1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Natural Wonders?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by WeneedmoreCivs, Apr 12, 2012.

1. WeneedmoreCivs

WeneedmoreCivs Chieftain

I love the idea of natural wonders, but there were simply not enough of them. I want MANY more...will they be adding any?

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Mt. Sinai is the only one that I've yet heard of.

3. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

There was an accidental patch a couple weeks about that contained files for four new natural wonders: Mount Kailash, Mount Sinai, Uluru and one other that escapes me

4. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Really? That's awesome. The ones you mentioned will be great on my Earth map. :D

5. Duke Maynard

Duke Maynard Chieftain

It is worth noting that all the new natural wonders are also religious in nature.

6. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

Bermuda Triangle :)
    Mariana Trench
    Niagara Falls (or Victoria Falls)
    Salar de Uyuni
    Tianmen Cave

7. WeneedmoreCivs

WeneedmoreCivs Chieftain

Accidental patch? Why didn't I get that?
    I do like the idea of those though...

8. Pouakai

They rolled it back quickly after, it wasn't meant to be released

9. WeneedmoreCivs

WeneedmoreCivs Chieftain

Does that mean they released part of the expansion early, or will there be a patch with new items/features preceeding the expansion?

10. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

We aren't sure, but in reviews/articles Mt Sinai has been mentioned as included in the Demos that the interviewees were shown.

Greg came and said it was part of a patch for stuff that was coming out later (this was before the expansion was revealed).

So could very well come with the expansion, but Greg said it would be part of a patch.

11. WeneedmoreCivs

WeneedmoreCivs Chieftain

Interesting. It would be very strange to release free stuff right before an expansion, but it would be appreciated.

12. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Chieftain

Only if you mean you would like to see many more variety, then I would agree. Having more natural wonders (as well as resources) on a map (i.e, higher density) would be a very bad idea.

13. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

Bermuda Triangle would rule!
    So would Mariana Trench/Challenger Deep and Niagara Falls

Should also have Victoria Falls, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Serengheti, Lake Baikal, Galapagos Islands.

Needless to say, also random Natural Wonder generation, so not all of them appear on the same map.

14. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Chieftain

I was about to mention Galapagos Islands, the more variety the better, Im sick of seeing the Barringer crater so much.

With so many natural incredible locations I still cant understand why would they use fantasy ones, el dorado and fountain of Youth? I hope Atlantis is not a new Natural Wonder.

15. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Chieftain

It seems like there should be some cool forests as Natural Wonders. Like Redwood National Park.

Royal Gorge

Dead Sea

The giant red rock in Australia

Glacier National Park (something to give icy regions a bit of a boost).

A beach of some kind.

Where is Easter Island?

16. Pouakai

"Giant red rock in Australia" = Uluru

17. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Chieftain

It made sense in the New World scenario which introduced them. But no, I don't know why they were introduced into the main game. It's also off to have some Natural Wonders with 'first to discover' bonuses and others without (and the Fountain of Youth effect is completely over the top in any case). I like the graphics for both, but I hope that some of the new Natural Wonders will replace these two. Even had it existed, El Dorado could hardly be considered 'natural', and the graphic for the fountain is of an artificial fountain (though the myth is more appropriately of a spring).

If we're unlucky, the focus on religious Natural Wonders will give us Shangri-La. :(

EDIT: I really like the idea of the Galapagos as a Natural Wonder. Uluru I understand is being added, but the graphic won't look that different from the existing mesa.

The Grand Canyon is sufficiently obvious that it must have been left out for a reason.

Other ideas: Mount Api:

Iguacu Falls:

18. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

I'd like to see Aokigahara, but I doubt the Woods of Suicide would make it in even though it's a major Japanese tourist attraction :'(

19. Liex

Liex Chieftain

Pouakai is compiling Natural Wonders suggestions (among other things) here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=457511

Iguaçu, Niagara and/or Victoria Falls really should be in the game, but perhaps it's not easy to create a waterfall's graphics and fit them in the terrain/rivers in a way they look nice.

20. Liex

Liex Chieftain

Pacific (Chile)

It's famous for its man-made Moai (Polynesia's UI), so I'd say they not qualify as a Natural Wonder.