[GS] New Natural Wonders in Gathering Storm

If there's something with Crystals, I want Cueva de los Cristales, just somehow on the surface...

While I like the Grand Canyon, I think there are enough News from North America present. Give me some more from Asia or South America.

Cano Cristales admittedly isn't quite a fitting name for it. A better image will come to mind with its nicknames "River of Five Colors" or the "Liquid Rainbow." Its located in Colombia.

I do appreciate learning about that cave. It could be nice Wonder if it could somehow be seen on the surface!

Cano Cristales admittedly isn't quite a fitting name for it. A better image will come to mind with its nicknames "River of Five Colors" or the "Liquid Rainbow." Its located in Colombia.

I do appreciate learning about that cave. It could be nice Wonder if it could somehow be seen on the surface!
Cano Cristales would look very nice in civ VI indeed.

While I don't think we will see rivers like The Nile be a Natural Wonder in the game, what we could see is like the Nile River Delta, which might be a good middle ground

I'm trying to remember if the first looks ever revealed a new NW or if they were mainly discovered from official images and livestreams. :think:

I also realized I hadn't suggested any possible U.S. NWs yet, and I figure one of the seven might likely be from this region. Outside the more obvious choices of Yellowstone/Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon, I'd like to see one of the following:
  • Everglades National Park - Florida (This has been suggested already.)
  • Arcadia National Park - Maine (First national park east of the Mississippi.)
  • Grand Teton National Park - Wyoming (Visited there last year along with Yellowstone, and those are some stunning mountains!)
  • Devils Tower - Wyoming (Just watched part of an episode of Ancient Aliens that talked about this.)
  • Monument Valley - Utah (Shout out for my home state.)
  • Bryce Canyon - Utah (I think it's more beautiful than the Grand Canyon.)

Mostly in Arizona. Navajo nation to be more accurate. I'm being pedantic, I know.
Unlikely we'll get a 2nd one from Utah. I think I enjoyed hiking in Arches better, but Bryce is nice. And it rhymes too. Not as crowded as Zion as well, which helps.

Mostly in Arizona. Navajo nation to be more accurate. I'm being pedantic, I know.
Eh, it's on the border and both states claim portions of it, so...yes, you are. ;)
Unlikely we'll get a 2nd one from Utah. I think I enjoyed hiking in Arches better, but Bryce is nice. And it rhymes too. Not as crowded as Zion as well, which helps.
Agreed, both of these were more wishful thinking on my part than anything else. It's been some twenty odd years since I've been down to visit any of those parks, but I think they all have their charms. Though, if I had to choose one among the non-Utah ones that's most likely to be in GS, it'd be Devils Tower.

Yellowstone is overrated. There are literally 50 other volcanoes i prefer over Yellowstone to make it into the game. It just has it's status because it's capable of VEI-8 eruptions and because it's in America.
It also couldn't serve as some kind of landmark, cause it's a large landmass, with a lake, with bosses and all on it. Only Old Faithful would be possible to have as a wonder, but Yellowstone just wouldn't work.

If they want a supervolcano they could use Tambora. It's a bit more attractive than a few geysers.

Though as far as pretty volcanoes are concerned they probably couldn't choose a better one than Gunung Bromo.

If they want a supervolcano they could use Tambora. It's a bit more attractive than a few geysers.

Though as far as pretty volcanoes are concerned they probably couldn't choose a better one than Gunung Bromo.

I'm not sure whether it classifies as a 'supervolcano'. It's just a volcano capable of very large eruptions, but maybe not of the supervolcano type.

With the Maori being added we must be getting the Pink and White Terraces.

That could be cool a lost natural wonder (well lost and sort of re found) or Wai-O-Tapu could be another cool addition

^ In addition to Piopiotahi, you think? That'd be impressive.

Top Bottom