[GS] New Natural Wonders in Gathering Storm

Done. Sorry I was not aware the image would be so large as I was using mobile phone when I posted it.

When adding spoiler tags make sure to put a space between them and any other code as sometimes they don't work right next to any other bb code

This is a great thread! Natural wonders are my favorite new addition to the game. Definitely think the mud volcanoes are the last one, would be a great addition as I didn't even know they existed.

Part of the reason I'm excited to play as the Maori is the opportunity to find the wonders and settle them quickly. National parks and environmentalism :) The Maori synergize very well with my usual play style.

Would really like to see all the suggestions in the game. I definitely had a great time when I visited the badlands in South Dakota, I'd nominate those as well. It's a beautiful state. I didn't get to see the black hills but they also look good, maybe not enough to qualify as natural wonders though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota#/media/File:Harney_Peak_4.jpg

I definitely think diversity is essential, wonders from all areas of the world should be highlighted.

Last edited:
Just watched a documentary about Vesuvius and the nearby towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum. It is amazing that the excavation and preservation of the site showed the culture of old Rome.

I was wondering if it is possible to have archeological sites within the immediate tiles surrounding a volcano to add more flavor to the game.

From the Mali First Look video, updated images of the Sahara el Beyda including yields. OP has been updated.

Another Four Tile Natural Wonder.....Is Sahara el Beyda that large in real life?

Another Four Tile Natural Wonder.....Is Sahara el Beyda that large in real life?
Well, no. But it‘s smaller than the pantanal in any case. It‘s not really that dense though, so it looks a bit weird. It‘s also not really small, however, if you want to include the full extent, several miles in each direction.

okay close, but not quite definitive

I'm sort of surprised they haven't done 'reveal' videos for the natural wonders (like the world wonders). Didn't they do so for R&F or am I misremembering?

I'm sort of surprised they haven't done 'reveal' videos for the natural wonders (like the world wonders). Didn't they do so for R&F or am I misremembering?

Not that I can recall or recorded. They did videos for world wonders and new generic units.

It would be nice if they did highlight them on social media in some way.

okay close, but not quite definitive
I'm going to say it's pretty definitive. ;)
Unfortunately, no. We pretty much did the same thing as currently - combing through images & videos for clues with the occasional confirmation in a livestream iirc.

*Edit: I guess I'm super off today. Must be the cold/flu I'm fighting. I start typing a comment, start coughing, go blow my nose, come back to finish, & find I've been ninja'd. :lol:

Top Bottom