[GS] New Natural Wonders in Gathering Storm

Finally, after deciding to watch the Star Wars movies to lessen my film barbarism, I'm able to understand Star Wars references :D

It wasn't that bad film...
Just watch Empire Strikes Back. The rest are mediocre to horrible. :p

Already did that :p And having no nostalgy to influence my judgement and basically very little taste in films I judge and watch, I think none of the episodes I watch were straight up bad movies :p
If we'd had this conversation a few years ago, I'd probably have to shun you for that. :p As it is I've gone from loving Star Wars to hating Star Wars with an absolute passion to now feeling nothing more than mild disdain for Star Wars. :p

If we'd had this conversation a few years ago, I'd probably have to shun you for that. :p As it is I've gone from loving Star Wars to hating Star Wars with an absolute passion to now feeling nothing more than mild disdain for Star Wars. :p
It's interesting how relations to certain things and opinions of them can change...

I was first excited by Civ VI, then I felt more excited by Civ V and thought that Civ VI is inferior game, then I returned to Civ VI, and after that, I discovered EU4, and played it much more than Civ VI and Civ V combined. Now, I'm again overflowing with excitement as I'm waging war against Scythia :p

The rest are mediocre to horrible...As it is I've gone from loving Star Wars to hating Star Wars with an absolute passion to now feeling nothing more than mild disdain for Star Wars. :p
No Star Wars shade allowed in this thread mister! There's plenty of that in the Off-Topic forum. :trouble:

By the by, AOTC is my second favorite SW movie after RO.

I blame the internet for that. I grew up loving the original trilogy, but then I went on the internet and people have torn the films to shreds. I still love 4-6, but I’m terrified to mention it online

Yellowstone is overrated. There are literally 50 other volcanoes i prefer over Yellowstone to make it into the game. It just has it's status because it's capable of VEI-8 eruptions and because it's in America.
It also couldn't serve as some kind of landmark, cause it's a large landmass, with a lake, with bosses and all on it. Only Old Faithful would be possible to have as a wonder, but Yellowstone just wouldn't work.

lol, bosses = obviously forests (i was in dutch mode for a second).

I'm not sure if there will be volcanic lists unique to every civ. I think they will have a number of volcano names and just distribute over the map. In the stream Paektu Mountain (which is Korean) was placed next to England.

I do think it is odd that the Grand Canyon is not in here already

I'm not sure if there will be volcanic lists unique to every civ. I think they will have a number of volcano names and just distribute over the map. In the stream Paektu Mountain (which is Korean) was placed next to England.
They mentioned that if a certain geographic feature names weren't available for a Civ, such as volcanoes for England, then they would take the name from another Civ not in the current game, which was Korea.

with flooding rivers, it is possible they add the nile or another fertile antique river as a natural wonder?like 3/4 tiles with the river going in between them

with flooding rivers, it is possible they add the nile or another fertile antique river as a natural wonder?like 3/4 tiles with the river going in between them
We‘ve seen the Nile in the live stream iirc. It was a normal river. Egypt‘s ability seems to make every river it settles a Nile though.

That or the Amazon would be nice. However, because of the placement rules for NWs and rivers, they'd need to be four tiles in order for the graphics to appear seamlessly. See Motlatse Canyon in the Terra Mirabilis mod for a seamless example or Sukritact's Grand Canyon for an example of why a three tile NW can't appear along a river.

I'd love to see the Grand Canyon. Another option that would make a lot of sense would be the Caño Cristales.

If there's something with Crystals, I want Cueva de los Cristales, just somehow on the surface...

While I like the Grand Canyon, I think there are enough News from North America present. Give me some more from Asia or South America.

Top Bottom