1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - December 1st (12-1)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 1, 2020.

1. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I think that is a good idea. I remember GAP ruins turning up in the past, but only after a certain point in time. Not sure if my memory is faulty there, but it didn't bother me as much when that was that case.

2. notaspambot

notaspambot Chieftain

Hacienda seems to have a missing icon for the strategic view.

Hinin likes this.
  3. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

Me being an absolute retard when it comes to coding, I am not sure which line I should remove.

4. IcyAngel

IcyAngel Prince

On a funny note, I met Brazil on turn 10 (Epic) and they were already influential over me. :lol:

5. griD77

griD77 Chieftain

I think Faith should go from Ruins. It's either too powerful or total garbage (i.e. you are building Stonehenge and are halfway through; the reward only turns up after turn 20). Maybe just give the GAP reward instead after turn 20?

Edit to clarify: It's turn 20 on Epic speed, don't know if that changes with game speed :)

6. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Pedro was basically the template for the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World", so I wouldn't put it past him. He is now the only other known being, alongside Supreme Leader, to accomplish such a feat.

7. tommytoxen

tommytoxen Warlord

this version seems a lot more stable than last one i was playing. i used to consistently crash around turn 500-700, usually when using bombers.

currently on turn 1056 and not a single crash yet. all great!

not noticing any real major problems either. am a little puzzled by all the bribed wars though, they're endless, non-stop.

Erikose, Zuizgond and vyyt like this.
  8. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

Wow, I rarely go past turn 250 on epic speed, that must have taken ages!

tommytoxen likes this.
  9. tommytoxen

tommytoxen Warlord

haha, marathon, giant earth. i play the same game for weeks its just how i like to play :) im more casual than most here i just play to build and roleplay i have all victory conditions turned off :p

Erikose, James Ryle, Dromin and 5 others like this.
  10. KittyKat3120

KittyKat3120 Warlord

Just lost a game on King, it was a close game where I just lost a turn before china (I was a turn away for culture victory, she got diplomatic victory), Prussia was also close to a domination victory (just left china and my capital). Overall was quite ok with the game, china was quite ahead, manage to catch up to her etc.

My main issue is with the diplomatic victory, as I thought I was going to win, but china snuck it under me as 2 other civs voted for her (not sure if it was her vassal), but I personally feel that vassals should not vote for other civs in the event for votes that gives the victory to someone else (as they are still trying to win and prevent others from winning, even if it was their master).

11. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

If you switch off all victory conditions the AI's WAR and HOSTILE approach scores are doubled, just so you know :)

12. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

About bribed wars: had to disable them mid game, again. It makes no sense that a civ you just contacted DoW you next turn out of the blue due to insta bribing by AI. Higher the difficulty higher the chance.

Zuizgond likes this.
  13. usadefcon1

usadefcon1 Warlord

14. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

The issue is that the game creates some memory variables based on game turns, and the game turns are assumed to cap at 500.

G

Carloshooter, vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  15. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

I see, logical. I guess we need to raise the cap, then? Or if it's some sort of "turn by turn" storage, perhaps older data can be discarded?

Carloshooter, vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  16. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

It is mainly the 'history' stuff. We just need a better method to set 'max turns' on those values. They're in CVPlayer IIRC.

Erikose, Carloshooter, vyyt and 3 others like this.
  17. Acaerus

Acaerus Chieftain

This is the first version that i managed to play till victory\defeat in 2 years. And second one is coming to an end. Thank you.

Erikose, Drakul, Carloshooter and 8 others like this.
  18. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Emperor

Well.... It's a long time ago that the AI was able to take one of my cities, but a coop war from the technological leading Maya and the furious Denmark was able to did it. While the Maya sieged 2 of my cities, Denmark was pillaging through my empire, taking down my happiness, causing a barbarian uprising and heavy penalties for unit production.
    Well done.
    The only strange behavior was coming from Spain, which had chosen authority, but didn't picked its chance to invade my unprotected flank, while I had to face 2 militarily superior enemies in an other direction.

19. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

20. rsc2a

rsc2a Chieftain

Comment out this line:

('GOODY_GOLDEN_AGE', 'TXT_KEY_GOODY_GOLDEN_AGE', 'TXT_KEY_GOODY_CHOOSE_GOLDEN_AGE', 'AS2D_GOODY_WARRIOR', 0, 200, 0),