1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Official Version - December 1st (12-1)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Odd. But seems okay for the time being.

2. phantomaxl1207

phantomaxl1207 King

It seems you need a base Culture Yield to benefit from Boarder Growth. New City was not putting yields to acquiring new tile. Now that it has the Monument, it is making use of the Boarder Growth yield.

JamesNinelives and smorgasborgas like this.
  3. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

No more crashes with ranged units! Thank you very much! Great work on the AI :salute:

vyyt, JamesNinelives and glider1 like this.
  4. dostillevi

dostillevi Warlord

This is correct, cities grow borders based on their culture gain. The capital gets 1 culture from the palace at start, but other cities have no source of culture (and thus no border growth) when settled.

5. dostillevi

dostillevi Warlord

Some interestingly tight starts here. This is a Huge map with 16 civs. There should be plenty of space:

upload_2020-12-4_16-26-33.png

Notice how there is just one civ on the entire southern edge of this continent:
    upload_2020-12-4_16-27-11.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Maxxim69, vyyt and JamesNinelives like this.
  6. dostillevi

dostillevi Warlord

Also I feel like I've noticed the focus on unit gets called twice. It's a little hard to explain, but after telling a unit to do something I'll go look elsewhere, then when the unit finishes doing it's thing, my screen gets pulled back to the unit. It's rather annoying.

7. Recursive

I recommend making a bug report on Github. :)

8. InkAxis

InkAxis Prince

I think he means that if, for example, you have +1 BGP but 0 culture then none of the border growth points count. I would report it on GitHub if so.

9. KittyKat3120

KittyKat3120 Warlord

Hi, so I'm starting a new game and I'm not sure what is Override AssignStartingPlots in the game option?
    Can I ask what is it?

10. Snipergw

Snipergw Chieftain

Something is terribly ****y with the AI this version, worst behavior in a very long time. I didn't enable logs for my first game, but deals were completely whack, sometimes paying 20gpt+ for some horses, othertimes wanting 3 luxuries for Open Borders. After World Congress popped and I met 3 distant AIs, they all declared war on me instantly without reason (never sending any units). All other AIs also made nonsensical aggressive wars, without even having access to me, or without having enough units. On the plus side, they are pleasantly aggressive with their citadel usage, but the diplo is unusable now.

11. Recursive

Oh joy. I have my work cut out for me. :crazyeye:

Although really, it's been a problem for a long time.

Now would be a good time for that war logic rework I was wanting to do.

I've opened a Github issue for this.
    https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/7260

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  12. azum4roll

azum4roll Emperor

Happens when there's too little space for all civs.

13. JamesNinelives

JamesNinelives Emperor

I've always thought there should be some kind of minimum distance between capital cities. Not sure if that is the case currently.

14. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

I say we let a few others have the opportunity to finish a game or two before jumping to any conclusions that the diplo is broken. Obviously there's still room to improve, and I'm sure you'll continue to refine your magnificent work, but I just want you to know that my last two games (v10-7) were still filled with some instances of awesome diplo and war logic.

I hope you keep your head up as you work your way through another daunting rework, and know that not all of the prior foundation you've established should be disregarded. I'd imagine getting the diplo right, so that it's comparative to playing a human, is arguably the hardest thing to emulate for this game -- even more so than the tactical Ai and balance changes, which are of course handled tremendously by Zebo and ilteroi -- and I can assure you that it's still 100x better than what it was before you showed up. The community greatly appreciates your stellar contributions to VP! Just some words of encouragement before taking on your next endeavour.

15. Recursive

Thanks! I appreciate it. :)

I intend on doing a rework of the war logic regardless of whether it's broken - it's just a lot of work.

I've just finished rewriting all of the promise-related memory functions (and removing useless Firaxis memory values - they used three or more different values where one would do, presumably because they don't understand how enums work. grumbles).

Next (after debugging) I plan on reworking the AI opinion system so that most time-based modifiers decay over time in value based on the % of turns left until their expiry, and using flavors to modify how many turns they last for. This will also involve more rewriting of memory code...

Then I'll revise relationship logic and finally war logic. So as I said, I've got my work cut out for me. :eek:

16. Tarzan737

Tarzan737 Warlord

Fantastic! Thanks!

JamesNinelives likes this.
  17. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

Is it normal for every civ to have at least one defense pact (sometimes multiple) around medieval?

18. myeong1129

myeong1129 Chieftain

Is the golden age point bonus from ancient ruins newly added? I saw it for the first time in this version, but it seems like it's not actually providing any point. Around 4 times I've got that effect from different ruins in different games, and all never seem to give a single point.

19. Histomen

Histomen Chieftain

IM in a bit of a love hate with the current AI, Im going for mid game domi pushes and sold all my iron for high gpt, luxury prices are a little touchy but since theyre cheaper its easier to trade with friendly civs. gave me a strong economy to segway medieval ready cities to crank out conquistadores.
    Imagine being Assyria and losing your war to someone who sold all their early iron and horses to people on the other side of the map so you can buy early defenses.

20. John.B.C

John.B.C Prince

Are granaries these days, supposed to give +1 gold to wheat instead of +1 food?

If so, when was this change implemented? I can't find it in any of these two latest patch notes.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020