[GS] New Natural Wonders in Gathering Storm

Any chance we will get a Canadian Natural wonder with Canada in the game?

I can't think of anything off hand as I'm not that familiar with Canada, I just know Banff is beautiful all around.

Specifically, that photo is of Moraine Lake.

I visited in the summer of this year. It's the same lake near the hotel, right? We got to take pictures with a First Nation man.

So far we've only had Vesuvius revealed as a new volcanic NW. I imagine they'd have at least one more and Mt. Fuji is notably absent from the NW roster. Krakatoa's another one, which I feel they could do some interesting stuff with... maybe insane yields, but it's guaranteed to have a cataclysmic eruption at some point in the game (i.e. a special eruption with more serious effects than a normal eruption).

I visited in the summer of this year. It's the same lake near the hotel, right? We got to take pictures with a First Nation man.

It's near a hotel, yes. Can't remember right off which one. It's one of the easiest lakes to access. No hiking required, it's right off a car park.

We have seen Vesuvius in game so unless they called it otherwise I have considered it confirmed

So far we've only had Vesuvius revealed as a new volcanic NW. I imagine they'd have at least one more and Mt. Fuji is notably absent from the NW roster. Krakatoa's another one, which I feel they could do some interesting stuff with... maybe insane yields, but it's guaranteed to have a cataclysmic eruption at some point in the game (i.e. a special eruption with more serious effects than a normal eruption).
I believe Kilimanjaro is now a volcano as is Eyjafjallajökull.

Speaking of Kilimanjaro, doesn't the mountain in the background of the poster art look like it?

Spoiler :

I guess that one of the missing wonders will be coastal or an island.

Skye would be nice for example. Or Santorini, given the volcano focus.

I believe Kilimanjaro is now a volcano as is Eyjafjallajökull.

Is Kilimanjaro still an active volcano?

Looks like we got to see Pamukkale in today's livestream. I wish Cappadocia was a Natural Wonder also. Those mushroom shaped formations...

Crossposting this. It looks like it could be a new Natural Wonder to me. Haven't seen anything like it before. Could this be the mud volcanoes?

Edit: Mud volcanoes in Azerbaijan for reference:

Crossposting this. It looks like it could be a new Natural Wonder to me. Haven't seen anything like it before. Could this be the mud volcanoes?

I think it is Vesuvius. You can kind of make out the caldera.

Spoiler :

Look at the screenshot, it's a weird hill in the back right surrounded by mountains.

What? It's a hill.

This is Vesuvius, it looks nothing like it.

Vesuvius is shorter than the mountains around it, the same color, both have that partial caldera rim. The central vent is a little different and the Inca object is more bumpy.

I think it's just 2 versions of Vesuvius. Maybe pre and post eruption. Or just after different art passes.

Top Bottom