New Office of the President Thread, Term 4

Sir Donald III

Emperor
The old thread is here. I just needed a period to cool stuff off. What with bannings and such.

President: Sir Donald III
VP: Civanator

Openings:
We still have 1 opening for Governor in Edo. I have had inquiries, but should certain people state their availability by 1200 GMT on 11/12 (6 AM CST), then I would consider these, since Minister Zarn's recommended person has already declined.

I also have a temp-position for someone who would like to create a World Map. This Project has a Deadline of 1200 GMT (6 AM CST) Thursday Nov 18. If it is to be completed using 1255 AD data, it needs to be in by Friday Nov 12 at 1200 GMT (6 AM CST)

Furthermore, would the Office of Statistics please prepare a report on our status within that same timeframe.

Congratulations from Provolution with the new thread :) I hope this thread will fare better than the last one, and I will do my best to keep it civic :)
I cannot vouch for your Forbidden Palace antagonists though....

[roleplay]Once again, thank you for your service in the Iroq war. Now, take your rightful seat at my right hand.[/roleplay]

I'm sad to see Edo Province is without a governor already 2nd TC. I'm short with time but if you don't have any other options consider me as candidate to the governor position. I'll make sure the province continue to be one of the most important parts of Japanatica.
If some other candidates appear then give them advantage over me.

Wondering when the next game play session is. Don't see a TCIT for Chat #3 yet. Hasn't an amendment been passed requiring the TCIT to be posted three days before the game play session? Am I correct in assuming that since there's no TCIT yet Chat #3 is at least three days away? (And it's already Tuesday night where I am!)

I was at work at the time, Finance Minister. But guess what my first order of business was after I got home?

Now for other buisness:

Minister Zarn has made his recommendations known for the Provincial Vacancies. For Edo he recommended Black Hole. However, Black Hole was one of two people who I had already contacted and had declined my request. If he wishes to accept now, please say so. Otherwise, I have others who have requested, even in this thread.

He has also recommended former President and Admiral of the Eastern Fleet Chieftess for the position of Iroquois Governor. I have sent a PM to her to inform her of her potential appointment.

Sir Donald III said:
He has also recommended former President and Admiral of the Eastern Fleet Chieftess for the position of Iroquois Governor. I have sent a PM to her to inform her of her potential appointment.

I don't want to taint another Presidential thread, but if you choose to reward former President Chieftess with control over the lands she took without public approval, her appointment could cause potential conflict.

I never CCed the matter because I had no interest in pursuing a lame duck administration. However, if you choose to act on Minister Zarn's recommendation of Chieftess, I will have no choice but to submit the CC for her taking of Salamanca and her subsequent attack on Oil Springs.

Hopefully, Mr. President, you can see the conflict of interest inherent in offering control over Salamanca etc to Chieftess. I would like to spare Japanatica another divisive legal battle if I can help it.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi

Sorry, Mr. Zoi, but I take my Minister's Recommendations quite seriously.

Besides, she just answered my "invite" PM. Making her appointment to the Military Occupied Zone official.

You DO have a right, however, and perhaps a responsibility in this case, to ask for a Confirmation Poll, as per CoL Section G (2)

CoL said:
Any citizen may create a confirmation poll, should one not already exist.

While I can see DZ's point (it would be like making Chaney Prime Minister of Iraq), I don't necessarily side with it. My concern is whether or not there will be continued involvement (timely posted Instructions, etc).

I applaud this recent activity in the Presidential thread, as it shows the implementation of Citizens rights and a very appropriate and professional response from the President. This could be interesting...

Well, I agree with SD3s decision, and I have a more balanced view to the Governor candidate. Yet, we expect the WOTP is taken into consideration in naming the province.

Invy seems to be a great choice for Governor of Edo. He has served the position twice. You need only to check to see what he has done in the past.

Chieftess is most capable of running a province, and that is what I look for in a potential governor. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sir Donald III said:
I was at work at the time, Finance Minister. But guess what my first order of business was after I got home?

Now for other buisness:

Minister Zarn has made his recommendations known for the Provincial Vacancies. For Edo he recommended Black Hole. However, Black Hole was one of two people who I had already contacted and had declined my request. If he wishes to accept now, please say so. Otherwise, I have others who have requested, even in this thread.

Sorry I was planning on staying a citizen this term. Also I am not a fan of governorships. And since you have other candidates I will let them have a chance at it.
Its much funner being a citizen and yelling at people for messing up ;)

Black_Hole said:
Sorry I was planning on staying a citizen this term. Also I am not a fan of governorships. And since you have other candidates I will let them have a chance at it.
Its much funner being a citizen and yelling at people for messing up ;)

Oh, you can still do it while you're in the government ;)

invy said:
I'm sad to see Edo Province is without a governor already 2nd TC. I'm short with time but if you don't have any other options consider me as candidate to the governor position. I'll make sure the province continue to be one of the most important parts of Japanatica.

Zarn said:
Invy seems to be a great choice for Governor of Edo. He has served the position twice. You need only to check to see what he has done in the past.

Invy, please report to me, either in this thread or by PM, to accept this Appointment to Edo Province.

Reporting to duty, Sir! :) Thanks for support!

President, I notice in your "4A" tcit thread, you say the previous savegame is 1295 AD. However, in 4B, it is 1315 AD. How did we magically jump 4 turns?

Thanks.

edit: Sorry for this post SDIII. I thought the turnchat would be 0 to 1 turns. Also, I didn't investigate it. I thought CG's post was about instructions, therefore I didn't read it, and I didn't see the saves. Sorry on my part. :)

President

I request the following Railroads and Fortifications for the upcoming war.
You should build these fortifications at once, if you agree, and we stack them up with the 3 regular pikemen, 3 elite swords and a few cannons, throw in a musket in each fortress. These killing zones will make the war go faster, so we do not need to build more units. The commander of these fortifications will be named in the MSAV thread.

Provo, there probably won't be enough time to make the forts before the Zulu attack us, if they do.

I doubt the AI will attack units on a mountain in a fort. The AI will go for the least defended units. We still have atleast one turn to try and get Nationalism, and upgrade our muskets. I suggest we use all of our cannons (and that means getting the cannon at sea in ASAP. Unload it when it's inside of a city for faster movement).

Top Bottom