New Official Version - December 1st (12-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a bug to me. Do you have any saves/screenshots of what is happening?

Ah, I know why. I fixed a bug in the ancient ruins code but I guess it didn't fully fix it. Looks like the Golden Age ruin wasn't tested or something when it was added?

I'll dig through the code and see what's up.

EDIT: Fixed, I'll post a DLL with the fix here.

Last edited:
EDIT: Fixed, I'll post a DLL with the fix here.

Hotfixed DLL, fixes the Golden Age ancient ruin. Just replace the DLL in your MODS > (1) Community Patch with this one and enjoy.

It now gives 200 GAP, scaling with era and gamespeed, but can only trigger if you haven't had your first Golden Age yet.

Attachments

• CvGameCore_Expansion2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 347
Last edited:
A question since the tooltip doesn't seem to say. How much each annexed city increases tech and civic cost?

Hey, I'm experiencing a number of changes to vanila mechanics playing the CP only version, namely a change to the pressure system, trade route yields(which appear to yield culture although they do not, and also yield far more gold than usual) and also a change to tribute system(in both the ease of tribute and the size of tribute given). If those are indeed bugs, could anyone suggest what logs should I post to github (as in, logs from which situations)? I'm sort of new here, sorry if this comment is misplaced

Depends on map size.
And this is more related to quick questions topic..

Yes, you are right. I guess I thought it was a bug, should have worded it better. And in some way it is. I'm using YnAEMP Dale's map, and there's no mention of it in the tooltip, so it's not working with custom maps it seems.

Good thing that the Golden Age ruin bug has been fixed. But here's another tiny bug.
The Spanish Mission should have been eliminated from the game, but I can still see it from the Culture overview section.
Seems like it is also somehow pushing the great works slot of Castle outside the page. When my great work of art is automatically put in the castle, I can't find it from the page, so I need to rearrange its position by pressing swap&optimize button.

Attachments

• asddd.png
    asddd.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
I am very surprised this wasn't reported already considering people are probably itching to play spain.
On unlock, Haciendas give +2G per adjacent luxury, with base 1G and 1BG. In screenshot one, despite being next to an improved tea, no extra gold. In 2, bizarrely the improved lapis lazuli is counted as a bonus resource, granting food instead of gold. 3 is an example of the haciendas working correctly. 4, again, a hacienda next to perfume without the gold bonus. This was reported to Github.
Mod load order issue. the extra luxuries are added after the Hacienda is, so they aren't entered into Hacienda's boost table. I've made a pull request. In the short term, people can replace their local install with this.

replace your MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Leaders\DLC\DLCChanges.sql with the file in this shady zip file.

The Spanish Mission should have been eliminated from the game, but I can still see it from the Culture overview section.
I was told to comment out/deactivate old Spain's code for now, and things can be rolled back if people want to. It's just a minor UI foible for now.

Attachments

• DLCChanges.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 70
Got one game running on Emperor.
Stable game so far (it has been crashing when exit to windows).
Turned back bribed wars and DP's, I see again more wars than is sensible, especially for non authority civs but I guess thats how it is.
I was lucky and/or tried to pounce on the AI's that got declared on, sometimes I got a bit dogpiled but mostly by AI's way out of my reach.
A LOT more city states than usual got taken out, I have liberated 3 or 4 CS (and india 1 cs) with more to come.

Tech speed seems a bit more reasonable, ie not as extreme AI boost going classic -> medival.

I was told to comment out/deactivate old Spain's code for now, and things can be rolled back if people want to. It's just a minor UI foible for now.

Will the new Spain rework affect the availability of NoSpread and Reconquista in the traits table, now or in the near future? I wouldn't mind Reconquista being removed as it's much too specific, but I'd appreciate NoSpread being kept around.

Loving the military ai rework. AI have been exceptionally rough and conniving this patch. Only thing I'll note is that AI's like Napolean and Ghenghis Khan will be overtly aggressive when there are archers on hill hiding behind forests picking them off slowly.

Will the new Spain rework affect the availability of NoSpread and Reconquista in the traits table, now or in the near future? I wouldn't mind Reconquista being removed as it's much too specific, but I'd appreciate NoSpread being kept around.
we aren’t talking about removing code from the DLL, just deactivating them wrt to Spain.

Is it just me, or do ancient ruins no longer give faith? I don't think I've gotten a single pantheon / prophet ruins reward ever since I updated (was two official versions behind, so not sure if this version or the previous one was the cause). The AI is also abnormally slow with getting a pantheon / religion.

I think this is by far one of the best if not the absolute best patch i have got to play.
The military AI is exceptionally good even on Emperor; The Mayan army took advantage of it's early scientific boosts and steamrolled over Korea with heavy skirmishers in one continent ..... The Aztecs annihilated Egypt (the score leader at that point) then did the same thing to the Timurids ..... I had a substantial lead on land forces but i did not use it well and wanted a peaceful win which did fire back at me with the Aztecs Knocking at my door with a huge fleet i cannot deal with so i have to give up some coastal cities and retreat to the inland where i can fend off his forces.
Diplo AI is really really good; no more phony war spam .... i saw co-op wars, real bribed wars, some real clashes and voluntary vassalage as well.
Deal logic is getting closer to being generally ok but valuing luxuries is a bit on the lower side of the prices ..... the AI still asks for strategics they cannot use.
Communitu_79 still spawns very few coal and very unevenly placed (i have 15 cities including a huge tundra forest and i had only one coal tile with 6 copies).

Is it just me, or do ancient ruins no longer give faith? I don't think I've gotten a single pantheon / prophet ruins reward ever since I updated (was two official versions behind, so not sure if this version or the previous one was the cause). The AI is also abnormally slow with getting a pantheon / religion.

I have been consistently hitting faith in ruins. In addition, I don't know how the AI gets religions so fast, so I am having the opposite problem. This could be just an Emperor issue, but on standard speed there is no chance of getting a religion myself. Now, on Epic speed that is different, and I can almost always get a religion. I have no idea why the game speed makes such a difference.

I haven't played this patch yet, but (in case you weren't already aware) faith ruins are only possible to get after turn 20 (standard speed).

I haven't played this patch yet, but (in case you weren't already aware) faith ruins are only possible to get after turn 20 (standard speed).
Yes, I'm aware. Currently turn 275; have gotten zero faith from ruins this entire game, or the previous one. Was playing multiplayer with a friend yesterday and he was saying the same thing.

EDIT:
I have been consistently hitting faith in ruins. In addition, I don't know how the AI gets religions so fast, so I am having the opposite problem. This could be just an Emperor issue, but on standard speed there is no chance of getting a religion myself. Now, on Epic speed that is different, and I can almost always get a religion. I have no idea why the game speed makes such a difference.
I think that's because on slower speeds you have more time to explore and get faith from ruins before they build a shrine.

Last edited:
Fort yields are now:
1 bgp
+ 4 bgp at electronics
+2 science at chemistry
+4 science at stealth
+2 bgp at Military Science

What does bgp stand for? It's the little purple hexagonal yield icon, right? I had never seen it before in my games. Is it new? What does it do?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom