New nation: Romania

thecivinator58

Warlord
Romania put more soldiers on the Eastern front than Finland, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria, and Slovakia put together. This alone makes them a good next choice for the game. Here is some info I have compiled:

Leader: Ion Antonescu
Trait: something oil related, but oil is not in the mod yet
Units:
Infantry: A reskin of danrell's Hungarian Infantry with minor mods would work
Light Tanks: Skoda R-2 (Panzer 35(t) varient) --> Panzer II
Medium Tanks: Turan I --> Panzer IV G --> Panzer IV H.
Heavy Tanks: P26/40 --> 44M Tas
Cruiser Tanks: Hotchkiss H35
Fighters: PZL-24 --> RE-2000 --> BF-109E --> BF-109F --> BF-109G ( Hawker Hurricane notable but not in the mod.)
Attack Aircraft: JU-87
Heavy Fighters: Potez 630
Fast Bombers: SM-79
Medium Bombers: HE-111

Place on agenda: Perhaps after Finland, and when the bugs for the major civs are fixed.

EDIT: since this thread fell flat on its face, I guess Romania will be shelved for quite a bit.

Here is a picture of Antonescu:
And of a Backround:

Edit: Wow, picture posting fail :hammer2:

As long as Oil isn't in the mod, this is handled by the "Material"-resource. So you might want to give them a bonus to production, or an increased gold income of allies (because they sell their oil = production!?). On the other hand Romania should provide a significant amount of material to their allies, that has to very important. The allied air force concentrated on bombing the oilfields in Romania to weaken the Nazis a lot. This is just to point out how important the exports of Romania had been to Hitler. So you might place some manufactures to Romanian Cities to show this strong economic power during WWII.

It might be a good solution to have a trait like: "oil supply" - grands the (double/triple) amount of national production to major allies (Italy, Nazigermany).

In the end it should be around 100-300 material each turn regarding to difficulty. When bombing Romanian cities and destroying their manufacture tiles this amount can be heavily decreased when it is dependent of Romanian production.

Wow that sounds awesome! Then the axis player would be very encouraged to protect Romania.
It'll present an interesting choice when Romania is invaded: you could dispatch a force to help them or maybe if it would be a too resource heavy task you could simply let them alone :)

As long as Oil isn't in the mod, this is handled by the "Material"-resource. So you might want to give them a bonus to production, or an increased gold income of allies (because they sell their oil = production!?). On the other hand Romania should provide a significant amount of material to their allies, that has to very important. The allied air force concentrated on bombing the oilfields in Romania to weaken the Nazis a lot. This is just to point out how important the exports of Romania had been to Hitler. So you might place some manufactures to Romanian Cities to show this strong economic power during WWII.

It might be a good solution to have a trait like: "oil supply" - grands the (double/triple) amount of national production to major allies (Italy, Nazigermany).

In the end it should be around 100-300 material each turn regarding to difficulty. When bombing Romanian cities and destroying their manufacture tiles this amount can be heavily decreased when it is dependent of Romanian production.

You mean for material production, right? Romania should be able to replace material losses quickly, but making new units would be slower. Maybe "land convoys" could be sent to Germany and Italy holding material, and later oil. These convoys would be very fragile when attacked by the air.

I am not sure what you did not understand. ^^

When you move your cursor on the material symbol in the upper left of your screen ingame, you can see a list what the material per turn consists of. There will be a point listed with the amount of material per turn gained from allies.

I had in mind that being allied with Romania should be rewarded with a huge and significant amount of material per turn (100 on diety at least and more in lower difficulties). In exchange for that Romanias income of gpt by allies should be raised significantly.

Hope this is more clear now ^^

I was talking about produceing whole new units, not more material for renforcements. In any case, once oil is implemented, the bonus would be switched to that, not material.

Unit names:
1st Infantry Division = 1st Divizia Infanterie
2nd Tank Division = 2nd blindate diviune
3rd Fighter Squadron = 3rd luptator escadron
4th Bomber Squadron = 4th Bombardier escadron

Top Bottom