*new* model of the hungarian parliament

cool3a2

Deity
Kész! / Ready!

Wonder movie and button included. I gave it the following properties:
-requires democracy and a palace in the city where you want to build it (-> city has to be the capital)
-cost: 800 :hammers:
-improvments: +10:culture: , +2:gp:
-double production speed with stones

Feel free to make suggestions on this.

I put in <Hungarian>-tags into the civilopedia-files, so it should be compatible with kabcsi's hungarization (but there is no hungarian text, english only...). Other users don't have to care about that. Apropo civilopedia. It could still need some texts in foreign languages (english, spanish, italian... if you play the game in one of these languages the parliament may be displayed as Versailles).

Great Thanks to:
- asioasioasio for his assistance
- charly1977, who's modell of the parliament inspired me
- G Matucza, who made the modell of the parliament of google earth that also inspired me and where asioasioasio got the texture from

I tried to make it larger, but when using a leaf bigger than 4x4 (i.e. 6x6) it didn't show up. Strange, because that worked with vanilla.

Preview:

Downloadlink: click!

I am glad that there is at least one person that likes it... So it was not sinceless to do that modell... Maybe on civ4.hu there will be somebody that helps me, of course there are more people that are interested in this modell. Perhaps I will start there a topic about this, too. If I won't get any positive answers within 2 weeks, I will try that by my own, but to be honest: I don't have any hope to be successful :sad: Please, help me!

Alright, I have done some work on the cupola. Maybe the peak is a bit too thin now. Look the screenie below. I will still have to do some minor work. The model is a bit oblique. You can not see this, but it might be a problem when / if somebody makes a texture for it.

How manyt poligons (triangles) does it have?

The program I made the model with says 8299 Vertices and 16536 faces (I guess the last number is what you wanted to know) with the new cupola. At the moment I make the modell more symetric, I think I will need one more week to finish that. Why do you ask? Are these to much faces? I had no problems adding it to the game, did you have? Or do you want to help me with the texture?

Both :)

Adding just couple heavy models isn't problems from what i notieced. But the problems starts when modification goes further. I have performance problems in 1939 and dropping down polycount of "heavy" models is good start - i have around 20 models that are on the list to redo. One of them is Hungarian Parliament.

I don't promise anything if i would texture it. But i could try - everything depends if i would have time to make it.

The 16536 triangles is imo to much (when i'm making models i try to have good reason to make model with more than 1000 triangles) - it won't help me to get performance.

I like the shape of your building. I could try to:
a) edit your model trying to make it lower poly + add texture.
b) texture your unchanged model but make another much simplified version (of course the simplified version it won't be so detailed like your model)
c) only texture your unchanged model.

I would vote for b)
It would allow users to choose
- better quality version (more perfect and very good for smaller mods)
- better performance version (more simplified and very good for bigger mods)

EDIT

From what i notieced you probably use blender (i might be wrong cause texture is in .dds). I don't know how to work with texture in blencer, but i could give you hint how to work with textures. I use for buildings photographies - i recommend flickr - there's a lot photographies on CC license so you're ok with copyrights. I choose photographies from front, top (top texture i usually take from google earth), side etc - sometimes i need to find some details - google graphics search is good place to search etc. I cut from photographies interesting parts - walls etc and paste it to texture. when all the parts are placed in texture i export it as .dds (in blender is .tga from what i know)

EDIT2
Good job with your first model - don't worry you have problems with texturing - everything needs time - i remmber my first model it was real crap (so i started making KV-1 from begining once again - and this version is uploaded on cfc - i was glad with effect but know i would make this model much better - everything needs time and experience), and yours is well made tough the polycount is high. And i'm glad to see new modelers in forum :)

I am glad to hear that there is somebody that wants to help me! Well, if you say a modell should have around 1000 faces, then we should lower them... I think the main problem is the cupola. There are a lot of faces, man. My suggestion is, that I will finish my work on the modell (make it symetric). I saw some obsolete vertices, too and I could delete them. But this will sincerly not reduce faces to 1/10. After that you can try it if you still want. I suggest to be careful with reducing details. Have a look on charlies modell of the parliament. We had a long discussion about it, but in the and we had no solution to make the big green parts of the roof more decent. Again: I think to focussing on the cupola would be the best. But I don't want to dictate to you. You are an experienced moder, so you will know what you are doing.

BTW1: Should I post the modell in .nif or in an other file type (I mean: for you to make further changes on it).

BTW2: I don't really work with blender. I made the modell with MED, that's the modell editor of 3D Gamestudio. After that I convert it to TrueSpace format (osc or something like that). In TrueSpace I convert it again. Then open it in blender to convert it to nif. That's complicated, I know. I could left the step with TrueSpace, but I can't switch to uv mode in blender then and this would mean that I couldn't convert it to nif successful. Blenders interface is to complicated for me, so I use MED which is easier to use but not that powerful as Blender.

OK you can edit if of course - and coupola and hidden parts is what i would start from.

About the file format - i have problem with importing .nif files exported from blender - if you could make it for example in .3ds (it's common format) it would be great - you may not care about uv unwrap - i would this after i make texture (always in this order - first making texture later uvw unwrap)

you can upload it on cfc or send to
asiox3 (a) yahoo.com
of course without spaces and with @ instead (a)

Thx :)

EDIT :)

I checked the model in nifviewer and iot shows it has only 1782 triangles - it's good number for such complex model - if you could drop to 1400 triangles (or even more) it will be great :)

EDIT2

@ Avain
You're from Budapest :p do you have camera - could you make some photographies if i would lack some (especially from interior yards)?

@ Avain
You're from Budapest :p do you have camera - could you make some photographies if i would lack some (especially from interior yards)?

Great news that it's you to pick up this project!
In fact, I have some pics of the parliament, but I can get them only tomorrow. (not too many, but might come useful)

Until that, I did search for a couple of pics, please check this download:
http://files.filefront.com/Parlamentrar/;8893634;/fileinfo.html

Thanks once more!:bowdown:

Awsome thx avain :)

I wait now cool3a2 for model (somehow i can't import nif exported from blender) and i could start to work

EDIT
ok i imported it

I finished my work on it and sent it to asioasioasio yesterday.

@asioasioaso: I had problems when importing the 3ds directly to blender. Only object mode was available, which means that I couldn't make a bunch of changes to it (including textures). However, in TrueSpace 2 there seemed to be no troubles. Tell me if you get troubles with it, I can try to export it with truespace then. I didn't do this yet, because I had problems with that after reimporting it into MED. Every Vertex, and with this every face, got at least tribbled. So there were 3 or 4 parliaments in one. That's why I thought I let you trying out this 3ds-version at first.

Hi folks, pls let me know when sg is counts as a result of this - the WoC project would be interested in it for the Hungarian Civ

And me too (being Hungarian and from Budapest) :)

In a couple of days it should be done :)

What's WoC?

Model is ready (It'll be uploaded witm modular .xml so wait just a bit more)

And me and cool3a2 had edit model to have 1000 triangles :)

Yeah scale problems - i don't know if it's possible to make Leaf bigger than 4

Top Bottom