo. Could his "labeling you a conspirator" just be his ruse so we don't suspect you're in on it together?

2. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Could be! Question is... could you hurt your sweet pea? :(

3. Montmorency

Montmorency Warlord

Is that a confession?

TALLY
    Csargo (3): Tim, Montmorency, NinjaCow
    Tim (2): Synsensa, Raskolnikov
    Choxorn (1): Snerk

4. Synsensa

A confession to voting for Tim, yes. I thought he and I had established a robust friendship and he betrayed me. :'(

5. MaryKB

MaryKB Crazy Spider Lady Supporter

Very likely! (NOT!)

I still think you two voted for each other right away to make it look like you're not on the same mafia team (of course you both changed later!), and now you're just voting for him because you've been called on it.

I'm watching you :scan:

(still can't hang my sweet pea though, but I'm not entirely decided on Tim yet, he did threaten he'd rob my bank :p)

6. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

I'm gonna go on Synsensa for now. Mary is really really suspicious and her vote alone justifies a vote for either her or Csargo. For the same reason I did not pile on Tim, I shall not pile on C.

7. Csargo

Csargo Warlord

Pile on friend, the more the merrier.

Vote: Timsup2nothin

8. JohannaK

Exactly.

9. Csargo

Csargo Warlord

Actually, unvote:, Vote: Choxorn

10. Snerk

Snerk Finger Lickin' Good

I feel like we might be barking up the wrong tree here.

Any thoughts on a Monty-JohannaK scum duo?

I guess the night kill pick seems a little odd for that but could easily just be WIFOM.

11. Synsensa

You can get on me anytime, friend.

hello i am smol boy, what does WIFOM mean?

12. Snerk

13. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

When am I ever not keeping low?

Wine In Front Of Me. It's a reference to the scene in Princess Bride where Vizzini is trying to figure out which goblet was poisoned by the Dread Pirate Roberts:

Vizzini: But it's so simple! All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Basically it's when someone does something that you wouldn't expect them to do if they're mafia, but what if they are mafia and that's just what they want you to think?

14. Synsensa

In Mafia no one knows you're a psychological mastermind.

15. Snerk

Oh I've seen you tango with the rest of em. Perhaps with a little encouragement from the cleaver..

Who do you want to lynch and why?

16. choxorn

I can be more active than this sometimes, but other times, like right now, I lack the free time to do that.

Not really sure. Need to think about it more.

17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I see no evidences in voting pattern

18. JohannaK

Obviously I dont see it, but you have a vested interest in ignoring my thoughts on the matter. Snerk does, at least.

19. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

In Mafia, they very likely aren't a psychological mastermind.

All I am looking for is a situation where people say "okay, so we lynched Tim and he turned out to be a townie, so that means...<some sort of definite conclusions.>" As of right now the only person I can see that we can learn something from lynching is Csargo. If he's innocent we learn that I'm totally wrong, at the very least, and probably deserve to get lynched next. If he's guilty we will see some of these people who voted for him trying to change their tune and save him...lookin' at you Monty...so we will have at least one more solid lead and the mafia will probably be terminally broken.

20. choxorn

I read through the thread and it keeps looking to me like the mafia team has some combination of Timsup2nothin and Synsensa in it, just from their weirdish behavior and sudden vote changes to Csargo or classical hero at the end of the last two days. Some of it could be written off as them just being new, but that certainly doesn't exclude them from being mafia. Some of their posts asking questions about things strike me as they're trying to say "look at me I'm townie and clueless" or something like that, and also sometimes they post things acting like they aren't actually all that clueless or know more than I'd expect of a first-time player, like Tim saying "my normal behavior is weird" or a post or two about activity levels, where what they're saying feels a little weird or forced in the surrounding context of the other posts or is suggestive that their thoughts are being influenced by out-of-thread communication (that is to say, the mafia teamchat)

TL;DR: Tim and Syn are weird in general, weird towards each other, weird with their last-second vote switches for seemingly little reason, and sometimes post like they know too much. They're probably scummates.

Vote: Timsup2nothin