Hex Conquer (Borders Only)

usadefcon1

Prince
I have modified Matviyko Rozumiyko's "Hex Conquer and Release" so that units conquer enemy territory if:

- The enemy territory borders your territory
- Enemy units are NOT adjacent to the territory
- Only units on land (not embarked) can capture, however adjacent sea hexes can also be captured
- Territory adjacent to cites cannot be captured

Unzip the File and place it into your MODS folder. Feel free to edit it. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Hex Conquer (Borders Only).zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 604
It's a very interesting mod, however, my concern is that AI probably can't take the new mechanic into consideration.

I have modified Matviyko Rozumiyko's "Hex Conquer and Release" so that units conquer enemy territory if:

- The enemy territory borders your territory
- Enemy units are NOT adjacent to the territory
- Only units on land (not embarked) can capture, however adjacent sea hexes can also be captured
- Territory adjacent to cites cannot be captured

Unzip the File and place it into your MODS folder. Feel free to edit it. Enjoy.

This thread probably belongs in the Mods Repository subforum.

It's a very interesting mod, however, my concern is that AI probably can't take the new mechanic into consideration.

The AI isn't specifically designed to take advantage of it, but because the territory swings are limited to the frontlines it ends up happening naturally.

This thread probably belongs in the Mods Repository subforum.

Apparently one does not simply walk into Mordor or move a thread... I can't find the option anywhere.

i've been playing with the original for years... the AI's deficiencies aren't particularly noticeable.

That said, you're right, the AI doesn't consider this feature, BUT its playstyle is very well-suited to it... in my own playstyle, i tend to turtle in cities against the deity ai initial attack wave(s)... unmodded, i can do this ad infinitum and never push forward unless i need to conquer a city.. with this mod I lose tiles against AI and must counter attack to regain lost plots before peacing out.

Very occasionally, the AI will peace out when its in a position to easily regain tiles, but not very often in my experience. It also tends to shorten many resource deals as their corresponding tiles are traded between civs.. this may be the most significant issue, but its not game-breaking... already happens in VP or vanilla when a city is conquered, here just more often

limiting it to adjacent territory largely eliminates where it was exploitable: crossing oceans to capture otherwise out-of-reach tiles and be able to heal in "friendly" territory far from home...

@usadefcon1: iirc you had also mentioned you were looking into linking tile capture to warscore in some way? i scanned the code here quickly but didn't see it; guessing it didn't work? great update to this mod nonetheless

Last edited:
@usadefcon1: iirc you had also mentioned you were looking into linking tile capture to warscore in some way? i scanned the code here quickly but didn't see it; guessing it didn't work? great update to this mod nonetheless

The warscore was beyond my LUA expertise of basically trial and error :shifty:

i don't think there's a hook for it, unfortunately..

would be nice to have, as well as a way to increase/decrease diplo approach/attitude of a civ via lua, for mods like this

:scan:

I played a bunch with this version of hex conquer, and though it does what it sets out to do (ie limiting captures to adjacent tiles), I miss some of the original features, and I noticed this version throws lua errors as it tries to call the old functions no longer present (though it doesn't seem to matter).

Because of how the original mod reassigns plots between cities more frequently than either vanilla or VP intended, there was a potentially game-breaking if somewhat rare circumstance that, when capturing tiles near tightly packed, razing cities, a player could revert large amounts of owned tiles to unowned and cripple otherwise well-established nearby cities that had leveled up their culture very high and already expended their tile claiming capacity.

Anyway, I took a shot at creating the updated version I wanted to pair with VP, and have attached it to this post. This should work much closer to the original, though still limiting captures only to adjacent-to-owned tiles, with the exception of any of the former special city and citadel mechanisms. The original actually had everything built-in already for adjacent-only captures (albeit with citadels and cities remaining as exceptions), so I turned that on, excluded recon and siege from capturing tiles, made fort-captures require occupying the tile directly, and added one or two functions to handle razing cities.

Attachments

• Hex Conquer VP (v 4).civ5mod
    7.6 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
I played a bunch with this version of hex conquer, and though it does what it sets out to do (ie limiting captures to adjacent tiles), I miss some of the original features, and I noticed this version throws lua errors as it tries to call the old functions no longer present (though it doesn't seem to matter).

Because of how the original mod reassigns plots between cities more frequently than either vanilla or VP intended, there was a potentially game-breaking if somewhat rare circumstance that, when capturing tiles near tightly packed, razing cities, a player could revert large amounts of owned tiles to unowned and cripple otherwise well-established nearby cities that had leveled up their culture very high and already expended their tile claiming capacity.

Anyway, I took a shot at creating the updated version I wanted to pair with VP, and have attached it to this post. This should work much closer to the original, though still limiting captures only to adjacent-to-owned tiles, with the exception of any of the former special city and citadel mechanisms. The original actually had everything built-in already for adjacent-only captures (albeit with citadels and cities remaining as exceptions), so I turned that on, excluded recon and siege from capturing tiles, made fort-captures require occupying the tile directly, and added one or two functions to handle razing cities.
I've had my eye on this mod for a long time, so I'll take your word for it that this is the "improved", improved version that I should use if I want to begin trying/using this mod?

I've had my eye on this mod for a long time, so I'll take your word for it that this is the "improved", improved version that I should use if I want to begin trying/using this mod?

i suppose all three versions work well enough... the flaw i mentioned with razing cities is maybe not game-ending, though the effect can be profound and a defacto insta-loss for the victim civs (say if a late game capital loses all surrounding tiles), and even sometimes can harm the winning, razing civ when things really get mixed around a lot.. that said you could probably play many games and never notice it if you are not a warmonger, or a city razer.

usadefcon's version breaks it down to its most basic function, allowing of adjacent capture only.. the code works well enough if all a little rough around the edges, its probably the most subtle effect of the bunch, though iirc razing issues remain possible

the update i made went back to the original and modded it further, using functionality now available in the VP dll, that wasn't available when the original was made. the most important change works this way: when you end turn with a razing city that has reached 1 pop, that city will attempt to "shed" all of its plots to other cities that can still work them, prioritizing own cities then friends then neutral then warring civs etc.. so tiles only revert to unowned if there are no cities within 3 tiles.. if the city is liberated on this last turn of razing, after the razing player ends turn, the mod's default tile mechanisms take over again and things proceed as normal, though its possible that some tiles get flipped to neutral cities on this last turn and taken out of the war. Also the mod's original functions will no longer reassign plots to a city that is being razed.

Ultimately this isn't perfect as it diminishes even the vanilla effect of razing and a creative player could probably find a way to add many plots to a city by purposely getting their satellites razed somehow, but this can be solved via war to some extent whereas you can't easily get back tiles that change back to unowned.. even though this is the most substantial code change, you won't really notice it unless you really look for it, and/or raze a lot of cities.

The most noticeable difference between mine and usadefcon's is that in mine putting a unit in an enemy citadel will capture it and all adjacent tiles (with some exceptions if a citadel is directly next to a city). The most noticeable difference between mine and original is that in mine you can only capture tiles that are already adjacent to tiles you own, except citadels/cities. The choice is somewhat subjective though I suppose, as each work well enough and apply the mechanism slightly differently.

Last edited:
i suppose all three versions work well enough... the flaw i mentioned with razing cities is maybe not game-ending, though the effect can be profound and a defacto insta-loss for the victim civs (say if a late game capital loses all surrounding tiles), and even sometimes can harm the winning, razing civ when things really get mixed around a lot.. that said you could probably play many games and never notice it if you are not a warmonger, or a city razer.

usadefcon's version breaks it down to its most basic function, allowing of adjacent capture only.. the code works well enough if all a little rough around the edges, its probably the most subtle effect of the bunch, though iirc razing issues remain possible

the update i made went back to the original and modded it further, using functionality now available in the VP dll, that wasn't available when the original was made. the most important change works this way: when you end turn with a razing city that has reached 1 pop, that city will attempt to "shed" all of its plots to other cities that can still work them, prioritizing own cities then friends then neutral then warring civs etc.. so tiles only revert to unowned if there are no cities within 3 tiles.. if the city is liberated on this last turn of razing, after the razing player ends turn, the mod's default tile mechanisms take over again and things proceed as normal, though its possible that some tiles get flipped to neutral cities on this last turn and taken out of the war...

Ultimately this isn't perfect as it diminishes even the vanilla effect of razing and a creative player could probably find a way to add many plots to a city by purposely getting their satellites razed somehow, but this can be solved via war to some extent whereas you can't easily get back tiles that change back to unowned.. even though this is the most substantial code change, you won't really notice it unless you really look for it, and/or raze a lot of cities.

The most noticeable difference between mine and usadefcon's is that in mine putting a unit in an enemy citadel will capture it and all adjacent tiles (with some exceptions if a citadel is directly next to a city). The most noticeable difference between mine and original is that in mine you can only capture tiles that are already adjacent to tiles you own, except citadels/cities. The choice is somewhat subjective though I suppose, as each work well enough and apply the mechanism slightly differently.
A very helpful breakdown, thank you again! I played through about 150+ turns (your version) last night with great enjoyment. Everything seemed to work as expected, and I was able to test out the dynamics - it adds such a cool element to the game! The Maya and Babylon declared a joint-war on me while I was already repelling jags+eagles from Monty, so it was a great test to see how much more threatening being attacked (on multiple fronts while your land can regress) can be. I was worried, and this was only on King difficulty - a great sign! Watching the land unfold over the next 50 turns was awesome, and as mentioned, the AI naturally utilizes the mod well. I peaced out with Monty just in time to hold against Babylon (who was the only one with a tech lead over me, approaching with knights); Artemis + comp bow spam saved me. Meanwhile, I had the majority of the iron, and used my long/swordsmen to push toward the Mayan capital, my true target and first priority. By the time peace came, I had lost a bit of land to my north bordering the Aztec/Babylon, but I'd actually gained crucial ground surrounding Palanque + Uxmal (which I needed to capture for a CS quest). I waited the 10 turns and then declared on Pacal, proceeding to raze Uxmal so I could see how the mod functions with razing. Everything during my peace-outs / razing went smoothly regarding plot reassessment, and there was even a notification(s) letting me know what occurred, so I'm very please with this mod and it's features that I'll most likely be keeping in my game from now on.

One thing I'll point out: I was coincidentally using America and realized they're uniquely affected by this mod due to having their kit revolve around buying lots of tiles... Tiles that may now easily be lost during a war, regardless of if you hold the defending city itself. On the flip side, buying these tiles may also put an American player at a positional advantage to claim opponents land, if they're able to strike first and move in, so it goes both ways. Just thought it was a cool extra risk/reward element concerning George.

Last question(s), but does the citadel capture feature extend to AI as well? So an invading AI unit could hop into one of my citadels and capture it + all surrounding land? I assume they don't realize this and will continue to just pillage citadels as that's what they're programed to do? Not a big deal, just curious, and if that's the only other "fault" then so be it. Also, does any of this mod's functionality apply to CS? If the CS of Vancouver has a lux that I want, can I declare on them and take land from them without having to capture the city?

yes, citadel works both ways iirc the capture aspect doesn't matter if it gets pillaged, though you're right that sometimes the AI will pillage it and then immediately flip the plot as it proceeds to next turn, significantly mitigating an otherwise advantageous plot flip... sometimes too (albeit rarely) it will move into citadel and mysteriously not pillage it, and is now rewarded for this blunder.. what i've found as well, when i manage to get into an AI citadel i am often enough not sure if i'll survive to next turn, and will similarly pillage the tile even where I end up flipping it... slight advantage to human overall but theres enough parity for my tastes.

Could tweak it so a citadel repairs on flip to workaround the AI limitation.. i suspect this might actually be net benefit to human though

just a warning, don't leave empty citadels behind your front line once your enemy gets paratroopers online... as you've noticed the AI's otherwise imperfect (at times) positioning tend to confer an unintended benefit with this mod.. from this era onwards citadels truly become a double-edged sword, and i enjoy this dynamic... ie not obsolete but not the super-secure plots they once were

it would likely be simple to make the citadel aspect optional -- I'll consider revising this in if I revisit the lua, as i think it could be abusable by unscrupulous human :p

also yes you can steal land this way from CS, though they can steal it (and more) back just the same way -- again this could be limited with relatively trivial change to lua if desired. I tend to play the continents+ maps so rarely have CS adjacent for such stealing, though i could see how this might be abuseable as well.. ultimately this can be done more permanently in base VP with citadel placement already so didn't seem to be too much of a tilt imo

one thing i'm interested in for anyone using this mod, do yields stay consistent to expectations as tiles are flipped back and forth? an old post from early vanilla days somewhere on these forums suggested that changing ownership of some tiles may skew yields, though I've never been able to confirm this under VP, and speculate it was either misreported, resulted from some other conflict, or has been debugged out somewhere along the way...

Last edited:
I've recently installed the mod. It's a fantastic idea, giving the game way more depth! I've never understood why an advancing army shouldn't annex undefended territory? At first glance it does help the AI at conquest, which makes the game more dynamic. Thanks a lot!! :goodjob:

@Telamthi, is there a way to make it apply to water borders and naval units?

yes -- if you're familiar with civ 5's lua at all it should be relatively trivial to tweak directly via text editor, w/o worrying about the full mod buddy setup: iirc only a small number of lines would need to be modded/added (maybe only one or two code changes even -- though I don't have perfect memory of how it all worked rn; could be a few other spots besides the obvious ones). I may revisit this at some point -- I'd like to get back to a few never-finished/published mod projects, but no promises on when this might be.

In the meantime, can we theorycraft this idea out a little further? I understand your suggestion as just a "straightforward" change so that naval units of any kind capture water tiles via similar rules as land tiles and land units work in my previous version. Would it be better to maybe exclude some (ie submarine), or even restrict this ability to one specific naval unitcombat type (ie melee)? Should a land unit on coast be able to secure adjacent water tiles from naval capture? What about while embarked? Do we foresee any pitfalls or edge cases that extending this function to water might create exploits for?

I am unsure that this will work out as simply as it might appear. AI doesn't necessarily approach water tiles the same as land for unit deployment etc.; while the AI is well-suited to managing its land tiles notwithstanding that its unaware of this mod feature, deficiencies may be a little more glaring at sea. I also wonder if we'd tilt the naval heal ability, and diminish the value of heal promos etc -- this could be mitigated maybe by swapping tiles only when an owned city is close enough to work them, rather than the land ruleset that allows tile capture beyond this range, however I speculate that this kind of city workability check would be a pretty heavy addition to the existing lua tile check, resource wise. I'm guessing there may be a few other concerns like this that could have subtle but profound effect.

Last edited:
It is somewhat odd that the mod would be able to extend borders past the 5 rings a nearby would naturally grow (I think?), but I agree it might cost a lot to check for "city owned by player within 5 tiles". I think that itself would be enough to stop most exploits.

I would be fine with only letting melee units only (for both land and sea) be able to capture tiles; just like how it works for capturing cities. I would restrict land to being able to capture land. Being able to project into the ocean requires a navy, otherwise youre just protecting your land from amphibious invasion. The main issue with this idea is that lake tiles can never be captured, which is probably why adjacent capture was included in the first place, and we'd need to find a fix for it, whether by allowing embarked units to capture or by letting adjacent capture stay. I don't normally think of a group of units in a transport being able to project force, but maybe that would be good enough. What normally happens in the mod to the center of a 3x3 lake after land units have captured the lake adjacent tiles?

Regarding naval healing, the main problem a player needs to solve is when it is trying to assault a city that it doesn't border (island or other continent), and its unit faces a long trip home. In the situation where it can grow its border, its ships already have access to next turn healing if they survive, due to their large movement and presence of its border. I don't think this is an issue of devaluing the promotions.

I don't know about how the AI would approach this. It is true that the large speed of naval units means that it's much less likely that a unit ends it's turn on the border just by happenstance. If you allow embarked units to capture, a carpet of doom would have a better chance to coincidentally cover the border.

On second thought here, I am second guessing some of my own suggestions from last post...

It is somewhat odd that the mod would be able to extend borders past the 5 rings a nearby would naturally grow (I think?), but I agree it might cost a lot to check for "city owned by player within 5 tiles". I think that itself would be enough to stop most exploits.

After reflection, I'm leaning away pretty hard from any city range checks for general capture/release (there is however a range check in v4's handling of razing cities, and tbh this seems to add a pretty heavy/noticeable resource hit already when activated) -- I think the v4 change to capturing tiles adjacent-to-owned-only should be sufficient to reasonably limit exploits, and avoids further tying up resources from this mod.

I would be fine with only letting melee units only (for both land and sea) be able to capture tiles; just like how it works for capturing cities.

I've reflected on this previously, though I had forgotten about this when I posted last in this thread: making the conquer function work on melee-only (for either naval or land) will imo create a niche role for these units, and likely diminish the AI's unintentional good use of this feature despite being unaware of the mod. ie human will know to send melee units specifically to areas where tiles need to be captured, but AI will continue to rely on the VP unit mix w/o any consideration for the mod. I think the current state where most land units are able to capture tiles, is perhaps a key design element that gives the mod a balanced feel; conversely making niche capture roles for only some units may unbalance this dynamic. I am leaning away from melee only captures, to the no-sub-capture for naval (and of course existing v4 change to no recon/siege captures for land).

The main issue with this idea is that lake tiles can never be captured, which is probably why adjacent capture was included in the first place, and we'd need to find a fix for it, whether by allowing embarked units to capture or by letting adjacent capture stay. I don't normally think of a group of units in a transport being able to project force, but maybe that would be good enough. What normally happens in the mod to the center of a 3x3 lake after land units have captured the lake adjacent tiles?

Good point. My memory of the granular details of how this plays out in game with this mod is a little shaky, and I cannot easily test rn (no steam, modbuddy, civ 5 on this pc). I know for sure that current state in both v4 and original mod allows land units that occupy land tile on edge of lake (or ocean for that matter) to capture adjacent tile regardless of whether that tile is water or land (assuming all other checks satisfied). In a 3x3 lake, once all the coastal lake tiles are captured, the center would be subject to the mod's "encirclement" function, and should typically be flipped the next turn. In game, I think I have noticed some oddities with this function that sometimes leave a small pocket of disconnected tiles, but generally encircled plots are reassigned.

There is a lua hook for checking if tile is a lake, though I cant recall if it works completely as expected (some vanilla things in lua have been deprecated by firaxis expansions and/or VP's changes), and even if it does, it will fail when there are lakes that exceed the game's definition of lake (iirc VP assigns any group of contiguous water tiles up to 10 or so as a "lake", whereas a slightly larger group of water tiles are treated same as any ocean tile, even if they appear as more of a lake or inland sea to player). All that said, I think it will be "good enough" to allow land units to capture only land tiles + game definition of lakes, and this can be accomplished with relatively trivial changes to v4 mod.

There is a scenario that comes to mind as I think through what changes this will impart in-game. Consider two warring civs separated by narrow sea of at least 3 width, where naval borders are adjacent but no land borders are. In v4 of this mod, either faction cannot capture any opposing tiles without first capturing city on opposing land mass. Even in case of 2-width sea, a capturing land unit would have to make landfall and successfully survive a turn to create an owned beachhead.

If we change to allow naval units to capture water tiles, capturing tiles on opposing land mass will be much easier again, w/o a city capture first necessarily, as player is able to create a "path" of adjacent tiles in water that will eventually allow land units to start flipping land as soon as they disembark on opposing shore. Is this desireable? I think I personally prefer the v4 dynamic in this regard, as it makes a naval invasion somewhat more onerous on the invader, requiring a successful land offensive before any tile capture.

There are possibilities of limiting naval to capture only ocean, or only coast, etc. -- but each of these likely comes with odd functionality and compromise to the desired effect. Thoughts/comments on this?

Last edited:
On second thought here, I am second guessing some of my own suggestions from last post...

After reflection, I'm leaning away pretty hard from any city range checks for general capture/release (there is however a range check in v4's handling of razing cities, and tbh this seems to add a pretty heavy/noticeable resource hit already when activated) -- I think the v4 change to capturing tiles adjacent-to-owned-only should be sufficient to reasonably limit exploits, and avoids further tying up resources from this mod.
If you feel it's required to limit processing time. It's worth at least testing the resource hit.

I've reflected on this previously, though I had forgotten about this when I posted last in this thread: making the conquer function work on melee-only (for either naval or land) will imo create a niche role for these units, and likely diminish the AI's unintentional good use of this feature despite being unaware of the mod. ie human will know to send melee units specifically to areas where tiles need to be captured, but AI will continue to rely on the VP unit mix w/o any consideration for the mod. I think the current state where most land units are able to capture tiles, is perhaps a key design element that gives the mod a balanced feel; conversely making niche capture roles for only some units may unbalance this dynamic. I am leaning away from melee only captures, to the no-sub-capture for naval (and of course existing v4 change to no recon/siege captures for land).
This is fair.

Good point. My memory of the granular details of how this plays out in game with this mod is a little shaky, and I cannot easily test rn (no steam, modbuddy, civ 5 on this pc). I know for sure that current state in both v4 and original mod allows land units that occupy land tile on edge of lake (or ocean for that matter) to capture adjacent tile regardless of whether that tile is water or land (assuming all other checks satisfied). In a 3x3 lake, once all the coastal lake tiles are captured, the center would be subject to the mod's "encirclement" function, and should typically be flipped the next turn. In game, I think I have noticed some oddities with this function that sometimes leave a small pocket of disconnected tiles, but generally encircled plots are reassigned.

There is a lua hook for checking if tile is a lake, though I cant recall if it works completely as expected (some vanilla things in lua have been deprecated by firaxis expansions and/or VP's changes), and even if it does, it will fail when there are lakes that exceed the game's definition of lake (iirc VP assigns any group of contiguous water tiles up to 10 or so as a "lake", whereas a slightly larger group of water tiles are treated same as any ocean tile, even if they appear as more of a lake or inland sea to player). All that said, I think it will be "good enough" to allow land units to capture only land tiles + game definition of lakes, and this can be accomplished with relatively trivial changes to v4 mod.
I didn't realize there was an encircle function. In that case, I would just remove the "adjacent water tile" capture.

There is a scenario that comes to mind as I think through what changes this will impart in-game. Consider two warring civs separated by narrow sea of at least 3 width, where naval borders are adjacent but no land borders are. In v4 of this mod, either faction cannot capture any opposing tiles without first capturing city on opposing land mass. Even in case of 2-width sea, a capturing land unit would have to make landfall and successfully survive a turn to create an owned beachhead.

If we change to allow naval units to capture water tiles, capturing tiles on opposing land mass will be much easier again, w/o a city capture first necessarily, as player is able to create a "path" of adjacent tiles in water that will eventually allow land units to start flipping land as soon as they disembark on opposing shore. Is this desireable? I think I personally prefer the v4 dynamic in this regard, as it makes a naval invasion somewhat more onerous on the invader, requiring a successful land offensive before any tile capture.

There are possibilities of limiting naval to capture only ocean, or only coast, etc. -- but each of these likely comes with odd functionality and compromise to the desired effect. Thoughts/comments on this?
"Much easier" is relative. You still have to establish a two tile enemy-free zone from the border in order to capture the land tile, right?

If you feel it's required to limit processing time. It's worth at least testing the resource hit.

Consider what is happening now, focusing just on the UnitConquerPlot function in Conquer.lua... roughly speaking, this function loops through all units, checks for valid unit, then for valid plot, then calls checks on all adjacent plots etc. Nevermind the rest for now -- that's 7 plots subject to mostly boolean checks for capturability for each unit.

If we start checking distance to owned city, we add some number up to 7 times per unit that function will loop through all owned cities, get their plot, find the shortest route to plot being checked, count the distance, compare to our distance limit... I'm not so proficient at this that I can intuitively quantify what this will mean to cpu time consumed, and its possible by cleverly placing this behind other plot checks that they might not come into play all that often, but these city loops, pathfinding and distance counts especially strike me as quite a bit heavier than the mostly binary tile data checks being performed in existing state.

Could be wrong, and it wouldn't necessarily be impossible to experiment with, but the change to accomplish this will A) not be trivial and B) this functionality is already regulated by existing tile-return and encirclement functions etc. Will revisit this maybe on some future revision, or leave it to other members of the community interested in adding this aspect.

I didn't realize there was an encircle function. In that case, I would just remove the "adjacent water tile" capture.

okay, just for my own note-taking purposes, or for another ambitious modder picking through this thread: this will require that conquer.lua's ConquerAdjacentPlots function is modified, probably split into separate land and water versions. Should be easily achievable.

"Much easier" is relative. You still have to establish a two tile enemy-free zone from the border in order to capture the land tile, right?

Yes, i understand what you mean here. However whereas in v4 it is not possible at all to conquer plots across an ocean without taking a city first, and in our theorycrafting of v5 it will now be somewhat possible, you could say it is infinitely more possible ie "much easier" :p

I am not that concerned over this however, just curious if anyone reading here has any good ideas to keep the oceans' role as a barrier to tile capture, and somewhat distinct from how things work on land etc. What if naval tile captures were limited to coast only, and not ocean?

Top Bottom