1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[New Main Menu] Static Image

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by C.Roland, Jun 24, 2006.

1. C.Roland

C.Roland FFH Art team member

A really simple but really usefull modification.

I only deleted the earth, cloud, cityglow, atmosphere, space, etc... of the main menu and replace it with a plane, so you can now have a plane Image for your mod's background.

In the zip there are 2 model, one with only the title and the plane and an other with the sun light. I made this background for FFHII and I did a version with the sun because it look good with the angel falling from heaven of the FFHII's BackGround.

Even in the version without the sunglow, the title become "darker" and "lighter". If you want a static title you'll have to edit CivTitle.dds and make it all transparent with alphachannel and add your custom title dirrect in the carre.dds

The only two dds that you have to modifi is carre.dds (the BG picture) and the title dds.

Here a preview :

Download :

2. Very nice Roland, this will save tons of time for new mod makers. :thumbsup:

3. woodelf

woodelf Bard Retired Moderator

Nice work Roland.

4. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Yes indeed very useful, :) thx:goodjob:

5. NeverMind

NeverMind Proud to be Russian

Very useful, indeed! Thanks for your work, С.Roland :goodjob:

6. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Thx m8 very useful :)
    I wasn wonderin how to delate earth :) and you make it a lot of easier now thx :)

7. Filivs Terrae

Filivs Terrae Chieftain

I looked high and low on here, but still haven't found a tutorial for editing the menu screens... so I'm left with several questions.

After several attempts I managed to get it to display on startup (now just for the editing...) ... but I was using the FFH2 as an example and I'm totally perplexed... where exactly IS the information for the menu screen stored on that mod anyways?? It doesnt seem to be in the usual location?

8. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

In general the information is in XML\Art\Civ4MainMenuInfos.xml. This then references to CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml, where the 3D .nif file is linked.
    In the .nif file is then the image, which should be displayed, linked.

That's how it is for BtS, it should be the same for FfH2.

9. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

He might have a problem locating the .nif-file in questions. If so, it's because it's packed up in the .fpk.

If that's the case, grab the PakBuild tool and unpak the Pak0.fpk file in the FfH2 directory.

Cheers, LT.

10. Filivs Terrae

Filivs Terrae Chieftain

Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies.

In fact, that's exactly where it was! Can't believe I didn't see it, but I someone else helped me find it when I was asking a very closely related question...

Either way thank you both!!