New Model - Moon Robot (3/24/06)

Dual

Gun Mage
This unit was a request from Woodelf for his mod work. It's a generic robot, that can be used as a combat troop or a futuristic worker. If you were into the Transformer toys in the 80's you may find something familiar about the robot's head and colors. I based it a little off of the Transformer named Shockwave. :scan:

No animations yet, but I've been fooling around with them and might update the unit to have them in the future. The polygon count is 1044.

Robot.jpg Robot1.jpg

Attachments

• MOON_ROBOT.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 281
Thanks a ton man. It's perfect for what I was looking for. Can it be skinned as well?

Now you can work on an entire robotic army!

woodelf said:
Thanks a ton man. It's perfect for what I was looking for. Can it be skinned as well?

No problem, that was a fun model to work on. :)

I always make my units with a .dds file, so it can be skinned like the vanilla units.

Now you can work on an entire robotic army!

I haven't tried it yet, but it may be possible to replace parts of the robot with custom models by using the nif viewer from the 3D Max plug-in. If that works, you could build an army from that one model. :D

Dual said:
No problem, that was a fun model to work on. :)

I always make my units with a .dds file, so it can be skinned like the vanilla units.

I haven't tried it yet, but it may be possible to replace parts of the robot with custom models by using the nif viewer from the 3D Max plug-in. If that works, you could build an army from that one model. :D

That's what I was thinking about interchangeable parts. Swap out a head, an arm, the legs for wheels, anything. That would turn this into an almost SMAC type unit builder. :)

Dual - What unit did you define him with? I'll start with a warrior if I don't hear from you....

Dual said:
Yep, warrior would work well. Any land unit really.

Since they're all different....can you post how you got it to work? Warrior didn't work for me, but I had the kfm and shaders in.

edit - By changing to this:

<SHADERNIF/>

It solved it. Thanks, it looks awesome.

Dual - Can you post a bmp version of this model so I can skin it? When I try to convery it with dds converter it craps out....odd.

woodelf said:
Dual - Can you post a bmp version of this model so I can skin it? When I try to convery it with dds converter it craps out....odd.

Here ya go. I use a program called DXTBmp to make all my dds files. I don't know if that is what your problem is or what. But I was able to convert it back just fine using that program.

Attachments

• MOON_ROBOT_128.bmp
    48.1 KB · Views: 264
Thanks Dual. My DDS Converter has been working fine, but some of the newer models cause the program to crash when I select the dds file.

woodelf said:
Thanks Dual. My DDS Converter has been working fine, but some of the newer models cause the program to crash when I select the dds file.

The DDS Converter 2 by chance? Had the same here. For me if a dds file crashed in it, it was a sure telltale the graphics wouldn't show ingame (for instance the moonmod flags).

The DXTbmp works fine on all tho.

Top Bottom