New Official Version - December 1st (12-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had this experience where if you restart the game (Exiting the program and turning back on), the calculation of the damage is totally way off.
Example: initially, it took me 3 hits to kill an enemy. but after restarting the game, the same unit took 9 to 10 hits to kill. (exact same turn, same unit, everything constant)
It happened to me quite often, whenever my game crash and i restart it, the whole damage calculation is changed.

Dunno if it is wide-spread "issue" but the amount of bribed wars late in the game (turn 200 and later) is just overwhelming. I had few games with dif Civ's - Russia, China and once Turkey where I was quite ahead in Tech specifically and in overall score, and I just could not catch a break whatsoever, I was constantly in war and often with ALL other Civ's as one of them was bribing. No matter what diplomacy or tactics I would employ in rare peace time to counter this. And I am playing for Tech win specifically as I am a bit new to VP and tech is my safest strategy to get to some victories before moving to other styles of play. So there was no aggressive war-mongering tactics by my side, tech & culture rush and diplomacy with nearest City States.

You didn't select random seed in the setup, which can give different results,

That option doesn't do anything.

Dunno if it is wide-spread "issue" but the amount of bribed wars late in the game (turn 200 and later) is just overwhelming. I had few games with dif Civ's - Russia, China and once Turkey where I was quite ahead in Tech specifically and in overall score, and I just could not catch a break whatsoever, I was constantly in war and often with ALL other Civ's as one of them was bribing. No matter what diplomacy or tactics I would employ in rare peace time to counter this. And I am playing for Tech win specifically as I am a bit new to VP and tech is my safest strategy to get to some victories before moving to other styles of play. So there was no aggressive war-mongering tactics by my side, tech & culture rush and diplomacy with nearest City States.

Using the latest patch? It should be more reasonable now.

3) This game once again shows me that you really can't look at your position in the mid game and call a win, the AI really does ramp up hard in the later game if given the chance.

I've been trying Civ 6 lately and this is one of the two areas that VP really shines in by comparison. It ain't over until the spaceship launches! The other being military AI (which I expected given how good VP is in that regard).
10) I am noticing a general "erosion" of religion in the late game. As others have noted, sometimes late pressures get quite high, and main religion gets pushed aside for the new comer. What I generally see on these water heavy maps is less conversion and more that the cities have no religion, as no one can get a majority. In some ways that is thematically appropriate, but I know some have complained about religious pressure and I can somewhat understand why.

Yes, this seems to have been an issue for a little while. Lots of cities with no majority was something I found frustrating/uninteresting about previous versions at least.
I find Morocco is a very flexible civ. They play well tall as well as wide. I went for the more wide play this game.

Agreed! Wide or at least medium-wide Morocco can be a lot of fun :).
4) I think we could remove the ranged attack from the GDR. Its already proving to be a very dominant unit, and the free attack completely screws with the combat calculator, GDRs will often 1 shot units that its only supposed to do 60-70% damage to.

I agree. I never really understood the rationale behind it given the hammer cost of a GDR. It makes many of the other late-game units feel poor by comparison, to me.
2) I think its time to consider desert for the skirmisher bonus. Currently desert is a penalty instead of a benefit, and I think it should be terrain skirmishers get benefits on.

Is this intended? I just kind of assumed that the skirmisher doctrine benefit applied to flat desert tiles. If it doesn't, it should!

Last edited:
That's interesting. What does it do?

Correction: I examined the code and it does seem to be used in a handful of places - the random seed is used to determine the random AI choices for city production, policies, techs, beliefs, World Congress voting, event decisions, and City-State elections.

Correction: I examined the code and it does seem to be used in a handful of places - the random seed is used to determine the random AI choices for city production, policies, techs, beliefs, World Congress voting, event decisions, and City-State elections.
Isn't the vanilla random seed causing desyncs in multi-player? If so it shouldn't be used at all.

It must have been mentioned before that the governor is quite awful when it comes to picking the correct tiles eh?

Here picking 2 food forest instead of 3 food deer.

EDIT: I'm always checking it and handling this myself so I don't care for myself. But I wonder how the AI is affected by it. Sometimes picking an unimproved grasstile instead of an improved floodplain

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-15_15-39-32.png
    upload_2021-1-15_15-39-32.png
    7.4 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Does the 'iron fist' autocracy policy protect me from the world congress resolution that liberates all vassals?

(Sorry for bumping this thread but I started a game on this version and its been going on a while.)

Does the 'iron fist' autocracy policy protect me from the world congress resolution that liberates all vassals?

(Sorry for bumping this thread but I started a game on this version and its been going on a while.)

Yes.

Screenshot (127).png Screenshot (128).png

Hm the yield generation for the cities get a little bit funky near the endgame... (This is the December patch)

How to install only the community patch, civ 4 diplomacy, luxury mod & EUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom