New Off Topic Forum Moderator

Damn, another poster lost to whatever it is that makes moderators act more moderate :(

That said, probably about the best choice for the sake the site. Congrats Shane!

Well done mate!

Condolulations. :)

That being said, any chance we get a new moderator from the more conservative ranks anytime soon?

We don't need any more liberals or conservatives. We need non-Enlightenmentist mods, dammit!

They would be the least likely to be biased against one or the other ;)

Kudos to you Shane. May your wisdom be far reaching, and your patience unending.

That being said, any chance we get a new moderator from the more conservative ranks anytime soon?

Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly?

Having all the same types of mods is a bad thing, political opinion plays into that as well.
:lol: All the same type of mods? You've got to be kidding. There is enormous diversity of thought, personality and background. I have not seen any political bias in any of the moderating. Having a politically conservative mod will not increase the infractions for liberals nor decrease them for people like yourself. If you think you have actual evidence that conservatives are being singled out for infractions over liberals, please send it to one of the supermods or admins. If having a conservative mod would make you feel more comfortable and better represented, then welcome to the world and enjoy your stay. :)

The truth is that moderators occupy both the left and the right simultaneously, allowing them to hate freedom and persecute the downtrodden at the same time.

The truth is that moderators occupy both the left and the right simultaneously, allowing them to hate freedom and persecute the downtrodden at the same time.
Its true! My new jackboots just arrived in the mail.

Where I moderate I basically cannot post in OT because it's so right wing! And this is my avatar there:

I'm seeing a pattern here.... :)

Thanks guys, I'll do my best.

Make sure to produce a living will as soon as possible. Also, procure some health insurance with no or a low deductable. Those burns fetching coffee, pizza rolls, and napalm for the rest of the staff add up quickly.

Otherwise, congratulations!

And what "rank" do you think I come from?

Since you ask, I will say left of center. And I base that mainly given the fact that you and I disagree on just about everything and see eye to eye on very little.

Sure your're an individual. And you may even have some individual conservative-ish opinions, but overall I would still define you as a lib. Just as overall most would define me as a conservative.

As you know, I disdain self-stereotypes and labels. I consider myself an individual, first and foremost.

We all are. But being individual we have beliefs and opinions that still show others what political leanings we espouse. You have been posting here long enough to give us all a pretty good picture of those beliefs. No surprises there.

But again, good luck with it. Hope your able to fit it into your busy schedule with kids and work and all. :)

I think you'll do a great job Shane. Congrats and please keep up the good work.

:lol: All the same type of mods? You've got to be kidding. There is enormous diversity of thought, personality and background. I have not seen any political bias in any of the moderating. Having a politically conservative mod will not increase the infractions for liberals nor decrease them for people like yourself. If you think you have actual evidence that conservatives are being singled out for infractions over liberals, please send it to one of the supermods or admins. If having a conservative mod would make you feel more comfortable and better represented, then welcome to the world and enjoy your stay. :)

Well, there was like one case a long time ago that felt that way, but it was by a Supermod anyways (I'm not sure this is what happened however, its just a suspicion, there could have been other reasoning, but the supermod in question didn't explain it. I'll shut up now so I don't get into PDMA.)

That said, there is also passive bias, if you are leaning one way, you may think an extreme proposition by the other side to be actually extreme enough to infract. This was what I was talking about. Its not likely that a perfectly reasonable and legal post will be infracted because of its bias, but a borderline post might.

Also, I wasn't complaining about it, merely concurring agreement with Mobboss. I don't think its a huge deal...

You know there were quite a few conservative american moderators in OT back in the early part of the decade--one or two even before MY time. It didn't work out so well :mischief:

Top Bottom