Tanelorn

Deity
Current WIP:

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 484
Can we have a hint?

Northern Scotland during the Ice Age when sea level was much lower?

@Bugman's brewery?
There it goes.
Sites noted with glacier.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Tanelorn Warhammer Map Alpha.rar
    10.5 KB · Views: 101
Well, the map is now out there, if you want to beat me to the punch. ;)
Btw, which seven factions would you like to see as playable civs?

@McMonkey: Well I am having Loren forest as impassable terrain (jungle) and Chaos as playable instead...
I am thinking of a combination of Empire garissoned cities in Kislev (barbarian) -as in Carolus Invictissimus- and something like that in the south with Bretonnia to free up to two more civ slots to make room for Vampires and Skaven (Rats), but I really like those fast Kislevite cavalry units in a large map...
-Excellent map resource btw.
@Hans99 I am using Nato symbols as stand-ins for now, I will post the actual units as I progress.

A modest start, the Empire's militia:
"Broadly referred to as 'irregular troops', militia units are called up as required, and none can foretell how many men will turn up. These troops receive no formal training or discipline and have to equip themselves at their own expense. For many it is a way to earn some much needed extra gold crowns."

Attachments

• Tanelorn Free Company.png
    Tanelorn Free Company.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 245
Empire state troops:

"State troops form the mainstay of the Empire's armies. As well as forming a standing army, state troops serve as city guards and enforcers of all local laws. They may be armed in a variety of ways although the most common is either halberd, sword or spear."

Attachments

• Tanelorn State Troops.png
    Tanelorn State Troops.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 353
Not really, not yet. Thank you, I am working on it.
"Members of the Greatswords are grim men who fight with massive, two-handed blades that can cleave an armoured Knight in twain with one blow. Clad in magnificent suits of Dwarf-forged plate armour, only Men who have taken part in the thickest and bloodiest fighting are ever promoted to the ranks of the Greatswords."
"Clad in ceremonial vestments and armour adorned with religious icons, Warrior Priests smite creatures of darkness with righteous fury. The Cult of Sigmar demands that its followers fight all forms of evil with martial feats as well as with faith, so many of its priests accompany the Empire's armies as they march to war."

Attachments

• Tanelorn Greatsword.png
    Tanelorn Greatsword.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Tanelorn Warrior Priest of Sigmar.png
    Tanelorn Warrior Priest of Sigmar.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 210
"The sons of the Empire's nobility often choose to join one of the select brotherhoods of Knightly Orders. There are many such brotherhoods throughout the Empire. Some select their members from the local nobility others only allow members who are worshippers of a particular god. The Knightly Orders are very powerful and only the strongest warriors stand a chance of surviving their charge."

Attachments

• Tanelorn Order Knight.png
    Tanelorn Order Knight.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Tanelorn Slashed Shirt Spearman.png
    Tanelorn Slashed Shirt Spearman.png
    3 KB · Views: 191
"In battle, Pistoliers act as light cavalry who gallop around the enemy flanks, disrupting formations and launching devastating hit-and-run attacks with their pistols blazing. Most of the young men who survive their time in the Pistoliers go on to join a Knightly Order."

Attachments

• Tanelorn Pistolier.png
    Tanelorn Pistolier.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 179
I don't know much about the Warhammer universe but this scenario looks really interesting. And ofc I love the map! *map freak*

Top Bottom