New official trailer out (July 5, 2007)

As guessed above monuments/SH don't become oboslete with calander anymore. That was pushed back till Astronomy.

This gives three main effects.

First Monument UB's are alot better. There will be 3 of them with Bts.
Second Charismatic gets a boost as the +1 happy will stay much longer.
And Third SH is a little better for regual leaders and amazing for Charismatic leaders.

I'm both pleased and astonished that the planets actually move around the stars in the mod... If they've opened up the possibility to move such graphics across tiles to modding, I'm going to really have some fun :evil:

Thanks. You're probably right, if those were esp points, one would expect them to look more like the spy icon. What confused me was the +2 gold which seemed to contradict a parallel cost figure.

So how does it work then: The owner of the city with the corporate branch pays 7 gold and the owner of the corporate hq gets 2 gold in the city where it resides?

No, I'm almost certain that it is
+2 gold +3* culture In this city
+7 to the Maintenance of this city (hopefully pre-Courthouse)

The HQ would then separately get 4 gold pt

And I'm pretty sure its a 50 gold cost for establishing the branch.
*I think this is actually +8 culture

Moving H.S. Good Idea
Music is now Really the tech to rush for if you want a culture win

Is that aesthetics just before and a little below literature?

Can anyone tell the buttons on it?

Looks like there is a new button on calendar too.

IIRC, Temple of Zeus was put on Aesthetics, so the new icon would be for it.

The Mausoleum is indeed on Calendar, from the look of it.

Some other findings: the Parthenon has moved to Aesthetics and there's a new unknown icon on the Sailing tech (next to those already said).

Some other findings: the Parthenon has moved to Aesthetics and there's a new unknown icon on the Sailing tech (next to those already said).

probably river trading

If they moved the Parthenon, does polytheism now have a reduced cost? The reason I ask is because that would make it more likely for Hinduism to be founded first (as it was historically) and I like that. :D

The reason I ask is because that would make it more likely for Hinduism to be founded first (as it was historically) and I like that. :D

but they have the "choose whatever religion you want" option, remember?

I'm both pleased and astonished that the planets actually move around the stars in the mod... If they've opened up the possibility to move such graphics across tiles to modding, I'm going to really have some fun
It might not be "realistic" (in terms of scale) but it makes the map much more interesting imo than that of Gal Civs or Moo where only stars are displayed.

- We know what was the hi-res lincoln screenshoot from: intro movie. It seems they are going to use him a lot in the intro (note the spies part of the intro takes place in front of his statue as well).
Yea, I noticed that as well.

I was first like: Pfff.. typical Americo-centric business.

But then I thought 'If there's one empire 'beyond the sword', it must be the US, started when gunpowder was around and did a lot of beyond-the-swordish business like espionage, corporations and the like.'.

I think the intro starts of with the speech, he freezes up/turns into statue, the camera zooms out and you see his statue and the spies. Or something like that :)

What System do they use to make this DVD Demo game? It looks so fast. Is it playing on the recommended system? It's impossible!

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

1.8GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent/better
512 MB RAM
128 MB Video Card w/ DirectX 8 support (pixel and vertex shaders)
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
CD-ROM Drive
1.7GB of free hard drive space
DirectX 9.0c (included)

I guess it must be

over Duo 3.0GHz (about 6.0GHz Single CPU)
over 2GB RAM
over 512 MB Video Card

What System do they use to make this DVD Demo game? It looks so fast. Is it playing on the recommended system? It's impossible!

I guess it must be

over Duo 3.0GHz (about 6.0GHz Single CPU)
over 2GB RAM
over 512 MB Video Card

i know little of computers, and i asked on the computer thread, but no one seemed to answer, but what does the reconommeded system mean for us?

It's playable to play only "Tutorial Demo Game" (50 turns limits)

umm... meaning that the average computer won't be able to handle BtS???

Top Bottom