NEW Native Set

coffee junkie

Tech Hippie
UPDATE : DECEMBER 2011

There are 25 updated units in the v3 of this Native set :

Archer - Axeman - Cavalry - Chariot - Crossbowman - Cuirassier - Explorer - Horseman - Knight - Longbowman - Maceman - Musketman - Pikeman - Rifleman - Scout - Settler - Spearman - Swordsman - WarElephant - Warrior - Worker - Galley - Trireme - MachineGun - Spy

Animations file is included in the folder of this set

And you'll find 5 Native Modern units here :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13649

What's updated ?

I cleaned all the files ( unused .dds files and meshes in Nifskope to get cleaner units ), changed some animations and changed some units to get a more coherent set and less heavy units :)

Winter slim ! :lol:

Credits to Gagonite for his great Thunder Brave
Credits to Bernie14 for his native meshes

Nifskope did the other parts ... and I retouched some pixels here and there ( my favourite part ;) )

Brand new skins ! Some re-skins, and new heads ...

ALL these units are now 256x256 textures ...

The Explorer, Cuirassier, Cavalry and Rifleman come from Colonization ...

DOWNLOAD : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14126

:coffee:

Here are some pictures ...

Please ... Enjoy ! :D and ... Happy Civ ! :p

Thank you GeoModder :D

Hope you had great Christmas holydays. Sorry, I've been away for a while.

This set is still a work in progress. I think I can go a bit more further. But time is missing a bit :crazyeye:

Thanks mamba !

Still have small skin problem with the neck of the spearman ... I must work on it.

February 2010 update of the Native set ! :D

New pictures posted and updated in first post.

xml tags and informations updated too.

Thank you :coffee:

yes, of course it's mid march :lol: but I made changes on the units in february :p

And since, I haven't been a lot behind my computer except to work on Ethnic Mix More second update ... So, it's february update to me ;)

Yes. Must have :)

Thanks rochland for your review ! I'm a bit surprised. No many comments in this thread ... Is there a problem with these native units ?? :mischief:

I know it's a mix of different creators work : Bernie14, Danrell, Gagonite, me ... But this is the set I use in Ethnic Mix More mod and even it can of course be improved again, I thought reading some feedback of this Native set ... :D

Nobody had any problems with it ? :confused:

Cool ... :cool:

These units are perfectly fine CJ, in fact they are better than fine. I plan on using them to flavor the Cherokee civ once I get around to making it.

No many comments in this thread ... Is there a problem with these native units ?? :mischief:

Nobody had any problems with it ? :confused:

Cool ... :cool:

We are all too busy playing with your work :lol:
Come on mate, let us play 'til we fall ;)

I'd love to use these in my game. Hopefully a mod will include them. Excellent work!

Thank you riddleofsteel :)

But if you wish, you can add them without any mod, tags are in the first post of this thread and for the 2 other xml sheets changes, I'll provide the informations you need ;)

Sounds good. I'm so new to the editing though, that I don't really know which file to put the tags in. Thanks for your reply.

Sounds good. I'm so new to the editing though, that I don't really know which file to put the tags in. Thanks for your reply.

only 3 xml files to edit :

XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
XML/Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
XML/Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

but always 2 important things ...

- Always work on a copy of these 3 files, not original ones ( always keep safe original files somewhere else )

- A huge care of copy/paste tags, where and how ...

That's it : you can edit your own xml :)

The tags provided in the first post of this thread are the ones from : XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

So, only 2 to edit for you ;) piece of cake ! :lol:

I'll help if needed ...

February 2010 update of the Native set ! :D

New pictures posted and updated in first post.

xml tags and informations updated too.

Thank you :coffee:

you didn't like the mammoth skin we did for varietas delectat? It can be elephant dressed as a mammoth y'know.

only 3 xml files to edit :

XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
XML/Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
XML/Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml

but always 2 important things ...

- Always work on a copy of these 3 files, not original ones ( always keep safe original files somewhere else )

- A huge care of copy/paste tags, where and how ...

That's it : you can edit your own xml :)

The tags provided in the first post of this thread are the ones from : XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

So, only 2 to edit for you ;) piece of cake ! :lol:

I'll help if needed ...

Thanks, I'll take a look. I wasn't really planning on adding them to vanilla civ4 since I always play with mods, but I'm not sure if customizing someone elses mod would be harder. I would never re-distribute such a file, I just don't know if there's some extra steps to take for an existing mod.

you didn't like the mammoth skin we did for varietas delectat? It can be elephant dressed as a mammoth y'know.

In fact, I didn't ask to myself this question because I wanted to do some elephants, not mammoth :D So I used in "another" way the Khmer Ballista Elephant ... without the ballista ;), changed the "cover" of the elephant with a brand new native textile and that's it. I re-used the war paintings of an already created Native elephant ...

Your mammoth is really great ! but it's a ... mammoth :lol: not an elephant ;)

UPDATE : MAY 2010

What's updated ?

I cleaned all the files ( unused .dds files and meshes in Nifskope to get cleaner units ), changed some animations and changed some units to get a more coherent set and less heavy units :)

Spring slim ! :lol:

All infos in the first post of this thread ...

:coffee:

Top Bottom